Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Jun 2011 at 9:23 PM
Default Switching clothes from the outfit category to top category
Is it possible? I used a dress's mesh to create a long, baggy tank top. Once I switched its category from Outfit to Top, it does appear as a top. However, the Bottom mesh wouldn't show up and its texture would appear on the Top's mesh instead. Does that make sense? :/
Advertisement
Instructor
Original Poster
#2 Old 30th Jun 2011 at 10:06 PM
Also, this dress mesh seems to have a built-in bump map or something and I can't seem to be able to remove it. Even if I add another bump map, it'll just overlay on top. :/ Is there away to overwrite this bump map?
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#3 Old 30th Jun 2011 at 11:12 PM
I don't know why the bottom mesh wouldn't show up, as long as you, y'know, deleted the legs and so on. The texture is overlapping because the top is still mapped so that it uses up some of the space on the texture reserved for the bottom - you'd have to alter the UVMap to fix that.

Perhaps the problem with the mesh not showing up is related to VertexIDs, though I've not seen overlaps cause this specific problem before.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Instructor
Original Poster
#4 Old 1st Jul 2011 at 12:10 AM
thanks wr. The bottom mesh did show up, actually. Just that its texture goes onto the top instead. I do think it's indeed because of the top's UV map. Tried importing another top's UV map into the mesh but that didn't work out because the numbers of vertices are different. :/ guess I'll have to shift the UV map area that's supposed to be for the bottom down to an area that's going to be made invisible by the alpha, and then stretch the top wayyy down so that it still ends of looking like a long tank top. sigh.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 5th Jul 2011 at 3:16 PM
Hi. Which EA top did you clone to create your long tank? Depending on which top you've cloned, you can make it so that your top texture shows above or below the Bottoms texture.

Bottom textures will overlap a top that is meant to be tucked in, such as 'afTopShirtFittedTuck'. You should try cloning a top like 'afTopSleevelessOverhangLong' or 'afTopTunicKimonoSleeve' both of which are longer, untucked tops. When you import your mesh and textures, the bottom textures should not show up on your top at all. If this works, you shouldn't need to adjust your top's UV map.