Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#26 Old 6th Mar 2012 at 6:11 PM
Alright I was going to do them all, but I like being sane.
http://s1058.photobucket.com/albums...mview=slideshow
As you can see, they range from pretty alright, so fugly - but they way they look and there class make sense.

Interesting fact: I've never seen EA do this before, but some of the cheap home (with Sims in them) have trash in them.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Advertisement
Scholar
#27 Old 6th Mar 2012 at 6:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
As you can see, they range from pretty alright, so fugly - but they way they look and there class make sense.

Interesting fact: I've never seen EA do this before, but some of the cheap home (with Sims in them) have trash in them.

O_O Oh... oh god... that last girl, with the blonde twin braids... what is wrong with her FACE?

The Love Legacy A Random Legacy Challenge Blog - Currently in Progress
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 6th Mar 2012 at 6:16 PM
Hmm, I think no one in town is a 'celebrity' Kind of find it odd/annoying that there isn't the movie lot/actors in town, since this new place seems like California to me.
Mad Poster
#29 Old 6th Mar 2012 at 6:18 PM
Empty Lots:
Residential:
1 64x64 (in the hills)
2 40x40 (in the hills)
1 25x25 (downtown)
1 40x38 -_- (Cliffside)

Community:
1 60x60 (Cliffside)

As you already know, there is VERY little room for expansion. :/

Scholar
#30 Old 6th Mar 2012 at 6:18 PM
Lolol, I wondered the same thing about her face too, lolol... in all honesty though, I think these townies look better than the Bridgeport lot - had to go through all of them and re-do each one, they were so fugly to me, lolol...
Thanks for the pics, matrix54

...Titanium white...
Mad Poster
#31 Old 6th Mar 2012 at 6:22 PM
Your Welcome - now I have no idea what to take pictures of next. It's all laggy and stuff, but my game has always been that way.

Any requests, within reason. :p

Top Secret Researcher
#32 Old 6th Mar 2012 at 6:23 PM
I just got mine installed. I thought it was kind of dumb that the installation process asked for my code...considering I downloaded the game through Origin, and the code was right there on the info screen. I've never had to do that before, it's always just started installing automatically after downloading if the game was through Origin.

Here's a list of the new lots available:
Instructor
#33 Old 6th Mar 2012 at 6:26 PM

Oh my god, it's E.T.

Seriously though, why are EA townies so ugly? D:
I always have to kill off the premades and populate the towns with my own sims.

♥ ❤ ❥ Tumblr (which I never update) ♥ ❤ ❥
My Blog
Top Secret Researcher
#34 Old 6th Mar 2012 at 6:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Misanthrope
Oh my god, it's E.T.
Holy cow, it sure is
Mad Poster
#35 Old 6th Mar 2012 at 6:35 PM
Random Facts and About Big Show Shells:
Big Shows:
The crowd marker is 30 x 20. O_O
They are composed of empty, oversized rooms, 4 storys up
The only enterance for the shell is the backdoor.

It's the most depressing thing ever. <_<

There's also a second page tab for the other categories in buy mode.

Mad Poster
#36 Old 6th Mar 2012 at 6:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Misanthrope

Oh my god, it's E.T.

Seriously though, why are EA townies so ugly? D:
I always have to kill off the premades and populate the towns with my own sims.

Got dammit! I just got through eating, can you all give a fellow simmer a warning before you show stuff like this?

*Is feeling queasy*

Glad the motivation wasn't there to get this EP. Still haven't inquired to my game shop about it. I know the manager is wondering where is the old, crazy, hair all over her head, lady screaming that she wants the new EP on Monday before the release?

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Mad Poster
#37 Old 6th Mar 2012 at 6:52 PM
I must say that after killing off a large portion of the town with MasterController, my experience is going a lot better. I mean, why should I lag myself out with ugly sims? (My game is running smoothly, and my eyes are no longer bleeding.)
Instructor
#38 Old 6th Mar 2012 at 7:01 PM
Random Facts and About Big Show Shells:
Big Shows:
They are composed of empty, oversized rooms, 4 storys up
The only enterance for the shell is the backdoor.

It's the most depressing thing ever. <_<

There's also a second page tab for the other categories in buy mode.

Can you post a picture of what the empty shell looks like, so that builders can get an idea of what there is to work with?

Cagley Family Legacy (A Random Legacy Challenge)
Scholar
#39 Old 6th Mar 2012 at 7:27 PM
Is the coffeehouse a rabbithole? a community lot? or a combination of both? I saw the Flying V listed (on SimsVIP) as if it were a rabbithole, but people have been complaining about no barristas... so I'm confused.
Mad Poster
#40 Old 6th Mar 2012 at 7:40 PM
That first sim in the slideshow looks a lot like a good friend of mine.

Angie/DS | Baby Sterling - 24/2/2014
This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
Mad Poster
#41 Old 6th Mar 2012 at 7:42 PM
matrix54: lol at the pictures. Are you sure you took pictures of SS not your hillibilly game? those can't be the brightest stars of America.

What Periandre asked, is the coffee house a RH? can you buy take-away coffee? if yes, can you buy it from the register?

Also, what is the "dummy" crowds like? does it make your clubs look more filled? how do they interact, can you interact with them? or how do they work.

The rag to riches thing, is there any low end housing, low end deco, low end furniture that looks trashy?
Scholar
#42 Old 6th Mar 2012 at 7:49 PM
Mad Poster
#43 Old 6th Mar 2012 at 7:58 PM
cameranutz2: thanks for the pictures, I really liked the ad with the two girls with a coke. I hope it's a spoiler for future bottle drinking. Sims don't really drink from bottles, except in TS2 you could drink water from the bar.

There were a few nice looking community lots and low end houses but other than that, the town looks quite dull.
Scholar
#44 Old 6th Mar 2012 at 8:16 PM
Does the dummy crowds thing mean your town winds up with fifty billion new sims generated every time you have a concert? Because if so, KILL IT WITH FIRE.

Snickerson: a Random Legacy Challenge. There are zebras involved. Zebras.
Mad Poster
#45 Old 6th Mar 2012 at 8:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ani_
matrix54: lol at the pictures. Are you sure you took pictures of SS not your hillibilly game? those can't be the brightest stars of America.

What Periandre asked, is the coffee house a RH? can you buy take-away coffee? if yes, can you buy it from the register?

Also, what is the "dummy" crowds like? does it make your clubs look more filled? how do they interact, can you interact with them? or how do they work.

The rag to riches thing, is there any low end housing, low end deco, low end furniture that looks trashy?

The Sims in town look the way they live, to put it simply.

I'll try my hardest to test out the dummy crowds. I really will.

-The "coffeehouse" rabbithole does nothing new. It's a new "diner". It even looks like a diner (on the inside).

-The only really low end item that I've seen in the game is a stack of news papers Sims can sit on, which is quite cheap. There's also a plain, but not exactly cheap bed. But, it's stats say otherwise.

Oh, and you CAN buy drink on the new community lots, but it's nothing like LN. There needs to be a proprietor on the lot - i'm not sure how that works out, I haven't played it enough yet -and you have to find him/her (hopefully, somewhere near the bar, but I think you can call him/her), and then ask for a drink. Then you WAIT for the Sims to find the bar, and get you a drink (hand delivered to you). It's not coffee, but it's something, I guess. They get the "juiced" moodlet when ordering drinks.

Quote: Originally posted by Zokugai
Does the dummy crowds thing mean your town winds up with fifty billion new sims generated every time you have a concert? Because if so, KILL IT WITH FIRE.

I'll test that now.

Inventor
#46 Old 6th Mar 2012 at 8:18 PM

Actually I like that when sims aren't all beautiful.

You never know what’s comin’ for ya.
Test Subject
#47 Old 6th Mar 2012 at 8:24 PM
I am loving it! I can't remember the last time I had so much fun initially with an EP. Maybe World Adventures? Perhaps Weather before that in TS2?
Theorist
#48 Old 6th Mar 2012 at 8:45 PM
matrix, about that crowd spawner, how useful is it?
I mean can we just plop a few down in nightclubs to get busy clubs?

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Scholar
#49 Old 6th Mar 2012 at 8:45 PM
I actually quite like the look of the town. Possibly because I'm from Florida. I see palm trees and my subconscious goes "Oh this isn't that bad..."

Snickerson: a Random Legacy Challenge. There are zebras involved. Zebras.
Field Researcher
#50 Old 6th Mar 2012 at 9:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cameranutz2
Moar pics via PB slideshow...

http://s248.photobucket.com/albums/...mview=slideshow

Thanks for the pics, really nice! I actually like the community lots and RHS, but the houses... meh. Anyway, you can't expect too much from EA houses. They at least did good job with community lots design. And landscape. We'll see, what can be done to improve this little town...

[QUOTE=matrix54]Random Facts and About Big Show Shells:
Big Shows:
QUOTE]
O_o, why the hell so big! I do have a huge empty lot await in my current town (wanted to make a park there, but saved it in case i need it for SHT, and it was the righ thing to do, as I see now). Anyway, they could've made this marker smaller, at least a bit.
Page 2 of 18