Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Icy Spicy
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Mar 2015 at 10:19 PM
Default Adding Inventory to Barista Bar
How can I add an inventory to an object?Specifically I want to add an inventory to the BaristaBar from University Life similar to the inventory function of Professional bar(BarProfessionalPub)from LateNight.I would also like to add custom harvestables to it so I can make Custom beverages? I have looked into the XML data of both files but am at a loss.I did not find any tutorial for the above.If I have overlooked any can anybody point me to it?

p.s.:I am only familiar with beginner level modding.
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 16th Mar 2015 at 12:34 PM Last edited by Arsil : 16th Mar 2015 at 12:44 PM.
Adding an inventory to an existing object eh? Not sure about that... but maybe it's possible.

I'd try with a pure scripting mod, of course, and add to every existing BaristaBar (and newly bought ones, with an event handler)
Code:
// bb is an object of class BaristaBar
if (!bb.HasInventory)
{
  bb.AddComponent<InventoryComponent>(new object[] { MaxInventoryCapacity });
}

This is just theory, I haven't tried. And it's only a little piece to achieve what you want to do
(you'll need custom interactions to open/furnish the inventory and to actually use the objects
in the bar's inventory to make drinks/whatever).

It's not a beginner friendly project if you are new to scripting, but, hey, I'm just saying this
for preparing you, I don't want to discourage you ^^
Icy Spicy
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Mar 2015 at 5:29 PM
I suspected as much !Thanks for the help and guidance :lovestruc .I will try and see how far I can get.I am just happy that I will get to learn new things on the way .I will go and familiarize myself with some scripting tutorials now.