Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Dec 2014 at 6:41 PM
Default If you play with ACR and/or inteen and longer lifespans how have you got it to work?
I've tried following the tutorials and just can't get it to do anything different at all. But I'm fed up of my sims becoming infertile by their mid twenties I don't know if it's an ACR conflict or an Inteen one, or what. I know about BO's ageing mod and I would use that, but it's the proportions of the Maxis ageing which bugs me, so that doesn't work alone. I suppose perhaps if I rearranged the earlier days and then let them age once every other day...

What have other people done? Are there modded versions floating around anywhere? My age span is roughly 150-200% of the lifespan of Maxis original ageing but the proportions are different. Details under the cut.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 18th Dec 2014 at 6:48 PM
Are they still infertile if you manually impregnate them with a cheat object like the Tombstone of L and D or the Sim Blender? Or is it just that their chance of pregnancy from woohoo goes to zero?
Mad Poster
#3 Old 18th Dec 2014 at 6:55 PM
I use Inteen and Real Life mod. According to me, this is perfect. You can set real life or not, for each sims. You can change seasons, month, days. It works for pets, and babies.
There are some times when sims won't be fertile, (at 23??)in those cases..subtract a year, or add 2.. etc and you have a fertile sim again. This is easy, simple and amazing.
I strongly recommend.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Undead Molten Llama
#4 Old 18th Dec 2014 at 9:51 PM
In my age-modded neighborhoods, I use Almighty Hat's mod. For people who use ACR, she also modded the main ACR controller to match so that the fertility curve is realistic when used with the aging mod. So, even if you don't use that particular age mod, it is obviously possible to further mod the ACR controller to make it match whatever mod you do use. I don't know how to do that, myself, but I imagine people who are comfortable with screwing around with mods would know how. Or, I imagine Hat might be open to answering questions, if she's around at the moment.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 18th Dec 2014 at 11:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lella27
Are they still infertile if you manually impregnate them with a cheat object like the Tombstone of L and D or the Sim Blender? Or is it just that their chance of pregnancy from woohoo goes to zero?

No it's just ACR pregnancy which is at zero. You can get them pregnant manually no problem, but I want them to be able to get pregnant via ACR.

I don't really want to change my age spans, I'm happy with the life span I have set up. It's just the ACR I want to tweak. Thank you for the Hat Plays Sims link, though! I'd seen that before but her age span is longer than mine, so that version of ACR wouldn't work for me either. I'd love to mod it in the same way but unfortunately there are no instructions about how to do this. I found an old thread on Simbology where somebody gave instructions but (firstly) I followed these and they didn't work, and (secondly) they didn't seem to make sense with the numbers I have. (The original values are minimum 22 days and maximum 65 days, which should work perfectly with my age spans but doesn't.)

Edit: OOOOHHH. I did not see the comments on that post before. I am so unobservant! OK that gives me something to be going on with (Edit2: And it's "mathy". I think my Christmas just came early )

Undead Molten Llama
#6 Old 19th Dec 2014 at 12:50 AM Last edited by iCad : 19th Dec 2014 at 1:03 AM.
Yeah, I'm sorry. I should have pointed you at the comment about how to mod the ACR controller, since that's what you'll want to do to make it jive with your age mod. I see folks talking all over the place about age mods not being compatible with ACR's native fertility curve, and it's true that they aren't. I think more people just need to be made aware that ACR's fertility curve can be modified. I'm happy with Hat's mod, though, so I don't have to do any extra work.

Oh, and for the record, Hat's modified ACR controller works just fine for me with ACR V2, which is what I have, at least in terms of keeping the wimmens fertile all through their adulthood. The percentages might be a little wonky because V2 calculates a little differently than V2 (V2 adds additional factors besides just how old the Sim is), but in one of my age-modded hoods I had a female Sim preggo late in her adulthood, 90-some days in. If the modded controller wasn't working in some way, that wouldn't have happened. So, I'm not sure if anything like that was ever said in the comments about Hat's mod. So, if you mod it yourself, I'm thinking it should work just fine, whichever version of ACR you have.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Test Subject
#7 Old 20th Dec 2014 at 7:21 PM
I found an old thread on Simbology where somebody gave instructions but (firstly) I followed these and they didn't work, and (secondly) they didn't seem to make sense with the numbers I have. (The original values are minimum 22 days and maximum 65 days, which should work perfectly with my age spans but doesn't.)???
LX0-101 brain dumps
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#8 Old 21st Dec 2014 at 11:28 AM
Well I've stuck Hat's controller in for now. The age spans are obviously longer than mine but it works better for now and doesn't seem to be breaking anything. Perhaps I'll think about modding it again when I get fed up of 50 year olds having babies :P

Undead Molten Llama
#9 Old 21st Dec 2014 at 11:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsfreq
Well I've stuck Hat's controller in for now. The age spans are obviously longer than mine but it works better for now and doesn't seem to be breaking anything. Perhaps I'll think about modding it again when I get fed up of 50 year olds having babies :P

You could just make them infertile using the ACR adjuster at a certain age, when you decide that they've hit menopause. Then you wouldn't have to mod the controller at all. Although I'm not sure which method would be more work in the end.

Field Researcher
#10 Old 21st Dec 2014 at 2:35 PM
Even with Hat's downloads. Either with ACR or ACR2 I could never get a fertility curve, it goes down, but never up, but apparently it works for everyone else, so I probably have a conflict or something. Anyway, because of this I edited the multiplier in ACR2, it was less typing and thhere was no advantage to editing the days and fertility for the previously mentioned reasons.