Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Inventor
#3276 Old 1st Jan 2015 at 1:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by pizza
Well, at least you've managed to sort it! Hopefully the culprits will try to open your gate again, just so they can come unstuck and give up, never to try again

I'm pleased to say that my alley gate is still shut tight and the wood is still wedged under the hinge, where I put it.

'You're a pretty pair of babies, playing with your live doll' Mrs Higgins, My fair Lady
Advertisement
Instructor
#3277 Old 1st Jan 2015 at 7:37 PM
I'm so sick of my stuff not working. The screen on my phone broke. Then I got it fixed. Then it broke a week later. It has not only cracked, it's... Shattering. The glass is falling out. The worst thing about that, is how people keep mentioning it. Asking me when I'm gonna fix it, or if the insurance won't cover it. Or saying it's stupid, that it's shattered. Well, I know. It's not on fucking purpose. Getting it fixed is fucking expensive too. Besides that, my apps crash randomly. What app and when is completely random.
My computer is also acting up. The screen is going all funky, pink and green, blinking and fading in and out. It comes when I start up my computer and disappears after a while. I'm worried.
It's a first world problem, but I'm just so sick and tired of it. My computer is about 2 years old and my phone just half a year old. It's like it always happens to me.
Instructor
#3278 Old 1st Jan 2015 at 7:48 PM
Being adopted really sucks, sometimes.
Especially when your owns sisters & brothers don't even know they have an older sister. Aka, me.

Really f-ing dreading having them over today.
#3279 Old 1st Jan 2015 at 9:13 PM
I've got this stupid cough that won't go away, this medicine that barely helps, and now I've got diarrhea. This sucks.
Theorist
#3280 Old 1st Jan 2015 at 11:16 PM
They didn't like my suggestion. All I said was to ask a small fee to access the smoking area, and the smoking area is also where the portable potties are.
Mad Poster
#3281 Old 2nd Jan 2015 at 2:04 AM
I have really bad toothache. It feels like someone grabbed a hammer and just smashed my face with it. I looked in the mirror and my front tooth has a crack in it, running from the filling (I broke my tooth on a tootsie pop 2 years ago) upwards but stops before the gum. I'm not sure why it cracked, but I'm worried. I'm scared of going to the dentist because I'm scared he'll take out my whole tooth and I've been self conscious about my teeth for as long as I can remember, especially since my filling is a different colour to my teeth.

I wish my teeth were like normal people teeth. I always get the "why haven't you been brushing?" whenever I go to the dentist, even though I brush twice a day - sometimes 3 times, I floss when I can, I use mouthwash, I only have sugary drinks/snacks on weekends, I drink juice through a straw because I heard it dissolves teeth, I even stopped eating potatoes when I was told they're bad for your teeth. I've spent so much money on sensitive teeth toothpaste, teeth whitening toothpaste, those 'healthy gum' toothpaste and whatever. My teeth have been getting so much worse lately, and I'm so self-conscious about my teeth, I avoid talking to people because I know their first impression of me is "oh my god does she brush her teeth?" , so sometimes I put off talking or talk when they're not looking directly at me until they think I'm interesting/funny/whatever before letting them see my teeth.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Theorist
#3282 Old 2nd Jan 2015 at 10:30 AM
TIL, I'm not allowed to like Car Mechanic Simulator because I'm female. Ok, why did I buy it then? lol *shakes head*

I survived September 2nd 2014 and all I got was this lousy thread - http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=532774
Scholar
#3283 Old 3rd Jan 2015 at 6:05 PM
I overheard my mom talking to my stepsister. She said that after my setpdad died, her two dogs are the only reason she gets up in the morning and the only reason she has to go on with life. She mentioned nothing about her only daughter. Between her and my dad (who only really cares about animals and not his only daughter, no fucking lie) I am literally second best compared to dogs. Was I really that bad of a daughter?

*sigh*

I should be used to it by now.

The secret ingredient is phone.
Growing up means watching my heroes turn human in front of me.
Thank you, O Mighty Doom Deity! - BL00DIEHELL
#3284 Old 3rd Jan 2015 at 7:39 PM
Dang it, it's Saturday. I have to go back to school in two days.
Alchemist
#3285 Old 4th Jan 2015 at 11:40 AM
It's always very awkward for me when people start reminiscing about their childhoods and saying things like "I miss being a kid" or "I wish I was 8 years old again".
I don't. I remember every shitty thing that happened to me. I remember not having any escape. Or choice. Or power over my life. Or even just the freedom to go someplace without someone hovering over my shoulder. I remember being under someone else's thumb 24/7. I remember being the furthest down in the family ranking because I am the youngest, and thus was also a scapegoat for my oldest brothers and got a ton of unjustified shit from my parents for being the neediest. I remember never getting praise for the good grades I got because 2 other kids before me did the exact same thing and my parent's couldn't be fucked to even just fake being impressed by it by then. But I sure as fuck still got scolded for doing anything wrong. I remember hating school and dreading every day I had to go. I remember having to wear hand-me-downs instead of clothes that actually fit and/or express me. I remember being at the mercy of someone else, ANY time I ever wanted to go somewhere or do something for myself. I remember being crammed into the back seat with my brothers anytime we went somewhere as a family because I was the youngest, even though mom was technically the shortest. I still remember how much that hurt my legs.
I hated being a kid. If you asked me now if I'd rather shove a screwdriver into my eye or go back to being a kid, I'd hold my hand out for that screwdriver.
But of course, you can't say these things to people who have fond memories of their childhood. It's not their problem that your life sucked until you could take control of it yourself. But on the same token, it's irritating when they expect everyone's childhood to roses because theirs was.
I'll do you the favor of not telling you my depressing childhood stories if you do me the favor of not expecting me to share.

I also don't miss school at all. I don't understand people who said "You'll miss it when you're gone!" .... maybe if school hadn't been a total hellhole for you, I guess. I'd sooner put a screwdriver into both of my eyes than go through elementary/middle/high school a second time.

"The more you know, the sadder you get."~ Stephen Colbert
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." ~ Jon Stewart
Versigtig, ek's nog steeds fokken giftig
Theorist
#3286 Old 4th Jan 2015 at 12:42 PM Last edited by TheRealLovecat : 4th Jan 2015 at 3:24 PM.
Now I gotta delete stuff since he likes to find me on the internet at times. Kitty is getting help tho. No worries.

--Edit-- Kitty went. Kitty has a cold. All is right with the world again except he who shall not be named being evil.

I survived September 2nd 2014 and all I got was this lousy thread - http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=532774
Mad Poster
#3287 Old 4th Jan 2015 at 3:25 PM
I wish my boyfriend would take education more seriously. If he doesn't average a 55 this semester he'll be kicked off his 4 year course and put onto a 3 year one which will result in a bachelor and not a Masters degree. If that does happen it means in my last year of uni we'd have to find another house to live in, as well as have less money and in general he really wants to continue studying on his course. His first exam is tomorrow, and he's literally revised for about an hour yesterday. At the moment he's watching tv. Whenever I ask him to revise, he tries to be cute and funny - but that only annoys me, and he always tells me to "trust him" - but he doesn't know for sure that he will pass! Whenever I ask him what he's actually doing to make sure he'll pass, he says he doesn't know and to just trust him, and then he does his whole "you don't trust me!" speech. In fact the way he's going, he probably wont. He seems to be under the impression that everything will just come together, and wastes his time playing minecraft and watching tv. I think it's starting to eat away at his life. If he has to cook something in the kitchen, he will bring his laptop. When he goes to the toilet - he brings his ipod with minecraft on, he even sits in lectures sometimes listening to podcasts about minecraft. I mean, I know some days I can obsessively play Sims, but that's not every single day!

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Instructor
#3288 Old 4th Jan 2015 at 3:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mordecai and Rigby
Dang it, it's Saturday. I have to go back to school in two days.

Now it's... Sniffle.... One day left.
#3289 Old 4th Jan 2015 at 8:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by thesammy58
Now it's... Sniffle.... One day left.

Alchemist
#3290 Old 4th Jan 2015 at 11:57 PM
The new yahoos in charge of my apartment have the heat down as far as it will go - and it is minus 33 Celsius out there. Not impressed.
Theorist
#3291 Old 5th Jan 2015 at 1:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by applefeather2
The new yahoos in charge of my apartment have the heat down as far as it will go - and it is minus 33 Celsius out there. Not impressed.

I imagine that's going to make most or all the tenants buy heating units rather than put up with soul destroying cold. Higher electric bill for the landlord and possible electric problems.
Instructor
#3292 Old 5th Jan 2015 at 6:38 PM
I'm worried about the future. I'm in my last year of high school and I have pretty much every opportunity. I'm smart and I understand quickly. The only thing in my way is my depression. I know what I wanna study, if I decide to start this summer. I'm really excited about moving out and living on my own life. I really wanna move on with my life. But I'm scared I can't handle university, that it's too much. High school is already too much for me. Things that should be easy for me, are really unnecessarily hard.
My other option is to wait a year after high school. A break would be good for me, I guess. I would have more time to deal with my depression and I could find some easy job in a store. But then I have to work some boring job in a store, something I have done everything to avoid so far, and I would have to stay at home. It's not really an issue, my parents don't have a problem with it and we all get along fine. But the thought of having to stay here for another year is just so... Long. Boring.
I could work and then go travelling. But travelling just isn't really me. I don't know, everybody says that's something you should do, but it's not really me. Then there's my boyfriend. I love him, and I really wanna stay with him, but what are you supossed to do after high school? How do you deal with it?
I don't know. I don't know who to ask for advice or what to think. Graduation just suddenly seemed really close.
Scholar
#3293 Old 6th Jan 2015 at 2:41 AM
@Redsneakers - do you have a community college system in Denmark? I apologize if this is a stupid question, as it probably is. Community college is quite a bit easier than 4 year university here and the tuition is 2,000 a semester instead of 15,000+ (but I guess you don't have to pay that much usually, maybe?) But also university isn't always that much harder than high school, especially at first. Of course, I'm speaking from an American perspective but here they try not to make things ridiculously difficult right away, and with the AP classes people take sometimes high school can be comparatively more difficult because you're basically taking 12 college credits but are in class 6 hours a day. Sorry if none of this applies to you though.

I can say that I have depression (and anxiety) and it's pretty severe, and although I went to community college first (mainly for financial reasons) university hasn't been too bad. It's more difficult but it's not unmanageable. And there are a lot of resources to help on campus. There's nothing wrong with working in a store either though, and it can be nice to have a break from the constant rigor of school. About the boyfriend, it depends on how you both feel. If you want to keep dating him then by all means do so and see what happens. Breaking up with someone because you're going off to university - unless university is across the world - probably just means your relationship was on the outs anyway, imo.

Sorry for this wall of text/advice if you didn't want it, I just saw your situation and felt there were some similarities to my own. I hope everything goes all right.

“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.”
bleed-in-ink.tumblr.com
Top Secret Researcher
#3294 Old 6th Jan 2015 at 4:06 AM
Well. Had enough. I am now a jobless momma. Which is scary. Hopefully it will only be for a few days. Couldn't handle the job anymore. The management was a shit show too. Big time. So incompetent. And on salary to boot. I wish I could play on my cell phone all day, write people up for stupid, inane things, and get paid salary. So here's hoping for a short, successful, job hunt. I need a drink.

She was rouge and red lips, dark hair and soft hips, mischief and laughter - and she wanted you to love her faster.
Instructor
#3295 Old 6th Jan 2015 at 1:18 PM
@RedSneakers - I think universities are pretty good for people with ongoing problems. It's a pretty daunting experience to move out on your own and enroll at university, but they are empathetic and do try and make it as easy as possible for you. It's really up to you what you want to do. I agree with Efolger about taking a break - it can be nice to do so. Perhaps you and your boyfriend could both take a gap year and go traveling for a while? There's no shame in taking a gap year to work, or to travel. I know plenty of people who did the same - I ended up taking a gap year until September just been after enrolling on Law last year and deciding it wasn't for me. But if you do genuinely want to go to university in the summer, please don't allow your depression to put you off. It's a great experience, and they will accommodate you. You may even qualify for extenuating circumstances, so longer deadlines etc, to make your university experience easier for you. My sister had chronic fatigue syndrome and they allowed her to have extended deadlines. There will most likely be a counseling service, free at your finger tips. And making sure the head of your subject knows about your feelings from the start will definitely benefit you. I had a bit of a problem at university recently and they were bending over backwards to try and make it better for me. So I should expect they would do the same for you. The more you worry about it, the worse it will seem I hope you feel better soon.

And Nymp, I'm sorry to hear that.
Scholar
#3296 Old 7th Jan 2015 at 12:41 AM
This is kind of a dumb vent. But I feel like whenever I'm single people are like "BE HAPPY! BE HAPPY ALL THE TIMEEEE! LOVE YOURSELF ALWAYS! IT DOESN'T MATTER HOW LONELY YOU ARE, BE HAPPY!" constantly and it's impossible to get away from it. And it's usually not just that I want a relationship - it's that I'm lonely in every way. I don't have many friends and I only get to "socially interact" every couple weeks or so. But then when I am in a relationship, my boyfriend always wants to hang out with me a couple times a week, which is not extreme or unhealthy but because I am so used to being alone and lonely LITERALLY ALL THE TIME, I can't handle it and I want to break up or "escape." No matter how much I like them and like being around them, it's just such a shock for me because for the past year or more I was supposed to be soooo happy being lonely all the time, and God forbid I ever mention it or complain.

“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.”
bleed-in-ink.tumblr.com
Moderator of Extreme Limericks
Original Poster
#3297 Old 7th Jan 2015 at 5:44 AM
This thread has gotten just a teensy bit large, so I've gone ahead and started a new place to vent here.

Please feel free to continue venting in the new thread.

There's always money in the banana stand.
Locked thread | Locked by: jhd1189 Reason: Please post in the new thread!
Page 132 of 132