Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Jul 2015 at 2:06 AM
Default Packaging lots and pesky portals
I'd like to preface this with saying as I'm not a big forum person, I have no idea where exactly to post this query but I felt the building category was best.

I build quite a bit, and I package and save lots often. I've noticed that many lots I save (and some I download) have portals in their CC list, marked as red hacks by the Clean Installer. Normally I brush it off, since portals are maxis objects after all, but I've been particularly paranoid about hood corruption after realizing I've been unknowingly corrupting hoods for years (thanks to EAxis for making such an easy to break game), and it left me wondering if it's safe to leave these portals in the lots when I install them/send them out, or if I should delete them. Or, worse, if I delete them will it corrupt the package and remove those portals entirely from the lot?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 4th Nov 2015 at 6:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AlexxFury
I'd like to preface this with saying as I'm not a big forum person, I have no idea where exactly to post this query but I felt the building category was best.

I build quite a bit, and I package and save lots often. I've noticed that many lots I save (and some I download) have portals in their CC list, marked as red hacks by the Clean Installer. Normally I brush it off, since portals are maxis objects after all, but I've been particularly paranoid about hood corruption after realizing I've been unknowingly corrupting hoods for years (thanks to EAxis for making such an easy to break game), and it left me wondering if it's safe to leave these portals in the lots when I install them/send them out, or if I should delete them. Or, worse, if I delete them will it corrupt the package and remove those portals entirely from the lot?

Bump! I'm also wondering the same. I've got two portal files marked in red on a recent file I've put through the clean installer.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 4th Nov 2015 at 7:23 AM
What exactly does Clean Installer say? I find it rather odd that you have this happen often. Generally people don't touch the portals nor have to add buyable portals to a lot. There use to be an old portal hack back on the exchange. If you have that in your game I would get rid of it. That hack will package with lots, I got it myself from the exchange and had a horrible time removing it many years ago.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~