Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#76 Old 18th Oct 2012 at 9:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ellacharmed
Why don't you write down here the steps you did in your own words?

I no longer have access to my Mac partition as the new GPU I have is not yet supported in a Hackintosh, and my HDDs have run out of space for me to fit and redo my virtual machines (getting a new HDD is not in the budget for the moment). So, carrying out the steps to test on a Windows machine myself would totally be inconclusive, in order for me to help you.

Okay, thank you anyway for trying to help me !
So here is what I did: first I opened S3PE with Mono. Then I choose the NraasCareerData file from Nraas site to open with S3PE (I renamed this particular file to whatever I wanted to call my new career).
Then when the file is opened in S3PE, I click on, say, "Nraas.Careers" xml file, then on "Details" (but not by right-clicking on the line, because right-click doesn't work). Then I change the title of the xml file to "Nameofmynewcareer.Careers" for example, then I save.
But the title of the "Nraas.Careers" file that I see in the list didn't change, in fact.

That's it ! Did I miss something ?
Advertisement
In the Arena
retired moderator
#77 Old 19th Oct 2012 at 5:32 AM
You still have not inform me of the Save error...

I think I need to see the folder and files setup. Can you post a screenshot of the folder's contents? And a screenshot of how the S3PE screen looks like during this step, please.

Also, take a screenshot of the Terminal window after you've attempted to Save in s3pe. It should show the Save error in there.
Lab Assistant
#78 Old 19th Oct 2012 at 7:14 PM
You still have not inform me of the Save error...

I think I need to see the folder and files setup. Can you post a screenshot of the folder's contents? And a screenshot of how the S3PE screen looks like during this step, please.

Also, take a screenshot of the Terminal window after you've attempted to Save in s3pe. It should show the Save error in there.

I'll do that !
In the Arena
retired moderator
#79 Old 21st Oct 2012 at 12:43 PM
I figured it out.
I've been doing housekeeping of my HDDs past few days. And today re-installed Mountain Lion and managed to see the differences missing in the Tutorial.

As Twallan mentioned, he used Packer. Which would auto-update the Instance field whenever you edit the name.
However, in s3pe, you need to explicitly click on the FNV64 button, for the Instance to be updated as per the Name field.

If you're lost, let me know and I'll put together some screencaps.
Lab Assistant
#80 Old 29th Oct 2012 at 1:04 AM
I figured it out.
I've been doing housekeeping of my HDDs past few days. And today re-installed Mountain Lion and managed to see the differences missing in the Tutorial.

As Twallan mentioned, he used Packer. Which would auto-update the Instance field whenever you edit the name.
However, in s3pe, you need to explicitly click on the FNV64 button, for the Instance to be updated as per the Name field.

If you're lost, let me know and I'll put together some screencaps.

Thanks for keeping trying to help me \o/ I would like those screencaps if you can, please It is great if you have found the solution ! I hope it'll work !
In the Arena
retired moderator
#81 Old 30th Oct 2012 at 3:19 PM

Alrighty.
So, based on the Packer program, I was able to determine that Packer would auto-hash the name on the fly when you edit it. Notice how typing the letter "m" has changed the Instance ID value, well instantly (pun intended ). Previously it was the same as the one shown in S3PE (the 0x771DAblabla string).

In s3pe, you need to manually click on the FNV64 button. (blue arrow)
First, edit the name as how you want it, then click that FNV64 button, and you should see the Instance field change values.
After that, when you click OK, you should be able to Save the file.
Screenshots
Test Subject
#82 Old 2nd Nov 2012 at 10:42 AM
Default Mono and Custard
Hi,

I hope I'm posting in the right place... I'm sorry, but I was wondering if anyone could help me with using Custard to check through my sims3pack files... Ive been checking through every post and other forums and can't seem to find anyone who has the same problem as I do.

MacBook Pro: 2.8GHz Intel Core i7 with 8GBRAM, Mac OS X Lion (10.7.5)
XQuartz 2.6.4
MonoFramework-MRE-2.10.9
Sims3PackCleaner_1180750 + Sims3PackCleaner_1137490 (I tried both versions and both have the same problem)

I run Custard through mono it opens fine, however when I try to open a Sims3Pack file... I go to the folder (where I have specifically placed a few different types of Sims3Pack files for testing), they don't show... The folder is there and everything, but custard reads it as empty. I then check other folders that contained Sims3Pack seeing that most of my 'organized' folders appeared empty. However my old unorganized folder which has like over 1000 Sims3Pack items (It was back when I first discovered CC and went crazy =_="), seemed to show up with a few items.

Can someone please help me fix this problem? I have no idea what I did wrong and I'm really bad when it comes to these things so please dumb it down for me on the tech side! Thankss!!!

ooh and I get this msg in terminal every time I run the mono/custard program

Nov 2 19:46:07 LEs-MacBook-Pro.local mono[919] <Error>: kCGErrorInvalidConnection: CGSGetWindowTags: Invalid connection
Nov 2 19:46:07 LEs-MacBook-Pro.local mono[919] <Error>: kCGErrorFailure: Set a breakpoint @ CGErrorBreakpoint() to catch errors as they are logged.
Nov 2 19:46:22 LEs-MacBook-Pro.local mono[919] <Error>: kCGErrorInvalidConnection: CGSGetWindowTags: Invalid connection

I have provide some SS as well if that helps. Thanks again and sorry for the long post >_<
Screenshots
In the Arena
retired moderator
#83 Old 3rd Nov 2012 at 7:43 AM
If you give me links to these Sim3Pack files, I could test on my machine and verify if it is the files themselves or Custard not working right on Mono.
They're free stuff? And I'm always on the lookout for borked files to see what makes them "borked".
If not free, and you're willing to let me take a look anyway, you can PM me and we can arrange something. And, don't worry, I won't share them. I don't have anyplace to upload them to anyways; my Box account is reserved for my world fixes.

Also, please answer these:
- what patch version are you on?
- have you opened these Sims3Packs in Custard before the game was on this patch version? And did it work then, or failed, too?
- have you used Custard in previous patch versions, too? Or is this the first time?

Grant (maker of CC Magic) has a new tool to check for and fix bork Pattern Sims3Packs. I've no idea though if they would run under Mono, but you could give it a whirl? A negative outcome is still feedback.
Test Subject
#84 Old 3rd Nov 2012 at 3:12 PM
Hi!!

I'm not 100 percent sure what version my Sims3 is, it says that it has been updated and all however its says its updated to Version: 13.0.62.019001. (Pls see ss below because I'm really bad at explaining >_<)

Yeah I only download free items for now, I still don't fully understand how to use cc yet so don't want spend money on it. >_<

I provided a few example of items that I just downloaded today to test out again. I have provided links of some items that do appear and items that don't, maybe that might help as well.

These items don't appear in my folders when I try to open them in Custard.

http://anubis360.blogspot.com.au/20...or-teen-to.html (EA Textured)

http://blog.sina.com.cn/s/blog_63e832e00100kjpn.html (I downloaded from the 4Shared Link)

Plus most stuff from Simcredible
http://sims3.simcredibledesigns.com/

These download files did manage to appear in the folders when I tried to open them in Custard...

http://sclub.mktm.co.uk/2012/10/ts3-hair-n3/

http://simphonies.tumblr.com/post/9093840935/alix

http://blog.sina.com.cn/s/blog_63e832e0010181ic.html (DLed from the Upload link)

Also all of the patterns that I download from Simcredible seem to show up fine as well.

This is my first time using Custard so I haven't tried it with any other patch version or anything... :S

I will try out the new tool that you recommended see how that goes and if nothing is possible to get it working, do you think I could use a windows computer just to scan the files first for corruption and if they're all fine then I will xfer back to my laptop? Or could the files possibly not work if i transfer them from a Windows to a Mac?

Thanks for helping me through this!!!!! I've been trying to figure this out for 3 days now, I was soooo happy to see someone reply kehe >_< Thank you thank you!!!

If you give me links to these Sim3Pack files, I could test on my machine and verify if it is the files themselves or Custard not working right on Mono.
They're free stuff? And I'm always on the lookout for borked files to see what makes them "borked".
If not free, and you're willing to let me take a look anyway, you can PM me and we can arrange something. And, don't worry, I won't share them. I don't have anyplace to upload them to anyways; my Box account is reserved for my world fixes.

Also, please answer these:
- what patch version are you on?
- have you opened these Sims3Packs in Custard before the game was on this patch version? And did it work then, or failed, too?
- have you used Custard in previous patch versions, too? Or is this the first time?

Grant (maker of CC Magic) has a new tool to check for and fix bork Pattern Sims3Packs. I've no idea though if they would run under Mono, but you could give it a whirl? A negative outcome is still feedback.
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#85 Old 11th Nov 2012 at 3:13 AM Last edited by TammyLin Saphir : 11th Nov 2012 at 3:26 AM.
ellacharmed, your trick worked like a charm ! Thank you very much ! Now I can begin to work on my mod... EDIT: or not. I think I will try again when my pc computer will be repaired... I am blocked once again, too bad.

Thank you anyway for your patience and your help ! Mac is definitely not Sims-friendly (or is it the Sims that's not Mac-friendly? more plausible...)
Test Subject
#86 Old 2nd Dec 2012 at 1:18 PM
I'm using mono on my mac, S3PE is working fine but when I try to open S3OC it says:
Test Subject
#87 Old 8th Dec 2012 at 12:09 PM Last edited by ellacharmed : 4th Jan 2013 at 4:28 PM. Reason: added infobutton tags on error logs
Hey, I'm currently trying to run the S3OC Cloner through mono on my Mac OS X Lion 10.7.5
An at first it seemed pretty great, but then a teeny, tiny pop-up appeared from S3OC telling me about a patch to install, I clicked cancel (just because the pop-up also told me I could install later, in hindsight this was stupid) and now it won't run at all.

This is the error I recieve after i try running the program:

Test Subject
#88 Old 12th Dec 2012 at 4:55 PM Last edited by ellacharmed : 4th Jan 2013 at 3:58 PM. Reason: changed quote tags to infobutton spoiler tags
Hi. I'm trying to run S3PE version 12-0317-0944 on OS X 10.6.8 using mono. I've done it before a few months ago and it worked fine. Now, when I try to open it, I get an error and mono crashes:

I can open Dashboard and Custard just fine. I updated mono to its latest version, but it still crashes. I tried the latest test version of s3pe, and the one before that, but it still didn't work.

Sorry the post is so long! Please and thanks for your help
Instructor
#89 Old 19th Dec 2012 at 6:39 AM
Errr... I have a question, hope it hasn't been asked/answered before but couldn't find anything. As for now I'm sticking to a disk partition, mainly because I'm a fashion designer and not a programming expert and it all sounds verrrrry complicated. I made my partition 32 GB to be able to access my windows desktop but now I don't have enough space to install all the EPs on windows (I installed up to Showtime and Pets already gave a "not enough free space" message). Do I really need to have the full games installed or just some files the creating programs need to point to (FullBuild or whatever)? Or are there parts in the program files I can get rid of, since I don't actually play the game in windows? For creating I use mostly s3pe, S3OC and CAW.

"Deep down I'm pretty superficial"

In the Arena
retired moderator
#90 Old 4th Jan 2013 at 4:27 PM Last edited by ellacharmed : 4th Jan 2013 at 5:05 PM.
I know I'm late to the party, but if you need help, please, please, please supply the following information! I've added this to the first post.
Everybody, please state what version of the tools you have installed. No one can help if we don't have information!
What version of Mono?
What version of S3PE? S3OC? Dashboard? CUSTARD? Whatever tool you're needing help with, state the version!
What version of Virtualbox?
What version of Windows?

And for the game: What version of OSX do you have? What version of the base game patch?

@ooh_gucci, sorry I got caught up in some RL stuff. Plus, my HDDs need some housekeeping - no more space for the VirtualMachines. I'll slot this into the Todo list. Or budget for a new HDD...

@TammyLin Saphir, great that it help. Though bummer about the PC being on the fritz. The closed nature of Mac OSX has always meant it is great for users, but not so much when you need to do any Tech stuff.

@Pipvlll, @MoxyCrimefighter, what S3OC version?

@TheEmoticat, what is the error in Mono? In the Terminal window? When it worked fine, what version did you have? Is it the same, or did an update run?

Oh! Hang on!
@Pipvlll, @MoxyCrimefighter, @TheEmoticat, are you guys using s3pe/s3oc of the last non-.Net4-version? And you should all disable the program from auto-updating. There's no newer update for OSX users than that last non-.Net4-version. In order to get the game to recognize newer packs, you need to manipulate the GameFolders.xml as shown by Inge @simlogical.

Reminder:
Quote:
Tools that run (or should run) in mono:

TS3
s3pe
  • (pljones) – requires mono 2.6.1 or later; in 2.6.1/OS X 10.5.7 I need to run it with X11 or it's extremely sluggish; in 2.6.4/OS X 10.5.8 it seems to be working nicely with the Carbon driver (this was a QA version though, not the release)
  • (ella) [eta start]current .Net 4.x versions don't work, as Mono has limited support for .Net4.x ; use the last non-.net4 version[eta end]
s3oc
  • (pljones) – seems to work fine in mono 2.6.4/OS X 10.5.8 (as in run) but the file paths popup has issues. These can be circumvented by editing s3oc-ini.ttl manually, says Inge
  • (ella) [eta start]current .Net 4.x versions don't work, as Mono has limited support for .Net4.x ; use the last non-.net4 version. it is crash-ville though.[eta end]

@alexpilgrim, it is the biggest files that needs to be retain anyway (yes, the Gameplay/FullBuilds/DeltaBuilds/Thumbnails, depending on what sort of mods you're creating), so I doubt there's anyway to reduce the space. Removing the Help/Support and other files would be insignificant size-wise. Can't DiskUtil expand a Windows Bootcamp partition without destroying it totally to a blank slate? Or does that only work on OSX Journaled filesystems?
Test Subject
#91 Old 13th Jan 2013 at 5:03 PM Last edited by marmobee : 13th Jan 2013 at 11:19 PM.
Is anyone successfully running S3OC with mono? If so, what version are you using? s3pe, CTU, and Delphy's Dashboard run fine, but when I tried running s3oc_11-1113-1118 on my Mac (with Lion and the latest beta version of mono, 3.0.3), I got the following error:

Looks to be the same problem PipvIII is having.

I would really appreciate any suggestions!
Test Subject
#92 Old 17th Jan 2013 at 12:12 AM
I'm having an issue working with Mono on OS 10.5. I found a version that works, and I'm trying to use the most current version of Delphy's Dashboard. Here's the message I get when I try to run in Mono 2.8.6.5:

Anyone have an idea on how to get Mono and/or the Dashboard to work?
Test Subject
#93 Old 17th Jan 2013 at 5:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by redout9122
I'm having an issue working with Mono on OS 10.5. I found a version that works, and I'm trying to use the most current version of Delphy's Dashboard. Here's the message I get when I try to run in Mono 2.8.6.5:

Anyone have an idea on how to get Mono and/or the Dashboard to work?

Dashboard runs for me with Mono 3.0.6 in Lion. I'm not sure about your specific problem, but I was getting an error at first because I moved the .exe out of its folder. The .exe needs the other stuff in that folder to run, so make sure you don't move it out after you unzip. Hope this helps!
Test Subject
#94 Old 19th Jan 2013 at 1:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by marmobee
Dashboard runs for me with Mono 3.0.6 in Lion. I'm not sure about your specific problem, but I was getting an error at first because I moved the .exe out of its folder. The .exe needs the other stuff in that folder to run, so make sure you don't move it out after you unzip. Hope this helps!

I moved the .exe file and the .dlls into the same folder and had the same issue. Is it possible that I'm missing files? There's a bunch of “missing files” in the error log with the extension “.ctor” and I was wondering if maybe I need to figure out what those are to solve the problem.
In the Arena
retired moderator
#95 Old 19th Jan 2013 at 7:22 PM
@ooh_gucci,
I've had a chance to look into your issue, beyond that initial cursory glance I did back then. And I apologize for missing the most fundamental thing on OSX, from the images you posted! The issues you had with CUSTARD not seeing some Sims3Packs is because OSX is case-sensitive. All those files that CUSTARD does not recognize has ".sims3pack" as the extension in their filenames. Whereas the ones CUSTARD is able to recognize have ".Sims3Pack". Rename the files with UpperCase "S" and "P" and you should be good to go. Again, I apologize for the delay in this response and looking into it.

@redout9122,
I look into the X11 requirements, and it may be that you're using a version that is too "new" for a Leopard 10.5 system. What exact version of Leopard do you have by the way? If I'm not mistaken and not got my numbers crossed, Leopard users can only use up to version 2.6.3 of X11.
But you may encounter the issue that the .NET programs written after that Mono and X11 versions, as the programs may be too "new", with components of .NET that those older versions of X11 have no support for when the X11 program was written at that time.

I've clarified this section of the post#1 based on your difficulties.
Quote:
Installing mono is very simple (download, mount, click through the wizard). You need to have X11 installed beforehand. Go here if you want the most current release.
  • Tiger 10.4.x users could get it from their 10.4 install DVD (but should probably upgrade your OSX instead).
  • Leopard 10.5.x users should have it already (/Applications/Utilities/X11), last supported version for Leopard 10.5.8 is X11 ver 2.6.3
  • Snow Leopard 10.6.x machines already have X11 built-in, so there's no additional steps. You'd need version 2.5.0 and higher if you want to update.
  • Lion 10.7.x machines already have X11 built-in, so there's no additional steps. You'd need version X11 ver 2.7.0 and higher.
  • Mountain Lion 10.8.x machines do not have this by default as per this article, you need version 2.7.2 and higher.

Quote: Originally posted by marmobee
Is anyone successfully running S3OC with mono? If so, what version are you using?

As with regards to this question, @marmobee, I'm still looking into it. You're right that both the latest stable Mono 2.10.10 version and Beta 3.0.3 can no longer open the last non.NET s3oc_11-1113-1118.
I can no longer remember, and I cannot find the installer files to confirm, but the last time I could open S3OC without crashing right away may have been on Snow Leopard 10.6.8 with Mono 2.10.6 or 2.10.8. But even then, it was crashing a lot!

I've managed to Build the last S3OC QA 13-0105-1939 without errors in MonoDevelop under Mountain Lion 10.8.2 with Mono 3.0.3. But it still refuses to run. That tells me the code is compatible, but there's just something on the S3OC UserInterface that OSX cannot render properly. I get Graphics and ToolStrip references in the error code. When I have more time to dig into this, I have to ask Peter to take a look at the error to see if he understands the error log better than I do.
Test Subject
#96 Old 13th Feb 2013 at 9:37 PM
Oh! Hang on!
@Pipvlll, @MoxyCrimefighter, @TheEmoticat, are you guys using s3pe/s3oc of the last non-.Net4-version? And you should all disable the program from auto-updating. There's no newer update for OSX users than that last non-.Net4-version. In order to get the game to recognize newer packs, you need to manipulate the GameFolders.xml as shown by Inge @simlogical.

It worked! Thank you!
Test Subject
#97 Old 23rd Feb 2013 at 2:40 PM
It won't work for me even he last non-.Net4 version won't work. S3PE is working fine for me, but S3OC not

It says the following...

Feb 23 15:38:22 iMac-van-IS-van-Uchelen-3.local mono[4312] <Error>: kCGErrorCannotComplete: CGSDeviceGetGeometry: Invalid device window
Feb 23 15:38:22 iMac-van-IS-van-Uchelen-3.local mono[4312] <Error>: kCGErrorFailure: Set a breakpoint @ CGErrorBreakpoint() to catch errors as they are logged.
Feb 23 15:38:22 iMac-van-IS-van-Uchelen-3.local mono[4312] <Error>: kCGErrorCannotComplete: CGSDeviceSynchronize: Invalid device window
Feb 23 15:38:23 iMac-van-IS-van-Uchelen-3.local mono[4312] <Error>: kCGErrorCannotComplete: CGSDeviceGetGeometry: Invalid device window
Feb 23 15:38:23 iMac-van-IS-van-Uchelen-3.local mono[4312] <Error>: kCGErrorCannotComplete: CGSDeviceSynchronize: Invalid device window
Feb 23 15:38:23 iMac-van-IS-van-Uchelen-3.local mono[4312] <Error>: kCGErrorCannotComplete: CGSDeviceGetGeometry: Invalid device window
Feb 23 15:38:23 iMac-van-IS-van-Uchelen-3.local mono[4312] <Error>: kCGErrorCannotComplete: CGSDeviceSynchronize: Invalid device window
System.ArgumentException: A null reference or invalid value was found [GDI+ status: InvalidParameter]
at System.Drawing.GDIPlus.CheckStatus (Status status) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Drawing.Drawing2D.LinearGradientBrush..ctor (Rectangle rect, Color color1, Color color2, LinearGradientMode linearGradientMode) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.Drawing.Drawing2D.LinearGradientBrush:.ctor (System.Drawing.Rectangle,System.Drawing.Color,System.Drawing.Color,System.Drawing.Drawing2D.LinearGradientMode)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripProfessionalRenderer.OnRenderToolStripPanelBackground (System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripPanelRenderEventArgs e) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripRenderer.DrawToolStripPanelBackground (System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripPanelRenderEventArgs e) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripPanel.OnPaintBackground (System.Windows.Forms.PaintEventArgs e) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmPaint (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Windows.Forms.Control+ControlWindowTarget.OnMessage (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Windows.Forms.Control+ControlNativeWindow.WndProc (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.WndProc (IntPtr hWnd, Msg msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Unhandled Exception:
System.ArgumentException: A null reference or invalid value was found [GDI+ status: InvalidParameter]
at System.Drawing.GDIPlus.CheckStatus (Status status) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Drawing.Graphics.GdipMeasureString (IntPtr graphics, System.String text, System.Drawing.Font font, System.Drawing.RectangleF& layoutRect, IntPtr stringFormat) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Drawing.Graphics.MeasureString (System.String text, System.Drawing.Font font, Int32 width, System.Drawing.StringFormat format) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.Drawing.Graphics:MeasureString (string,System.Drawing.Font,int,System.Drawing.StringFormat)
at System.Windows.Forms.TextRenderer.MeasureTextInternal (IDeviceContext dc, System.String text, System.Drawing.Font font, Size proposedSize, TextFormatFlags flags, Boolean useMeasureString) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Windows.Forms.TextRenderer.MeasureText (System.String text, System.Drawing.Font font) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.CalculatePreferredSize (Size constrainingSize) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.GetPreferredSize (Size constrainingSize) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDownMenu.OnLayout (System.Windows.Forms.LayoutEventArgs e) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.PerformLayout (System.Windows.Forms.Control affectedControl, System.String affectedProperty) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.PerformLayout () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.Windows.Forms.Control:PerformLayout ()
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.OnParentChanged (System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip oldParent, System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip newParent) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.set_Parent (System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem:set_Parent (System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItemCollection.Remove (System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.Dispose (Boolean disposing) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDownItem.Dispose (Boolean disposing) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.Dispose (Boolean disposing) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.ComponentModel.Component.Finalize () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Test Subject
#98 Old 23rd Feb 2013 at 11:37 PM Last edited by Ingridtk : 23rd Feb 2013 at 11:50 PM.
Hi, I am having problems getting S3OC to run as well. I have installed the versions recommended on the front page, but it still isn't working for me. Here are my specs:

-OSX Mountain Lion 10.8.2
-Mono 2.10.10
-S3pe 1-1216-1651 (working fine)
-S3oc 11-1113-1118 (when I open, I get two pop-up messages asking if I want to allow updates [I selected 'no' to the first then 'ok' to the second] then the program promptly crashes before I can open it properly)

Here is the error info from terminal:
Test Subject
#99 Old 9th Mar 2013 at 3:52 AM
Default Mono sourcecode--not dmg?
I ran Dashboard & CUSTARD on Mono before and it worked perfectly (this was several months ago), but now it doesn't work and I really can't figure out why. What comes out is 'cannot execute binary file'. I did not drag any of the files outside of the folder; I just dragged the extracted folder (complete with all four files inside) to my desktop for easy access. I tried downloading the latest version of Dashboard, CUSTARD and MonoDevelop–but instead of a .dmg from Mono, I get a whole bunch of files with nothing to mount. What do I do?

I work on a MacBook Pro OSX Mountain Lion 10.8.2, 2.7 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 of RAM. All help is greatly appreciated!
Test Subject
#100 Old 17th Mar 2013 at 3:29 AM Last edited by ellacharmed : 1st Apr 2013 at 12:02 PM.
Default Sims 3 CC corrupted files on MAC OS X
[edited, unnecessary quote removed]
~ella

Hello everyone,

I am having trouble understanding what to do for my situation. I am computer illiterate when it comes to technology. I have a MAC OS X (version 10.6.8) and I want to learn how to detect corrupted CC files in my Sims 3 game. I am constantly downloading CC for Sims and for the past three days I have been struggling to figure out what is causing this issue. Could you please help me out. Below this message I listed as much I can (to my knowledge) about my computer and the Sims 3 game I have. Thank you so much.

Computer: MAC OS X 10.6.8
Custard: No Custard downloaded
Currently installed: NRASS Mastercontroller (1.50 update)
Issue: Sims 3 CC corrupted files shuts down game
+ Not sure which CC content shuts down game
Base game patch: 1.50
Page 4 of 6