Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Apr 2017 at 6:57 PM Last edited by Goldenbtrfly : 29th Apr 2017 at 12:47 AM.
Default WCIF - Money Tree Costs More Aspiration Points [SOLVED]
I'm seeking a mod/hack that would have the money tree cost around 5 or 10 times as much. It's far too easy to live off of the trees as it is now, especially when Sims are always in a good mood. I sure hope someone has a lead on this, or can tell me how to do it? Only if it is STUPIDLY SIMPLE, as I have hardly any SimPE experience.

Thanks for looking!
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 22nd Apr 2017 at 10:12 PM Last edited by whoward69 : 17th May 2017 at 9:12 AM.
  1. Start SimPE
  2. Start Object Workshop
  3. Select the Money Tree (under Aspiration Rewards)
  4. Next
  5. Task: Clone, Uncheck Set Custom Group ID
  6. Next
  7. Change the price - NOTE: The max price is 32,767
  8. Finish
  9. OK
  10. Save package (eg WH_ExpensiveMoneyTree.package)
  11. Package will open in SimPE
  12. Click on "AllRes" (very top of left hand tree)
  13. In the upper-right Resource List, select everything BUT the OBJD entry
  14. Delete everything selected (right-click, Delete)
  15. File -> Save
  16. Exit SimPE
  17. Copy package (eg WH_ExpensiveMoneyTree.package) into your Downloads sub-directory
  18. Start game
  19. Check in game price matches that set in step 7

W

Just call me William, definitely not Who-Ward
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Apr 2017 at 2:18 AM
@Whoward69 - Thank you so much, William!!! I will go try to do it myself tonight with your extra awesome (and extra simple) instructions. I really appreciate your help! If I get it right, the Counterfeit Machine is next, haha!
Instructor
#4 Old 23rd Apr 2017 at 8:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Goldenbtrfly
If I get it right, the Counterfeit Machine is next, haha!

The package will have a single OBJD entry. If you want to do multiple rewards, you can either have multiple packages, each with a single OBJD entry, or you can have one package containing many OBJD entries.

For the latter,
  1. Open the unwanted package open in SimPE.
  2. Click on the OBJD entry to select it, right-click and select Extract
  3. In the Extract ... dialog, navigate to somewhere you can remember (eg the desktop) and click Save (don't worry about changing the file name)
  4. File -> Open ... and open the package that will hold all the OBJD entries
  5. Right-click in the upper right "Resource List" and select Add
  6. In the Add ... dialog, select the file you just saved, it will add the OBJD entry into the package
  7. File -> Save
  8. Exit SimPE.
  9. With MS-Windows File Explorer, navigate to the desktop (or wherever you saved the extracted OBJD) and delete the TWO files with weird names (one will end .simpe.xml the other will end .simpe)
  10. Delete the unwanted package

HTH

W

Just call me William, definitely not Who-Ward
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 25th Apr 2017 at 11:57 PM
@whoward69 I'm a bit stuck, can you take a peek for me?
Screenshot of SimPE

I'm stuck on 12 to 14 of your list. I see no boxes to uncheck.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 26th Apr 2017 at 12:52 AM
You're not supposed to uncheck any boxes there. What you have at step 12 is a full clone of the object, and you only want the OBJD because that's all you need to modify to change the price. To keep it tidy and avoid unnecessary leftover code, you'll want to clean up the unnecessary resources from your package.

1. Click on the first item in the list that you see in the Resource List part of the SimPE window, then scroll all the way down to the bottom, hold down shift and click the last things in the list. This'll highlight all the contents.
2. Now carefully go back up the list until you find the OBJD. Hold down ctrl and click it, so that it's no longer highlighted.
3. Right click on any of the highlighted things, and select delete. That'll put a line over everything but the OBJD entry, to show you that it's deleted.
4. Save your package. Once you save , the deleted parts will disappear and you'll only have the OBJD.
5. Resume Williams instructions at step 15

If you find it easier, you could also expand the resource tree, and mark categories one by one, deleting the things that appear in resource list when you click the category. Just make sure you don't delete the OBJD

A heads up about trying the counterfeiting machine. It's a multi-tile object which means it'll have more than one OBJD. You only need the one controlling it's settings, not the ones for it's additional tiles. That one is called "Aspiration Reward - Counterfeiting Machine". The other two with 0,0 and 0,1 in the name you should delete along with the other excess resources.

Hope that helps

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 26th Apr 2017 at 2:02 AM
@Gummilutt @whoward69 I got it! Thank you ever so much! I really appreciate this!
I will do the counterfeiting machine tomorrow when hopefully I'm feeling better. Again, thank you both!!!