Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#151 Old 16th Jan 2012 at 5:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nigeriangirl1
hhhhhhhhhhhhhooooooooooooooooolllllllllllllllllllllllaaaaaaaaaaa

Why do you keep doing that? Please go post in the welcome thread, if you want good welcomes.... but welcome here anyway!

I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT.
Advertisement
Alchemist
#152 Old 16th Jan 2012 at 9:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nigeriangirl1
yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyoooooooooooooooooo

Yo? Or you? You what? Me first! You should stop posting useless things. How's that?

Evil doesn't worry about not being good. - The Warden, Dragon Age Origins
Top Secret Researcher
#153 Old 17th Jan 2012 at 1:59 AM
SPambot ALert1

Haha, that was a fail...

Why did I move here? I guess it was the weather.

GTA V
Test Subject
#154 Old 19th Jan 2012 at 7:56 AM
For my english class, we had to read 'wuthering heights'. I hated it at first as I thought it was just another typical romance book. BUT OH BOY HOW WRONG I WAS. I developed an unhealthy obsession with the book and fell in love with Heathcliff, he's not exactly the good guy, and is a bit of an ass. he's a byronic hero. and I used to get so mad at my teacher and friends if they said something bad about Heathcliff. It was weird. I still love him to this day. I also had a crush on Hareton :lovestruc but I preffered Heathcliff as he was more educated.

Anger is like drinking your own poison and expecting the other person to die
Test Subject
#155 Old 19th Jan 2012 at 7:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by The Creeper
Yo? Or you? You what? Me first! You should stop posting useless things. How's that?

I think she's doing it to get 6 posts so she can choose an avatar haha seeing as she only joined this month

Anger is like drinking your own poison and expecting the other person to die
Test Subject
#156 Old 19th Jan 2012 at 7:55 PM
Yeah i always loved Anissa, in Harvest Moon games, she still looks good even in the latest one i bought Animal Parade. I always choose her as my wife
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#157 Old 20th Jan 2012 at 5:53 PM
Congratulations to the ONE person who figured out that the best response to spam is to report the post.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Field Researcher
#158 Old 20th Jan 2012 at 6:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by alayaya
How can I be the only one who loves Alistair!? You people need to play Dragonage. You'll see how amazingly adorable he is

I know, Alistair is my all time crush.
I love him. I really do. :lovestruc
Don't judge!
Scholar
#159 Old 20th Jan 2012 at 7:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by whiterider
Congratulations to the ONE person who figured out that the best response to spam is to report the post.

I tried, but the spam reporting on this site is a pain in the neck. I forget what it says, but it keeps giving me a message and preventing me from submitting the spam report when I try to send one in.
Banned
#160 Old 21st Jan 2012 at 5:26 AM
You need to enter more than 5 symbols in the message field, Oaktree. You probably tried it with "spam" text.
Scholar
#161 Old 21st Jan 2012 at 4:10 PM
I think I tried "It's spam.", as well, but it still wouldn't let me submit it.
Mad Poster
#162 Old 21st Jan 2012 at 4:23 PM
Ah, that's a shame, Oaktree. At least someone was able to and the problem has been taken care of (thank you Whiterider).

To continue with the thread....

I wanted to marry Mr. Spock of Star Trek when I was a little kid. As a young teenager, I feel for Kwai Chang Caine of Kung Fu. Then, at one point, I was in love with the character of a Native American from a movie. I'm not sure what those three have in common other than they all follow their own paths.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Top Secret Researcher
#163 Old 21st Jan 2012 at 6:09 PM
The three main characters of Animaniacs.

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop? The world may never (falling anvil drops on head)
Top Secret Researcher
#164 Old 21st Jan 2012 at 6:21 PM
OH YEAH! I have fallen in love with one, and she will always have my heart *fans self*

LARA CROFT

Yes, the one and only Lara Croft. *squeals* That is totally my wifey!

"Queen of the Damned seeks knight in shining piercings for pleasure, pain and purring"--Scary Mary from the Urbz: Sims In The City

"A Famous Explorer once said: 'The extraordinary is in what we do, not who we are.'"--Lara Croft from Tomb Raider 2013
Lab Assistant
#165 Old 21st Jan 2012 at 10:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Oaktree
I don't remember Kith-Kanan. It's been about 8 years or so since I read the books, so I may have just forgotten him, or I may never have gotten that far in the series.

Oh, and F'nor was a good one, too. He always seemed the more level-headed of the two brothers.

Gosh I don't know when the last time was I read one of the DragonLance books. I have probably 30-40 if you count gaming material, too.

Yeah, Tanis had that tortured hero thing going on, which can certainly be a hook. He seemed "human". lol Maybe because he was half-human.

I really liked Sturm, as well. I always felt bad for him because of the state the Knights were in and him always seeming to be more of an outcast than Raistlin at times.

You would only know Kith-Kanan by reading the Elven Nations trilogy. He's the founder of Qualinesti and the first Speaker of the Sun. He's mentioned in the Chronicles, but I can't remember which one. I'm pretty sure it's "Dragons of Autumn Twilight." He's not in it per se, but his tomb and guardians are found, so you get a bit of lore about him.

I never got into anything in the actual timeline once "Dragons of Summer Flame" was written. It was the end of an era for me and I had no desire to read anything without the Heroes or not set before their rise, so basically anything post 2nd Cataclysm had nothing of interest for me.

Outside of the Chronicles, the Meetings Sextet, Preludes I & II, and Legends, everything else before "Dragons of Summer Flame" (which is the start of the Chaos War and the Age of Despair) could be considered filler and mostly grounds for learning the lore of Krynn. The Elven Nations and Dwarven Nations trilogies I thought were very good since you see how the nations were founded. I also really enjoyed the Lost Histories sextet since you learn more about lesser mentioned or known about races such as the Irda, Kagonesti, and even the Gully dwarves.

But now I'm rambling. I agree with you about F'nor and maybe that's what caught my attention with him. He didn't have to be as bold and brash as F'lar, just supportive and assist as needed.

Quote: Originally posted by KKiryu007Joker
I don't see the point of falling in love with fictional characters

Of course there's no "point". There's no "point" in having crushes on celebrities, but as humans, we do a lot of pointless and irrational things. I don't think it's as much as "falling in love" with the character as it is being drawn to or infatuated with what that character represents. Be it the noble, chivalrous knight or the bad boy/girl who is really not so bad and still redeemable or the hunky/sexy heartthrob, etc., there's a character ideal out there for everyone. In some cases, more than one. lol

As a kid, being infatuated with cartoon characters is pretty normal. With animation now getting to the point where characters look more realistic, it's not out of the ordinary for grown ups to have infatuations.

I personally don't fall into the visual category. Video game and animation characters don't draw me in the same way as a well written character from a book. I think it's because I can visualize exactly how I want that character to look and they can be as perfect or horrific looking as I can make them. There are exceptions, but a lot of times it's because of the voice aspect, so visual still comes in third. But, I'm weird like that.

I do agree that there are those who might prove to be very interesting to know in real life. Morrigan would be a good one, but I'd probably annoy her to no end with questions and she'd turn me into a frog to shut me up. I wouldn't mind meeting Loghain if only to slap the ever living daylights out of him.
Field Researcher
#166 Old 22nd Jan 2012 at 8:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Spitfire Mouse
Gosh I don't know when the last time was I read one of the DragonLance books. I have probably 30-40 if you count gaming material, too.

Yeah, Tanis had that tortured hero thing going on, which can certainly be a hook. He seemed "human". lol Maybe because he was half-human.

I really liked Sturm, as well. I always felt bad for him because of the state the Knights were in and him always seeming to be more of an outcast than Raistlin at times.

You would only know Kith-Kanan by reading the Elven Nations trilogy. He's the founder of Qualinesti and the first Speaker of the Sun. He's mentioned in the Chronicles, but I can't remember which one. I'm pretty sure it's "Dragons of Autumn Twilight." He's not in it per se, but his tomb and guardians are found, so you get a bit of lore about him.

I never got into anything in the actual timeline once "Dragons of Summer Flame" was written. It was the end of an era for me and I had no desire to read anything without the Heroes or not set before their rise, so basically anything post 2nd Cataclysm had nothing of interest for me.

Outside of the Chronicles, the Meetings Sextet, Preludes I & II, and Legends, everything else before "Dragons of Summer Flame" (which is the start of the Chaos War and the Age of Despair) could be considered filler and mostly grounds for learning the lore of Krynn. The Elven Nations and Dwarven Nations trilogies I thought were very good since you see how the nations were founded. I also really enjoyed the Lost Histories sextet since you learn more about lesser mentioned or known about races such as the Irda, Kagonesti, and even the Gully dwarves.

But now I'm rambling. I agree with you about F'nor and maybe that's what caught my attention with him. He didn't have to be as bold and brash as F'lar, just supportive and assist as needed.

Of course there's no "point". There's no "point" in having crushes on celebrities, but as humans, we do a lot of pointless and irrational things. I don't think it's as much as "falling in love" with the character as it is being drawn to or infatuated with what that character represents. Be it the noble, chivalrous knight or the bad boy/girl who is really not so bad and still redeemable or the hunky/sexy heartthrob, etc., there's a character ideal out there for everyone. In some cases, more than one. lol

As a kid, being infatuated with cartoon characters is pretty normal. With animation now getting to the point where characters look more realistic, it's not out of the ordinary for grown ups to have infatuations.

I personally don't fall into the visual category. Video game and animation characters don't draw me in the same way as a well written character from a book. I think it's because I can visualize exactly how I want that character to look and they can be as perfect or horrific looking as I can make them. There are exceptions, but a lot of times it's because of the voice aspect, so visual still comes in third. But, I'm weird like that.

I do agree that there are those who might prove to be very interesting to know in real life. Morrigan would be a good one, but I'd probably annoy her to no end with questions and she'd turn me into a frog to shut me up. I wouldn't mind meeting Loghain if only to slap the ever living daylights out of him.

not really comparable to celeb though. at least getting with a celeb would not be impossible because they are real people and sometimes end up with a "normal" person wheras fictional characters no chance at all because they are not real
btw not criticizing you for being into a character, although it's just not something I do most of the time (I also am not into gay or married men)
just saying I'm not sure it's an accurate comparison
I know I know you probly think I'm being too politically correct.
Mad Poster
#167 Old 22nd Jan 2012 at 12:39 PM Last edited by VerDeTerre : 22nd Jan 2012 at 1:00 PM.
Drakescaravdis, are you suggesting that celebrities might be fictional characters? Because if you were, I would back you up on that. Many of them are pure fiction.

Spitfire, I find your preference for fictional characters from literature interesting. You must really get involved with the stories you read.

When I first saw this thread, literary characters ran through my head and there was not a one that I had a crush on. There were several that I admired and would want to be, however.

But on the topic of game characters: I kind of thought Mortimer in Sims 3 was hot.

Test Subject
#168 Old 23rd Jan 2012 at 10:25 PM
Pfft, plenty of times, being the nerd that I am and I'm proud of it too. This my most recent one: a man in an anime who's beyond pretty but he's oh so sweet and straightforward and honest. Too bad he's in a series where he actually falls in love with another man who's 9 yrs older than him. Why can't he be my boyfriend?! T_T

Field Researcher
#169 Old 24th Jan 2012 at 12:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by VerDeTerre
Drakescaravdis, are you suggesting that celebrities might be fictional characters? Because if you were, I would back you up on that. Many of them are pure fiction.

Spitfire, I find your preference for fictional characters from literature interesting. You must really get involved with the stories you read.

When I first saw this thread, literary characters ran through my head and there was not a one that I had a crush on. There were several that I admired and would want to be, however.

But on the topic of game characters: I kind of thought Mortimer in Sims 3 was hot.

actually no, I'm saying the exact opposite. that's why I don't think celebs and fictional people are comparable. I'd fall for a celeb (which I often do and obsessively but most of the time they're not as popular ones) before I'd fall for a fictional character.

I can see why you'd say that because I mean yeah people don't always tell the truth but beyond all the fame and money, they're regular people.
esp if they are celebs like the ones I am into (not into the A listers like Brad Pitt or whatever)
and if you are obsessed with reading people like I am (which isn't likely but IF you are) you will know a lot about them.
Mad Poster
#170 Old 24th Jan 2012 at 6:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Drakesecaravdis

I can see why you'd say that because I mean yeah people don't always tell the truth but beyond all the fame and money, they're regular people.
esp if they are celebs like the ones I am into (not into the A listers like Brad Pitt or whatever)
and if you are obsessed with reading people like I am (which isn't likely but IF you are) you will know a lot about them.

Actually, I was making a joke because this is a thread about fictional characters. Celebrities are real people, of course, no matter how much their public persona is created or how much it differs from how they are in private.

Now back to the discussion at hand: True fictional characters that we have fallen for.

Lab Assistant
#171 Old 24th Jan 2012 at 8:42 AM
Alcide from True Blood is my current heart throb....mmmmm sooo yummy!!!

And from the Dark Hunter series by Sherrilyn Kenyon....Acheron!!!!
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#172 Old 24th Jan 2012 at 8:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by VerDeTerre
Actually, I was making a joke because this is a thread about fictional characters. Celebrities are real people, of course, no matter how much their public persona is created or how much it differs from how they are in private.

Now back to the discussion at hand: True fictional characters that we have fallen for.

ohhhhhh
Mad Poster
#173 Old 24th Jan 2012 at 10:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Drakesecaravdis
ohhhhhh
Please don't feel badly, you were making some good points! But, seriously, hasn't any fictional character, including ones in TV shows or movies ever appealed to you?

Forum Resident
#174 Old 24th Jan 2012 at 1:44 PM
Leon S. Kennedy from the Resident Evil series.
Inventor
#175 Old 24th Jan 2012 at 1:58 PM Last edited by GigaRevival : 24th Jan 2012 at 1:59 PM. Reason: Goonies never say die.
Roy Mustang:

Graham:

Kara Thrace:

Gaius Baltar:

I was re-watching BSG and remembered some early crushes. That is all. ; )

"Goonies never say die."
Page 7 of 10