Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Nov 2017 at 12:16 AM
Default Ugliest Pre-Mades
tell me who you think the ugliest pre-mades are in my opinion if i wad talking about each hood well belladonna cove is filled with ugly desiderata valley is bland,river blossom hills is also bland pleasantview has the bland brandi and gordon king and tramps dina and nina strangetown has etc etc you get the idea
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 3rd Nov 2017 at 12:20 AM
Dora Ottomas is the only one who stands out to me as particularly ugly, and that's because they intentionally made her "look old" as if a sim's face sculpt could change due to age.

Nothing at all wrong with how Dina and Nina look. I assumed by "ugly" you meant appearance, not actions/character/personality.
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd Nov 2017 at 12:22 AM
i just think dina nina look...bad i don't know but something seems ugly about them,maybe the jaw i was thinking about.

i agree about dora ottomas no wonder peter doesn't have a father!
Theorist
#4 Old 3rd Nov 2017 at 1:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosawyn
Nothing at all wrong with how Dina and Nina look. I assumed by "ugly" you meant appearance, not actions/character/personality.

Personally I've always found Dina's Jerry Lewis smile incredibly unattractive. Plus she looks like she has bleach blonde hair in combination with a Jersey Shore spray tan.

However I don't mind Sims that look unattractive (I do dislike Dina, but she could be the prettiest Sim in the game and I'd still dislike her) what I do mind are Sims that have such exaggerated features that they look like some sort of of goblin or walking caricature.

Dora Ottomas is, imho, the mildest example of that, her biggest problem is that her nose makes her look like she has a pencil mustache in the thumbnail (Gramma Hitler?) The unborn Ottomas twins also frequently look like they were spawned from the radioactive lagoon.
Some of the Capps also fit that category, like Tybalt, once he becomes an Elder he looks like a lifelong crystal meth addict.
I get that Chester Gieke is supposed to look underfed, but it's problematic because Sims 2 was before that kind of thing showed in Sims faces and it causes problems with his offspring, same with Nervous Subject.
And the worst is probably Malcolm Landgraab IV with his permanent "evil" expression molded onto his face. He looks like Mr. Potato Head. I usually fix his face (including genetically) before I start playing him. Loki Beaker has the same issue, but I play him less often.

On the other hand there's several Sims that look very plain or odd at first, but only because of the unfortunate hair/clothing/makeup choices Maxis gave them. Mary-Sue Pleasant looks kinda...oily...in the getup Maxis gave her, but can be very elegant in better clothes. Melody Tinker is very, very beautiful once the garish makeup and clothes are replaced. Puck Summerdream and Hermia Capp also look much, much better once you get that party makeup off of their faces.

I think a big problem of Sims 2 faces is that sometimes the parts of the parents don't mesh well leading to very. very odd looking faces especially during the toddler and child stages. I often wonder if the bland, samey, pudding-faces of Sims 3 were an attempt to prevent that (I mean toddlers and children almost look completely identical to one another in Sims 3)
Field Researcher
#5 Old 3rd Nov 2017 at 1:26 AM
Some pre-mades are not ugly, they are just awkward to look at.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 3rd Nov 2017 at 1:34 AM
Dina and Nina look average. Pre mades like Gordan King are simply the most outrageous face templates. If you are wanting to do an uglicy you are better off making your own townies for it. I don't play pre mades but only Dora comes to mind really. I guess Loki would also throw some strange looking kids as well as Nervous.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
#7 Old 3rd Nov 2017 at 1:43 AM
Mm, the only ones I find "unattractive" are the ones with the swollen gorilla face, the extremely flat faces, ones with an owl nose (on the side,I the nose is flat and points straight down, and the ones with the long nose and fish lips combo. Most other sims look fine imho.
Scholar
#8 Old 3rd Nov 2017 at 2:09 AM
For me, I only say "ugly" is when I cannot for the life of me make a sim look decent with a different hairstyle/make-up regime. *Ahem* I'm looking at YOU, Sandy Bruty! As for the pre-made playables, I find the Picasos a little bland-looking, and the only one I really can't stand is Dora Ottomas... but then she was made with a mix of Peter and Samantha, or so I've heard. Their faces do not mesh well, as noted by their twins.

Seriously though, I've found that the ones with the less-endearing features often mix wonderfully to give very attractive children: as a prime example, in my game Sandy got with Goopy a few times and their eldest daughter Miranda is a stunner, rocking Goopy's black hair with Sandy's larger lips! Other times, we get "nice-looking" sims who really don't work together well at all; I was horrified when the Travellers had more children! Having said that, I've yet to see them all grown up, so I may revise my opinion later on there...

No need to use my full name, "Selly" will do just fine.
Forum Resident
#9 Old 3rd Nov 2017 at 4:21 AM
Goopy is the worst, but do you know how many generations it took to breed Malcolm Landgraab IV's Neanderthal browline out of his descendents?
Mad Poster
#10 Old 3rd Nov 2017 at 4:34 AM
I kinda like Goopy. I mean, I'd hit it! As for ugly... I like the ugly that some of the sims have - like Komei Tellerman and that Knowlege YA sim from Sim State University Gavin Ebadi: http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Gavin_Ebadi - gotta love that lantern jaw!
Inventor
#11 Old 3rd Nov 2017 at 4:42 AM
Dora really does have an unfortunate face. I recently was messing around and aged her down to adult. It took a while to find a hair that didn't accentuate her wide-set eyes or gaunt face. Even then, I wasn't terribly pleased with her. Maybe some make-up would have smoothed out some of the issues, I just really dislike relying on it. For me, I think the issue is her features are just too out of proportion to work. Sharla has a similar face to my eye, but it's not nearly at sharp or extreme.

The only face template that gets to me is the one with the wiiiiide mouth with the huge lips. It actually kinda freaks me out because it looks like the sim could swallow the head of another sim whole!
Mad Poster
#12 Old 3rd Nov 2017 at 4:51 AM
I found giving Dora Ottomas glasses, a bit of makeup, and a fitting hairstyle helps quite a bit. I like Sims with unique features, though, even if others think they're ugly.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 3rd Nov 2017 at 5:05 AM
Uh, hm. This is an interesting question, as beauty is subjective, and often I find that the sims I find repellent usually get lots of attention and praise here on MTS. The one I can think of off the top of my head is Jules O'Mackey. I think her base appearance with no CC, the pinstripe bell bottoms and washed out reddish haircut is deeply unflattering to her features. I also don't particularly find the Tinkers attractive -- specifically Stephen and Wanda -- though Melody is, in my opinion, the prettiest premade sim in the game. Chester Gieke's bulbous head is unsettling and incredibly difficult to find a hairstyle for. I admit to thinking that Jodie Larson was really unattractive before I found a good style to suit her looks. She's just got unique features. She looks great with more natural makeup! My mistake was always slapping a bold lipstick and wing eyeliner on her and wondering why she looked like...that.

I think, objectively, Alex Goth is hard to look at, especially when compared to his father and sister, who are very symmetrical and comely in appearance. Also...Lisa Ramirez, I think? The mother. I had a hard time finding good hair and makeup to compliment her looks in adulthood, but like her appearance a lot more as an elder. Cleo Shikibu definitely has an interesting face as well. Not ugly, not pretty, just unique.

And not that you asked, but I think among the most attractive sims are Dirk and Darren Dreamer, Stella Roth (even in elderhood, like wow), Melody Tinker, Tessa Ramirez (unique features that pull together well, especially with a bold lipstick color), and I guess an obligatory Don Lothario? But I guess if I say him, I have to say John Burb. They have incredibly similar facial structure.
Mad Poster
#14 Old 3rd Nov 2017 at 8:03 AM
Mad Poster
#15 Old 3rd Nov 2017 at 8:15 AM
And some sims, either with their broken faces or simply unique features - like Loki Beaker or Nervous Subject - can make for some very ugly-cute kids. I mean, you see the mug on Orion Teens when he grows up? He looks so funny!
Inventor
#16 Old 3rd Nov 2017 at 9:13 AM
Previous posters have already said that beauty is subjective and I agree, but it's nice to see everyone's opinions about which premades they find attractive and which ones they don't. We all have our preferences and turn-ons, after all.

I'm not fond of the more exaggerated face templates like Gordon King's and the premades with faces that are deliberately sculpted to permanently show certain expressions. Maybe the sentiment is that some people always look giddy or frustrated, but I find that it doesn't work well when they show their "neutral" faces or it starts to creep me out. There's this downtownie, Lakshmi Byall, who has a permanent yet oddly-sculpted smile that's prevalent and sometimes it doesn't mesh well when she grins or scowls.

Another thing is that exaggerated features sometimes don't breed well and sometimes they do, so I tend to prefer premades who have more of a middle-ground - unique but not enough to cause possible odd combinations in terms of eye orbits or chins when they have children; it's the way the game merges these features that can be a problem. It's also unfortunate that certain features on one gender sometimes don't look nice on another, especially on males; decently-sized noses on females will reach the next galaxy in males.

I also dislike that Maxis didn't use the other templates more often - there are several Face 1s and 2s around yet I wouldn't have minded if they hadn't overused or barely altered their features. Sometimes they use too much of the same face template for the proportion of actual playables in the hood; in Strangetown, Pascal and Lazlo are nearly identical (but at least they don't have a very common template), and so are Jenny-Jill-Buck and Lola-Chloe, and all 5 of the latter share the same template. In Pleasantview, you have Face 2s in the Calientes, Goths, Lothario, Daniel, the Burbs, and Darren, and Cassandra and Kaylynn are almost the same. Some couples even look the same (like VV's Goneril-Albany), which makes me wonder if there's supposed to be implied distant relative breeding if I don't want to think about it as EAxis laziness. I understand the concept of physical resemblance, especially in families, but this is a bit too much, and when you play some of the premade hoods long-term without using any CAS imports or townies, many of the descendants will start looking the same. It's more balanced out in the later premade hoods.

If you want specific answers, the premades I don't find attractive (some of which have already been mentioned) are the Tinker parents, Dora Ottomas, Sharla Ottomas, Chester Gieke, and several Riverblossom sims (Sandra and Xander Roth, Betty Goldstein, etc.). As much as I like Veronaville, the gaunt or even non-existent cheeks can be terrifying for some, plus many of them have sharp features. I haven't played much of the other neighborhoods and bin families to have a verdict. It's mostly the proportion of their features that I dislike, as well as the pointiness of polygons, not necessarily the features themselves. (I also find it confusing why many deceased premades have more unique facial structures, but I digress.)

Like bbostic8, I'll list down some premades I do find attractive - by my standards again, so beware. For the females, the Pleasant twins (yes, with the harpoon noses), Melody Tinker, Rose Greenman, Isabella Baldwin, Titania Summerdream, Stella Roth, Olive Specter, Juliette Capp, Gvaudoin Tricou, and Circe Beaker. I'm afraid I don't find too many of the males attractive, but there's Oberon Gossamer (I'm also aware of the nose), Vidcund Curious, Carlos Contender, Puck Summerdream (but he's almost a straight elf template anyway), and Patrizio Monty looks surprisingly good when aged down. It seems strange to some but I like the Goopy template, as long as the lip thickness is toned down a bit, and I have a soft spot for the Marylena Hamilton template.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#17 Old 3rd Nov 2017 at 9:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by inspiredzone
Goopy is the worst,

Mad Poster
#18 Old 3rd Nov 2017 at 10:05 AM
Inventor
#19 Old 3rd Nov 2017 at 10:18 AM
He's so hot, he starts fires with his presence alone.

Scholar
Original Poster
#20 Old 3rd Nov 2017 at 11:26 AM
goopy is the all mighty lord after all he's always mayor in my game

anyway i'll have to agree that veronaville sims are sometimes just...awful i'm looking at you patrizio and consort!
don't know why but the pleasant twins and their father always looked like mice to me
betty goldstein is horrible just like loki beaker patrizio monty etc they have none of their parents features!
wow suprised this thread has grown so much in a night or so
Mad Poster
#21 Old 3rd Nov 2017 at 11:33 AM
You all are making me want to go play both Betty Goldsein and Gordon King...maybe I could age Betty down and have her and Gordon get married and have a few adorable little babies together. They're seriously not that bad looking.
Test Subject
#22 Old 3rd Nov 2017 at 11:40 AM Last edited by Scathed : 3rd Nov 2017 at 12:05 PM.
The only premade whose appearance made me intensely uncomfortable is Matthew Hart from La Fiesta Tech. He's got this weird... thing going with the part of his face that joins his nose to his upper lip. I don't even know how to describe it, but it's wonky in a way I've never seen in other premades or been able to replicate with sliders, and it terrifies me.

Do you ever hear a song so beautiful you want to financially support the artist, but you can't because the artist is a common wood pigeon?
Scholar
Original Poster
#23 Old 3rd Nov 2017 at 11:45 AM
i agree about Matthew something about his girlfriend Sarah's eyebrows annoys me so much! and i'd love to see betty and gordon's kids!
Scholar
Original Poster
#24 Old 3rd Nov 2017 at 11:55 AM
quotePersonally I've always found Dina's Jerry Lewis smile incredibly unattractive. Plus she looks like she has bleach blonde hair in combination with a Jersey Shore spray tan.

omg i totally agree!

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
Test Subject
#25 Old 3rd Nov 2017 at 4:38 PM
any ones w/ monkey faces. yall know the ones lmfao
Page 1 of 7