Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Oct 2010 at 4:37 PM
Default Weird Shine
Hi!

I need help once more.
Some time ago, I saw here a thread about a strange bright on the texture but I can't find it. It's because I'm having the same issue and I would like some help to fix it.

Thank you!
Screenshots
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 15th Oct 2010 at 4:47 PM
This is due to a broken bumpmap - I've never quite figured out exactly what's broken about bumpmaps which do that, but the bumpmap is the culprit. Maybe it's the wrong shade of grey? Maybe the wrong compression?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 15th Oct 2010 at 5:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by whiterider
This is due to a broken bumpmap - I've never quite figured out exactly what's broken about bumpmaps which do that, but the bumpmap is the culprit. Maybe it's the wrong shade of grey? Maybe the wrong compression?

I think is more the wrong shade of grey.

I'll try to change the texture a little and make anothe bump.

Thank you!!!
Sockpuppet
#4 Old 15th Oct 2010 at 8:27 PM
it is indeed the normalmap.
Few things you might want to check:
*correct format?
*is it linked correctly(missing the normalmap will give similar results)
*Are all 3 lods updated with the same normalmap?
Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 16th Oct 2010 at 8:01 PM
Hi Base!

Yes, everything is allright. The problem was the texture (I had to re-make it).
Now, it has another issue wich I posted at the thread "Bottom mesh - seam How do I fix it?"
Scholar
Original Poster
#6 Old 17th Oct 2010 at 2:08 PM
Now, I'm having the same issue that Simlicious at the thread "bottom mesh seam- how do I fix it?" and tryed what Base sugested and it's not working - I selected the vertices and clicked the Normal Data Merge and nothing happens. The only plugin wich allows me to joint the vertices is Vertex Data Merge.

So, I have some questions:
Do all the WesHowe Sims 2 plugins for Milkshape should work fine for Sims 3 meshes?

How I'd say above, the only joint plugin which works for me is the Vertex Data Merge.

If the WesHowe's plugins should work fine for Sims 3, can somebody tell me what I'll have to do to make it work?

Could be this what is wrong for me and Simlicious?

I will be very grateful if someone could answer this, because, every frankenmesh that I try to do have the same problems happens: the seam.

Thank you all for the help and patience with me!
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#7 Old 17th Oct 2010 at 2:36 PM
The problem you posted in the other thread is a morph issue - that's not the problem the OP was asking for help with, they just posted that to show what went wrong with a different tool. If this is a frankenmesh, have you doublechecked that the morphs are all numbered the same etc? Have you made new meshes with working morphs before (I just ask so we know whether you have some idea how it works, or no idea )?

Scholar
Original Poster
#8 Old 17th Oct 2010 at 4:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by whiterider
The problem you posted in the other thread is a morph issue - that's not the problem the OP was asking for help with, they just posted that to show what went wrong with a different tool. If this is a frankenmesh, have you doublechecked that the morphs are all numbered the same etc? Have you made new meshes with working morphs before (I just ask so we know whether you have some idea how it works, or no idea )?

I'm so sorry, I think I was not very clear in my questions.

I'll try to separate the questions and to clear my points.

First question: for this mesh, I used top and bottom nude. So, in game it appears like this:

I used the nude because, it seems that the seam will not show (in the post #1 of this thread, the seam is not showing). But, when I put the body in game, happened what you could see at pics above.
So, can we use the nude base to build clothing (top, bottom or full body) without this issue?

Second question:

Everytime I try to make a frankenmesh joining top and bottom or whatever kind of pieces, the seam appears.
"If this is a frankenmesh, have you doublechecked that the morphs are all numbered the same etc?"
Yes, I ever doublechek it because if one of the morphs has a different number, when I'll go import, there is an error message (in TSRW).
"Have you made new meshes with working morphs before?"
Yes, I've done some experiments in which happens what I said above: the seam appears (That's why I tried using the nude parts), which leads me to a new question:

In the Simlicious thread, BlommsBase indicated a thread where he teachs how to make a pregnant morph using Normal Data Plugin, including teaching how to make a shortcut for it. Well, in my Milkshape, the Normal Data Merge plugin not works; to join the pieces, the only one which works is the Vertex Data Merge.
So, do all the WesHowe Sims 2 plugins for Milkshape should work fine for Sims 3 meshes?
If the WesHowe's plugins should work fine for Sims 3, could you tell me what I'll have to do to make it works please?

Sorry for the big number of questions, but it will solve a lot of problems.

Thank you very, very much for the patience and help!! :lovestruc
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#9 Old 17th Oct 2010 at 5:11 PM
You mean the sort of gap at the waist? I think that's a morphs issue too - if you put the sim to exactly 0% muscle and 50% fat, do you still see the seam?

Cmar has already explained about the normal data plugin in the other thread, and he did so better than I could. That plugin only affects the way the mesh reflects light, not the vertices themselves. I don't remember Base's tutorial using that plugin, but he can answer better than I can on that too.

All the Unimesh tools except the ones for splitting seams(?) work fine for TS3 as well as TS2. I think the problem is that you're trying to use them to do things that they can't do.

Sockpuppet
#10 Old 17th Oct 2010 at 6:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by monca533
I'm so sorry, I think I was not very clear in my questions.

I'll try to separate the questions and to clear my points.

First question: for this mesh, I used top and bottom nude. So, in game it appears like this:

I used the nude because, it seems that the seam will not show (in the post #1 of this thread, the seam is not showing). But, when I put the body in game, happened what you could see at pics above.
So, can we use the nude base to build clothing (top, bottom or full body) without this issue?

Second question:

Everytime I try to make a frankenmesh joining top and bottom or whatever kind of pieces, the seam appears.
"If this is a frankenmesh, have you doublechecked that the morphs are all numbered the same etc?"
Yes, I ever doublechek it because if one of the morphs has a different number, when I'll go import, there is an error message (in TSRW).
"Have you made new meshes with working morphs before?"
Yes, I've done some experiments in which happens what I said above: the seam appears (That's why I tried using the nude parts), which leads me to a new question:

In the Simlicious thread, BlommsBase indicated a thread where he teachs how to make a pregnant morph using Normal Data Plugin, including teaching how to make a shortcut for it. Well, in my Milkshape, the Normal Data Merge plugin not works; to join the pieces, the only one which works is the Vertex Data Merge.
So, do all the WesHowe Sims 2 plugins for Milkshape should work fine for Sims 3 meshes?
If the WesHowe's plugins should work fine for Sims 3, could you tell me what I'll have to do to make it works please?

Sorry for the big number of questions, but it will solve a lot of problems.

Thank you very, very much for the patience and help!! :lovestruc

Uh, Read the thread you started once here:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=408803
You can NOT frenkenstein tops and bottoms and put both in one group.(without making new morphs for it, its asking for trouble)
Its already discussed many times.

If you want to frenkenstein read post 26 and use a outfit that has 2 meshgroups
Scholar
Original Poster
#11 Old 17th Oct 2010 at 11:24 PM
Whiteder and Base:
First, I have to thank you very much for all your help and to say that I made a stupid mistake: althought of the Base advices, I forgot of to export/import the LOD2 and LOD3 when I was making the body.

I remade it (using teh top/bottom nude) and it's works fine.

I finally understood the Normal Data Merge plugin (my fart brain thought that the function of it was join the vertices... ).

Like all this forum threads, this and the Simlicious taught me a lot of things.

Once more, thank you and forgive my dullness!!...

Here is a pcture of the body:
Screenshots