Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
#426 Old 6th Dec 2014 at 7:59 PM
Any time!

Visit MissyHissy's Job Centre and MissyHissy's Job Centre Forum for additional career help.
Visit MissyHissy's Irish Dance Studio
The Daily Plumbob, a Sims 4 Gameplay blog
Advertisement
Instructor
#427 Old 7th Dec 2014 at 6:24 PM
Hey guys! I set out to create a Paranormal Investigation career the other day, but I can't seem to get it to show up in game. I don't have Error Trap installed, isn't it a core mod? Anyway, I can't check whats wrong with it using that method. I suspect, though, that it has something to do with my strings. Hopefully the attachment actually works. I'd really appreciate if someone could go over it and point out any typos or anything that's out of order. Thanks in advance!
Attached files:
File Type: zip  ParanormalInvestigatorCareer.zip (12.6 KB, 9 downloads) - View custom content
Description: career .package file
Scholar
#428 Old 7th Dec 2014 at 8:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TheRedRaven
Hey guys! I set out to create a Paranormal Investigation career the other day, but I can't seem to get it to show up in game. I don't have Error Trap installed, isn't it a core mod? Anyway, I can't check whats wrong with it using that method. I suspect, though, that it has something to do with my strings. Hopefully the attachment actually works. I'd really appreciate if someone could go over it and point out any typos or anything that's out of order. Thanks in advance!

Have you had any script errors generated?

Visit MissyHissy's Job Centre and MissyHissy's Job Centre Forum for additional career help.
Instructor
#429 Old 7th Dec 2014 at 9:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by missyhissy
Have you had any script errors generated?

Nope, nothing. The game just acts as though it isn't there at all.
Scholar
#430 Old 8th Dec 2014 at 2:25 PM
Nope, nothing. The game just acts as though it isn't there at all.

I noticed the Tones file still has the BLANKS in place. Is that deliberate, or had you forgotten to add them in? If it's deliberate, it might be worth adding a tone to see if it makes a difference.
I know it sounds silly, but have you made sure you have the latest version of Twallan's Careers mod installed?

Instructor
#431 Old 8th Dec 2014 at 11:49 PM
I noticed the Tones file still has the BLANKS in place. Is that deliberate, or had you forgotten to add them in? If it's deliberate, it might be worth adding a tone to see if it makes a difference.
I know it sounds silly, but have you made sure you have the latest version of Twallan's Careers mod installed?

Ah, I must have overlooked the second part of the Tones file, it showed up after fixing that. But I have another problem, if you don't mind. My RabbitHole is set as the Science Lab, so I went into an empty town and plopped the Area 52 Test Labs from Lucky Palms, but the career didn't show. After this, I went into Moonlight Falls and checked in the Bloom Institute of Wellness there and it showed up fine. I did get a couple script errors in Moonlight Falls, but it didn't mention the career anywhere, it seemed to have to do with a Sim in my family.
Scholar
#432 Old 9th Dec 2014 at 11:03 AM
Ah, I must have overlooked the second part of the Tones file, it showed up after fixing that. But I have another problem, if you don't mind. My RabbitHole is set as the Science Lab, so I went into an empty town and plopped the Area 52 Test Labs from Lucky Palms, but the career didn't show. After this, I went into Moonlight Falls and checked in the Bloom Institute of Wellness there and it showed up fine. I did get a couple script errors in Moonlight Falls, but it didn't mention the career anywhere, it seemed to have to do with a Sim in my family.

When you place a new rabbithole building, the careers don't show up. If you save, quit to main menu and reload the save, they'll show up fine :D

Instructor
#433 Old 9th Dec 2014 at 10:01 PM
When you place a new rabbithole building, the careers don't show up. If you save, quit to main menu and reload the save, they'll show up fine :D

I see, thanks for all your help!
Test Subject
#434 Old 20th Dec 2014 at 10:17 PM
I'm creating a new career. But the numbers still appearing... And I did everything the tutorial told... What I do? I've already send my custom career to missyhissy, but somebody else can help? (Sorry Missy, I'm just too anxious...)
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Bodybuilding_Career.rar (20.0 KB, 6 downloads) - View custom content
Description: Numbers are still appearing...
Scholar
#435 Old 21st Dec 2014 at 3:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by vini15
I'm creating a new career. But the numbers still appearing... And I did everything the tutorial told... What I do? I've already send my custom career to missyhissy, but somebody else can help? (Sorry Missy, I'm just too anxious...)

Sorry for the delay, vini, busy with Christmas stuff But check out ThomasRiordan's post on the first page of this thread, he explains perfectly what to do to solve this issue Good luck!

Test Subject
#436 Old 22nd Dec 2014 at 1:58 AM
Default Can't find my eror
I've been working on this project for a few hours and now that I've finally added it into my game I cannot find my error anywhere. Its just not showing up, can anyone possibly point me in the right direction?
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Programmer_Career.rar (11.5 KB, 10 downloads) - View custom content
Test Subject
#437 Old 15th Jan 2015 at 12:15 AM
Hi! I don't know if anyone still checks in here but I was wondering if anyone could help me with making multiple branches to a career? I'm having a lot of difficulty finding a tutorial on it. Please help? Thanks.
Test Subject
#438 Old 19th Apr 2015 at 5:57 PM
Default career for missyhissy
Just for missyhissy to help me with this career.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  IceHockeyPlayer.rar (16.6 KB, 7 downloads)
Test Subject
#439 Old 21st Apr 2015 at 6:54 AM
Hey guys, I'm new to career modding, so could I please ask a few quick questions?

Does the game allow renaming boss titles the same way we can coworkers? Is <BossTitle>BLANK</BossTitle> a thing?
Is there a way of controlling the genders of either coworkers and bosses?
Can careers be gender-locked in the first place? I know the job descriptions and titles are gender specific, but I'm not aware of a way to display specific Tones.

Thanks, sorry if I'm missing the obvious.
Scholar
#440 Old 21st Apr 2015 at 3:42 PM
Hey guys, sorry for the delays.
mager1794:It looks like there's a chunk of text missing from your career file. It might be worth re-doing the Programmer.Careers file and make sure you don't remove the text at the top
Roxas: I've done this with a couple of my careers, so this does work. I'll jot it down here for you, but feel free to browse through my Airline Career and my Teaching Career to see how it works.
You'll need to add these two lines to each level:
<BranchName></BranchName>
<BranchSource></BranchSource>

You put Base in the BranchSource and the name of your branch in BranchName, for example Rock or Symphonic.
In the point in the tutorial where you begin to edit the careers file, add this in beneath the <Text_JobOffer> :
<Text_BranchOffer>CAREERNAMEBranchOffer</Text_BranchOffer>
<Text_BranchName1>CAREERNAMEbranchname1</Text_BranchName1>
<Text_BranchName2>CAREERNAMEbranchname2</Text_BranchName2>

So to use the Music career as an example again:
<Text_BranchOffer>MusicBranchOffer</Text_BranchOffer>
<Text_BranchName1>MusicRock</Text_BranchName1>
<Text_BranchName2>MusicSymphonic</Text_BranchName2>

Make sure to include those extra lines in your UnhashedKeys file and your language Strings.
Zeron: I'm testing your career in-game now, I'll PM with the results
dudeyochill: I've never seen an option to do that. But you could always try adding in <BossTitle></BossTitle> and <BossMetricTitle></BossMetricTitle> to the file and see what happens? Can't promise anything though.
As for controlling the genders of bosses and coworkers, never found an option for that.
Career can be gender-locked actually. You can add <Genders></Genders> and insert either Male or Female. Make sure you use NRaas.Gameplay.Careers.OmniCareer as the fullclassname. I've never done this myself, but it's mentioned Here. However for Tones, I have no idea.

Hope that helps you guys!

Test Subject
#441 Old 22nd Apr 2015 at 11:10 AM
Thanks for the help! I tried adding the lines of code, but NRAAS unfortunately refuses to load my career.
Scholar
#442 Old 22nd Apr 2015 at 12:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dudeyochill
Thanks for the help! I tried adding the lines of code, but NRAAS unfortunately refuses to load my career.

Any script errors generating?

Test Subject
#443 Old 22nd Apr 2015 at 1:08 PM
Okay I was being stupid. I entered <BossMetricTitle></CoWorkerMetricTitle>, so obviously the the mod crashed. Now that I've fixed it, bosses still show up as "Boss" though.
Scholar
#444 Old 22nd Apr 2015 at 1:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dudeyochill
Okay I was being stupid. I entered <BossMetricTitle></CoWorkerMetricTitle>, so obviously the the mod crashed. Now that I've fixed it, bosses still show up as "Boss" though.

"Technology can insult your intelligence. But nothing rubs it in like a computer!"
Glad you found the source of the crash. Pity we can't change Boss titles though, that would have been handy.

Test Subject
#445 Old 23rd Apr 2015 at 9:29 PM
Hi guys this is my first attempt to create a career mod and its not going so well. I tried to follow the guide as closely as possible but its not showing up in game. can someone help me out plz.

The file contains both the mod and error report
http://www.mediafire.com/download/6...orps_Career.rar
Scholar
#446 Old 24th Apr 2015 at 3:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ballistic_Freak
Hi guys this is my first attempt to create a career mod and its not going so well. I tried to follow the guide as closely as possible but its not showing up in game. can someone help me out plz.

The file contains both the mod and error report
http://www.mediafire.com/download/6...orps_Career.rar

Okay, I've had a look at your career. First off, I noticed that level 4 mentions a branch, but no other levels mention one. Is that supposed to be there? If so, you need to specify which branch each of the subsequent levels are for. But I'd advise taking that out to begin with, until you get the career working. Then work on split branches
Second, did you follow Thomas Riordan's method for the English strings? They can sometimes prevent the career from showing in the chosen language.
As it stands right now, I can only imagine it's the branch bit causing the error. So try taking that out and see how it goes.

Test Subject
#447 Old 24th Apr 2015 at 10:32 PM
Okay, I've had a look at your career. First off, I noticed that level 4 mentions a branch, but no other levels mention one. Is that supposed to be there? If so, you need to specify which branch each of the subsequent levels are for. But I'd advise taking that out to begin with, until you get the career working. Then work on split branches
Second, did you follow Thomas Riordan's method for the English strings? They can sometimes prevent the career from showing in the chosen language.
As it stands right now, I can only imagine it's the branch bit causing the error. So try taking that out and see how it goes.

Thanks I can't check right now but i'll let you know when I do.
Test Subject
#448 Old 25th Apr 2015 at 9:00 AM
Yeah I got your career running after removing the branch lines, but the strings don't show up in the game. Follow the instructions about entering the strings via S3PE on page 1, worked like a charm for me.
Test Subject
#449 Old 27th Apr 2015 at 4:04 PM
Hey guys! I'm really, really new to modding, but I've been following the nraas guides to create my own Custom Career mod. However, when I added it to the game, I got an error about my career saying the following:

NRaas.Careers
Script Error
49402480332567.dll
Electrician.Careers

Electrician is the career i was making. Could someone please give me an idea of what I did wrong and how I could improve myself? I've attached a screenshot of the error, my package file and the .dll file to my attached zip file. thanks a lot!
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Electrician.zip (102.8 KB, 6 downloads) - View custom content
Test Subject
#450 Old 27th Apr 2015 at 6:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ShatteredAwe
Hey guys! I'm really, really new to modding, but I've been following the nraas guides to create my own Custom Career mod. However, when I added it to the game, I got an error about my career saying the following:

NRaas.Careers
Script Error
49402480332567.dll
Electrician.Careers

Electrician is the career i was making. Could someone please give me an idea of what I did wrong and how I could improve myself? I've attached a screenshot of the error, my package file and the .dll file to my attached zip file. thanks a lot!

Hey, that error indicated there's something wrong with the code in your package, most likely in the .Careers XML. Try installing ErrorTrap by NRaas when testing this stuff, and it will place a report detailing the issue(s) in your Sims 3 folder whenever something like this occurs. It generally contains more info than you need, so look for words like "unknown", "expected", and "null".

I took a look at your career, and you should definitely fix some stuff in Electrician.Careers.

- The input for <MinCoworkers> and <MaxCoworkers> is between " ", this should just be an integer.
- There's at least one BLANK left in the code.
- You put all your career data in </Electrician2> <Electrician3> etc. This should just be <Electrician> </Electrician> over and over again. You're telling the game that particular info is about the <Electrician> career, the <Level> field is enough to indicate the career level. Only if you're adding a second career to the same file, for example a part-time variant, would you need to do a section with something like <PTElectrician>
-Many of your metrics contain a few spaces between the values. I'm actually not sure whether this matters, but it's probably best to not do it.

See if those things work, if NRaas still won't load your career after that, try uploading your ErrorTrap XML
Page 18 of 23