Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Jun 2013 at 4:44 AM
Help with how to customize things
As i'm new to Sims, and more specifically Sims Medieval, I'm not too familiar with how to edit certain things. I notice in many pictures and in some of the throne rooms that there are many versions of objects that have been recolored, something that I have no idea how to do. Also, I noticed some other basic things people have done such as raise and lower objects, another thing that I am unaware of how to do. I have searched and found very little on these small details, and I was wondering if anybody could help me on the basics of editing your rooms. Any and all help is appreciated. Many thanks.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 17th Jun 2013 at 8:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Pariah
As i'm new to Sims, and more specifically Sims Medieval, I'm not too familiar with how to edit certain things. I notice in many pictures and in some of the throne rooms that there are many versions of objects that have been recolored, something that I have no idea how to do. Also, I noticed some other basic things people have done such as raise and lower objects, another thing that I am unaware of how to do. I have searched and found very little on these small details, and I was wondering if anybody could help me on the basics of editing your rooms. Any and all help is appreciated. Many thanks.

For recoloring, when you're in buy mode, look to the left, there is a little paint palette symbol, if you click on that and then click on the item you want to recolor and/or re-texture, everything you need is in the box that will pop up.
When using that function, look to the top left of your screen and there is a box up there with the other catalog versions of the item you're customizing. Clicking the little folder icon on that box will allow you to save your re-texture/re-color into the catalog to save you time in the future if you're likely to use it again.
There's a few useful tools down the left hand side in buy mode, paint palette is just one of them.

As for moving things on walls...
while holding your painting, mirror etc press # to move it up and / to move it down.
I remember a while back we discovered that the keys are different for some people, but we don't know why. Darth Kitsune uses ' instead of # to move things up.
< and > will allow you to turn things a 1/4 turn each click, which can be easier sometimes than trying to pull it round to face the direction you want.