Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#101 Old 24th Mar 2013 at 3:16 PM
@ IndianQueen, The Dashboard tool works great for corrupt & duplicate CC: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=387006
You can get it to run using X11+mono (+ terminal).
Advertisement
Test Subject
#102 Old 27th Mar 2013 at 3:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ellacharmed
I've managed to Build the last S3OC QA 13-0105-1939 without errors in MonoDevelop under Mountain Lion 10.8.2 with Mono 3.0.3. But it still refuses to run. That tells me the code is compatible, but there's just something on the S3OC UserInterface that OSX cannot render properly. I get Graphics and ToolStrip references in the error code. When I have more time to dig into this, I have to ask Peter to take a look at the error to see if he understands the error log better than I do.

Hi ella, just wondering has any more progress been made with getting S3OC to run in Mountain Lion?
Test Subject
#103 Old 31st Mar 2013 at 12:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ingridtk
@ IndianQueen, The Dashboard tool works great for corrupt & duplicate CC: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=387006
You can get it to run using X11+mono (+ terminal).

Thank you! I really appreciate your help. As I was going through the steps I got this message in my terminal:

unknownd49a20dd2174:~ rythmn2beat$ x11+mono(+terminal) /Users/rythmn2beat/Desktop/Sims3Dashboard.exe
-bash: syntax error near unexpected token `+terminal'
unknownd49a20dd2174:~ rythmn2beat$

What did I do wrong?
Test Subject
#104 Old 31st Mar 2013 at 12:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by IndianQueen
Thank you! I really appreciate your help. As I was going through the steps I got this message in my terminal:

unknownd49a20dd2174:~ rythmn2beat$ x11+mono(+terminal) /Users/rythmn2beat/Desktop/Sims3Dashboard.exe
-bash: syntax error near unexpected token `+terminal'
unknownd49a20dd2174:~ rythmn2beat$

What did I do wrong?

Hmm, I'm a bit confused by that error message (I'm not very technical myself) but this is what you do to get a program to run in terminal:

1. Open terminal, type "mono" [then space once]
2. Open a new finder window find where the .exe is located and literally drag n' drop it into terminal, and this will automatically generate a file path.
3. press return/enter.
4. the program should open.
Test Subject
#105 Old 31st Mar 2013 at 1:36 AM
Hmm, I'm a bit confused by that error message (I'm not very technical myself) but this is what you do to get a program to run in terminal:

1. Open terminal, type "mono" [then space once]
2. Open a new finder window find where the .exe is located and literally drag n' drop it into terminal, and this will automatically generate a file path.
3. press return/enter.
4. the program should open.

Yikes! It didn't work. I'm not sure what step I'm missing. I'm going to reinstall everything I downloaded from Delphy. Is there something else I am suppose to download that wasn't mentioned on Delphy's page besides the .Net 2.0 and Custard? I really appreciate your help Ingridtk
Test Subject
#106 Old 31st Mar 2013 at 2:13 AM
Yikes! It didn't work. I'm not sure what step I'm missing. I'm going to reinstall everything I downloaded from Delphy. Is there something else I am suppose to download that wasn't mentioned on Delphy's page besides the .Net 2.0 and Custard? I really appreciate your help Ingridtk

No probs, All the info on getting programs to run in mono is described under #5 "Cross-Platform solutions" on the front page.

There is also this handy blog post which describes step-by-step how to get dashboard running on a mac (and other stuff):
http://arisily.livejournal.com/17175.html
Test Subject
#107 Old 31st Mar 2013 at 3:03 AM
Thanks! I have never been so frustrated in my life!
Test Subject
#108 Old 1st Apr 2013 at 12:53 AM
Is there a new Resource.cfg file online for Sims 3 CC? My MAC crashed as I was playing Sims and MAC informed me that the Resource file I have is corrupted. How is that?

Process: cider [1237]
Path: /Applications/The Sims 3.localized/The Sims3.app/Contents/Resources/AddOns/The Sims 3 University Life.app/Contents/MacOS/cider
Identifier: com.transgaming.thesims3ep09
Version: 1.0. (1.0)
Code Type: X86 (Native)
Parent Process: ??? [1]

Date/Time: 2013-03-31 16:43:42.398 -0700
OS Version: Mac OS X 10.6.8 (10K549)
Report Version: 6

Interval Since Last Report: 280594 sec
Crashes Since Last Report: 2
Per-App Interval Since Last Report: 143995 sec
Per-App Crashes Since Last Report: 2
Anonymous UUID: E2718C76-2F7B-4AB5-B926-078EE8F8B9A0

Exception Type: EXC_CRASH (SIGILL)
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000
In the Arena
retired moderator
#109 Old 1st Apr 2013 at 12:16 PM
I want to learn how to detect corrupted CC files in my Sims 3 game.
You don't need any tools to do this. The manual way works fine, and in most cases would have been faster and easier to do than trying to figure out Tools out of your expertise/comfort level. Game Help:TS3 Finding Problem Custom Contentwiki

Hi ella, just wondering has any more progress been made with getting S3OC to run in Mountain Lion?
Nope. Just got my system back up when I got my GPU returned yesterday. And still battling HDD space issues - well, the fact that I've run out, mainly.
The issue is, it is not going to be easy to port it over as the code is not natively written to support cross-platform compatibility, as Peter never aimed for it to be such. It was just mainly to test out the s3pi library, which then grew.

Is there a new Resource.cfg file online for Sims 3 CC? My MAC crashed as I was playing Sims and MAC informed me that the Resource file I have is corrupted. How is that?
No new Resource.cfg version; the one in the Install Package Wiki page still applies. You first need to determine if the crash is due to the User folder contents or the game folder contents by doing the holy grail FAQs of all FAQs when it comes to Sims - Game Help:Sims 3 Game Problemwiki - ie remove stuff from or the Sims 3 User folder itself. That would help determine if the crash is due to the User folder contents or the game folder contents, and/or patch 1.50.

And the bold parts that I quoted - how exactly did the MAC accomplish that? What is the error message, and in what context did the system inform you of this? ie what were you doing at the time? Loading the game (initial screen with green loading bar), loading a Save game/loading a chosen world, already playing, in Live mode, in CAS, in Buy/Build mode, in Edit Town, etc etc?

As you can see, troubleshooting for your issue is outside the scope of using Tools listed here, so may I suggest you create your own Help thread?
Test Subject
#110 Old 2nd Apr 2013 at 10:19 AM
You don't need any tools to do this. The manual way works fine, and in most cases would have been faster and easier to do than trying to figure out Tools out of your expertise/comfort level. Game Help:TS3 Finding Problem Custom Contentwiki

Nope. Just got my system back up when I got my GPU returned yesterday. And still battling HDD space issues - well, the fact that I've run out, mainly.
The issue is, it is not going to be easy to port it over as the code is not natively written to support cross-platform compatibility, as Peter never aimed for it to be such. It was just mainly to test out the s3pi library, which then grew.

No new Resource.cfg version; the one in the Install Package Wiki page still applies. You first need to determine if the crash is due to the User folder contents or the game folder contents by doing the holy grail FAQs of all FAQs when it comes to Sims - Game Help:Sims 3 Game Problemwiki - ie remove stuff from or the Sims 3 User folder itself. That would help determine if the crash is due to the User folder contents or the game folder contents, and/or patch 1.50.

And the bold parts that I quoted - how exactly did the MAC accomplish that? What is the error message, and in what context did the system inform you of this? ie what were you doing at the time? Loading the game (initial screen with green loading bar), loading a Save game/loading a chosen world, already playing, in Live mode, in CAS, in Buy/Build mode, in Edit Town, etc etc?

As you can see, troubleshooting for your issue is outside the scope of using Tools listed here, so may I suggest you create your own Help thread?

Hey! Thank you for the help. My game crashes because of my CC, but I don't know which files are corrupted. I have over 100 items in my Mods and Download folders. When MAC shuts my game down a report on the crash appears and states, "EA/ The Sims 3/ MODS/ Resource." I thought it was my resource file that was outdated.
Test Subject
#111 Old 16th Jun 2013 at 12:16 AM
Ok i am a little late to the party but hopefully i can get pointed in the right direction. I was planning on using Mono with my per-installed X11. yea not really working for me. i did the whole type mono into terminal and then drag and drop dashboard, and i first got file not found of not applicable... something like that. i was reading on the thread that you might have to tell mono to use X11? no clue on how to go about that.
Thank in advance
In the Arena
retired moderator
#112 Old 30th Jun 2013 at 6:50 PM
Can you show an image of what the error actually says? Is the Dashboard.exe already extracted?

Also, what version of Mono?
Test Subject
#113 Old 1st Jul 2013 at 4:03 PM
hi.. after reading this forum i still need help. sorry if the answer i am looking for is already in the posts but im not familiar with the tech savy lingo. i need help using S3PE on mono.

CURRENT VERSION OF MONO: 2.10.11
VERSION OF S3PE: s3pe_10-1031-1514 (i used the .7z one & not the easy install)
The mac i have is running on 10.8.4 OSX
I have xquartz 2.7.4

when i open terminal -> type mono -> drag the .exe to mono i get this error (see attachment)
Screenshots
In the Arena
retired moderator
#114 Old 1st Jul 2013 at 5:28 PM
The s3pe.exe and associated files are already extracted? May I suggest a simpler folder name, one that has no spaces? So we can determine if the long name, unrecognized characters, and path are NOT contributing factors...

Also, what made you choose that S3PE version? I linked the recommended version in the first post.
Quote:
(ella) [eta start]current .Net 4.x versions don't work, as Mono has limited support for .Net4.x ; use the last non-.net4 version ie: s3pe_11-1216-1651[eta end]
Test Subject
#115 Old 1st Jul 2013 at 5:55 PM
The s3pe.exe and associated files are already extracted? May I suggest a simpler folder name, one that has no spaces? So we can determine if the long name, unrecognized characters, and path are NOT contributing factors...

Also, what made you choose that S3PE version? I linked the recommended version in the first post.

yes i extracted it. i downloaded that version because i was not sure if i should download the last non .net 4 version or an older one...
i changed the folder name to MTS & downloaded S3PE version on the first post, extracted it & blah here is the new error

*EDIT: to make sure it wasnt the path i also moved the MTS folder out of my downloads onto my desktop & still no luck.

Last login: Mon Jul 1 10:56:48 on ttys000
Kianas-MacBook-Pro:~ kianabrown$ mono /Users/kianabrown/Downloads/MTS/s3pe.exe
Missing method .ctor in assembly /Users/kianabrown/Downloads/MTS/s3pi.CustomForms.dll, type System.ArgumentLengthException

Unhandled Exception:
System.TypeInitializationException: An exception was thrown by the type initializer for AutoUpdate.Checker ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Custom, Version=1112.3.1951.35756, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies.
File name: 'System.Custom, Version=1112.3.1951.35756, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'
at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.Windows.Forms.CopyableMessageBoxInternal:.ctor (string,string,System.Windows.Forms.CopyableMessageBoxIcon,System.Collections.Generic.IList`1<string>,int,int)
at System.Windows.Forms.CopyableMessageBox.Show (IWin32Window owner, System.String message, System.String caption, CopyableMessageBoxIcon icon, IList`1 buttons, Int32 defBtn, Int32 cncBtn) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Windows.Forms.CopyableMessageBox.Show (System.String message, System.String caption, CopyableMessageBoxIcon icon, IList`1 buttons, Int32 defBtn, Int32 cncBtn) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Windows.Forms.CopyableMessageBox.Show (System.String message, System.String caption, CopyableMessageBoxButtons buttons, CopyableMessageBoxIcon icon, Int32 defBtn, Int32 cncBtn) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at AutoUpdate.Checker..cctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at S3PIDemoFE.Program.Main (System.String[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
[ERROR] FATAL UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: System.TypeInitializationException: An exception was thrown by the type initializer for AutoUpdate.Checker ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Custom, Version=1112.3.1951.35756, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies.
File name: 'System.Custom, Version=1112.3.1951.35756, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'
at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.Windows.Forms.CopyableMessageBoxInternal:.ctor (string,string,System.Windows.Forms.CopyableMessageBoxIcon,System.Collections.Generic.IList`1<string>,int,int)
at System.Windows.Forms.CopyableMessageBox.Show (IWin32Window owner, System.String message, System.String caption, CopyableMessageBoxIcon icon, IList`1 buttons, Int32 defBtn, Int32 cncBtn) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Windows.Forms.CopyableMessageBox.Show (System.String message, System.String caption, CopyableMessageBoxIcon icon, IList`1 buttons, Int32 defBtn, Int32 cncBtn) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Windows.Forms.CopyableMessageBox.Show (System.String message, System.String caption, CopyableMessageBoxButtons buttons, CopyableMessageBoxIcon icon, Int32 defBtn, Int32 cncBtn) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at AutoUpdate.Checker..cctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at S3PIDemoFE.Program.Main (System.String[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Kianas-MacBook-Pro:~ kianabrown$
In the Arena
retired moderator
#116 Old 2nd Jul 2013 at 3:42 AM
Can you take a screenshot of the s3pe /Users/kianabrown/Downloads/MTS/ folder showing all the contents?
Test Subject
#117 Old 2nd Jul 2013 at 2:43 PM
Can you take a screenshot of the s3pe /Users/kianabrown/Downloads/MTS/ folder showing all the contents?

here you go
Screenshots
In the Arena
retired moderator
#118 Old 2nd Jul 2013 at 3:09 PM Last edited by ellacharmed : 3rd Jul 2013 at 4:56 AM. Reason: typo
What do you use as an un-Archiver tool?
Apart from that, I'm all out of ideas, sorry.

Your images show the same file sizes and timestamp, so I don't (eta) know what else to check for.

Oh, are you able to run Dashboard?
Screenshots
Test Subject
#119 Old 2nd Jul 2013 at 4:52 PM Last edited by mswestx33 : 2nd Jul 2013 at 9:26 PM.
What do you use as an un-Archiver tool?
Apart from that, I'm all out of ideas, sorry.

Your images show the same file sizes and timestamp, so I don't what else to check for.

Oh, are you able to run Dashboard?

i use StuffIt Expander. I can run dashboard & custard. but at least we gave it a try. thank you for your help! stay awesome.
In the Arena
retired moderator
#120 Old 3rd Jul 2013 at 5:00 AM
I took another look at the error messages. They are different, yes? Which I noticed on the first perusal, but I forgot to mention it. (I have to stop multitasking with too many screens!)

The second one has "AutoUpdate.Checker". I forgot to mention that on OSX, the AutoUpdate prompt has to be disabled. Answer No on that first image up there. I intended to bring that up, that is why I had the screenshot (duh, ella! ). But I'm unsure if after we do away with that cause, if you might then get the first error back. But doesn't hurt to try...good luck!
Test Subject
#121 Old 3rd Jul 2013 at 3:40 PM
im assuming you got the update message seen in the 2nd screen shot after you successfully opened S3PE with mono? D: i dont think i would be able to even get to that step. ill just use a friends pc.
Test Subject
#122 Old 21st Jul 2013 at 10:25 PM
I'm trying to get going and I need some help, if you guys are up for it.

I'm running Snow Leopard 10.6.8
I've got CTU and SimGeomEditor running successfully in both mono 2.6.4 and wine 1.6-5rc with 2.0 NET framework installed, so I'm good there.

But S3OC (version 10-1031-1514) won't work with wine; it greets me with "s3oc has encountered a problem and needs to close." And as far as opening it with mono, I can't find Inge's instructions to edit my GameFolders.xml file, but otherwise it seems to *want* to run in mono. For whatever reason, I'd love to get it running in wine, but if anyone can help me get it running at all I'll be happy and grateful.

Here's the entire report wine gives me when it bombs out on s3oc, but it makes zero sense to me:

Hope you all are well and enjoying the summer (or winter if you're south of the equator)!
In the Arena
retired moderator
#123 Old 7th Sep 2013 at 3:45 AM
In case you're still looking for help on this, @fractal_bat...
Quote:
00000008 (D) Z:\Users\myname\Downloads\s3oc_10-1031-1514.7z Folder\s3oc.exe

Are ALL the files extracted into the same folder?

Why that version, though? Tried other versions; have you tried the version I stated in the first post? Same result?

I guess I'm confused, why use both Mono and Wine? Isn't one sufficient? They are both emulators of sorts...
Test Subject
#124 Old 30th Dec 2013 at 6:12 PM Last edited by ladysilver814 : 30th Dec 2013 at 6:13 PM. Reason: Discovered duplicate lines.
OK, I'm glad to see this thread is still (vaguely) active. I just discovered Mods (like 3 days ago) and have the itch to try and make my own. I googled around like crazy and finally found this thread which has been helpful in getting me to this point, but I'm still stuck.

Specs: I'm on a MacBook pro 10.7.5 running MonoFramework-MRE-3.2.4 and I grabbed s3pe_11-1216-165. (Not sure this is really relevant to my problem but I'll put it in here just in case; I'm running the most recent Sims 3 patch 1.63.)

Now it took me a while to get to the point where I could get anything working and I was able to get the Sims3 Dashboard to work using mono, but when I tried to get S3PE to run I would get error messages in the terminal. My first error message (which looked exactly like mswestx33's above) I got past by re-downloading S3PE and getting rid of the old folder (when in doubt start over) but now I'm getting new error message that prevents S3PE from starting up.

ladysilver814s-MacBook-Pro:s3pe_13-1112-2033.7z Folder ladysilver814$ mono s3pe.exe
Cannot load type 'System.Configuration.PortableSettingsProvider, System.Custom, Version=1311.12.2028.36867, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'

Unhandled Exception:
System.TypeInitializationException: An exception was thrown by the type initializer for S3PIDemoFE.Properties.Settings ---> System.ArgumentNullException: Argument cannot be null.
Parameter name: providerType
at System.Configuration.SettingsProviderAttribute..ctor (System.Type providerType) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.MonoCustomAttrs:GetCustomAttributesInternal (System.Reflection.ICustomAttributeProvider,System.Type,bool)
at System.MonoCustomAttrs.GetCustomAttributesBase (ICustomAttributeProvider obj, System.Type attributeType, Boolean inheritedOnly) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.MonoCustomAttrs.GetCustomAttributes (ICustomAttributeProvider obj, Boolean inherit) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Reflection.MonoProperty.GetCustomAttributes (Boolean inherit) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Configuration.ApplicationSettingsBase.CreateSettingsProperty (System.Reflection.PropertyInfo prop, System.Configuration.SettingsPropertyCollection properties, System.Configuration.SettingsProvider& local_provider) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Configuration.ApplicationSettingsBase.get_Properties () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Configuration.ApplicationSettingsBase..ctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at S3PIDemoFE.Properties.Settings..ctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at S3PIDemoFE.Properties.Settings..cctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at S3PIDemoFE.Program.Settings () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
[ERROR] FATAL UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: System.TypeInitializationException: An exception was thrown by the type initializer for S3PIDemoFE.Properties.Settings ---> System.ArgumentNullException: Argument cannot be null.
Parameter name: providerType
at System.Configuration.SettingsProviderAttribute..ctor (System.Type providerType) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.MonoCustomAttrs:GetCustomAttributesInternal (System.Reflection.ICustomAttributeProvider,System.Type,bool)
at System.MonoCustomAttrs.GetCustomAttributesBase (ICustomAttributeProvider obj, System.Type attributeType, Boolean inheritedOnly) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.MonoCustomAttrs.GetCustomAttributes (ICustomAttributeProvider obj, Boolean inherit) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Reflection.MonoProperty.GetCustomAttributes (Boolean inherit) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Configuration.ApplicationSettingsBase.CreateSettingsProperty (System.Reflection.PropertyInfo prop, System.Configuration.SettingsPropertyCollection properties, System.Configuration.SettingsProvider& local_provider) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Configuration.ApplicationSettingsBase.get_Properties () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Configuration.ApplicationSettingsBase..ctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at S3PIDemoFE.Properties.Settings..ctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at S3PIDemoFE.Properties.Settings..cctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at S3PIDemoFE.Program.Settings () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Now I have an extremely limited understanding of the terminal so this error message is leaving me in the dark. Any help to get this running would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.
In the Arena
retired moderator
#125 Old 2nd Jan 2014 at 2:04 PM
Quote:
ladysilver814s-MacBook-Pro:s3pe_13-1112-2033.7z Folder ladysilver814$ mono s3pe.exe
This is with the s3pe_11-1216-1651 version? You did mention starting over with a new folder, but then I see the parts that I bold. Is that just a folder name, but the contents are from the 1651 version? Can you try again after removing the ".7z" in the folder name? OSX has weird stuff regarding cases and extensions.
And the zipped contents are all extracted, right?

You got pass the Updater dialog box? So this exception is thrown right after that, after clicking NO? On the first image from post#118. If not then, please let me know what you were doing when it throws this exception.
The exception code are all pointing to "Properties.Settings" or a variation of the Properties and Application settings and that "Argument cannot be null". I don't know if that refers to not being able to locate the game. Can the game run? No issues there?
Page 5 of 6