Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
#51 Old 28th Aug 2014 at 7:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by H.O.W
Well, i'm buying the game. Guess I'm too stupid to realize how terrible it is and I'm willing to buy this turd.

Not going to argue with you over that.

TS2 and TS3: Where adult sims potty train their toddlers.
TS4: Where adult sims make Angry Poops.

Which game is made for the juvenile minded?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#52 Old 28th Aug 2014 at 7:18 AM Last edited by VerDeTerre : 28th Aug 2014 at 7:29 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by zigersimmer
Seriously. This? Seriously.

Not funny. Can't we talk about the game and EA without attacking the players? Or without attacking?

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Forum Resident
#53 Old 28th Aug 2014 at 9:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by VerDeTerre

Not funny. Can't we talk about the game and EA without attacking the players? Or without attacking?

No, zigersimmer has proven time and again that they only feel good and validated in their opinion if they can put down other people.

You see if you insult others they are more likely to listen to your point of view. Who needs basic politeness? *rolleyes*

....so says the Phoenix! ♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Lab Assistant
#54 Old 28th Aug 2014 at 9:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by zigersimmer

I know what Rachel would have to say:

Quote:
All of a sudden it became uncomfortable, because it took it from a fun gesture to ‘I am an abuser’. That’s not acceptable.

You, zigersimmer, made my spider sense tingle.

Mad Poster
#55 Old 28th Aug 2014 at 12:34 PM
I don't want to be angry with anyone, I just want our community back.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Test Subject
#56 Old 28th Aug 2014 at 1:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ElementMK
Amid the deluge of missing features and general bad news, I'd like to take some time to step back and see how the missing features will affect TS4, now and in the future. I'll hit some of the big ones, and I invite you guys to add your own and let me know if you don't think my reasoning holds up.

- Toddlers: While it sucks that toddlers won't be in the game at launch, I see only two real possibilities: Either they're gone until TS5, or they're going to be patched in. There's several reasons why I think they would not be introduced in an EP. First of all, EA does not have difficulty selling expansions. They don't need to repackage toddlers in an EP when they'll receive much less backlash for repackaging old EPs for the third (or even fourth) time. The most likely scenario I can see is that they'll patch in toddlers and basic toddler items, and have a Generations-themed EP hit the market around the same time that expands the stuff toddlers can do. This will also open up the ability to keep toddlers in mind with more EPs. If they were packaged in an EP, I imagine it would go the same way it did for young adults in TS2, which really never fit into the game after University.

- Pools: It could go either way with pools. On one hand, base TS3 did not have hot tubs without Late Night. On the other, TS3 later patched in basements (that were even easier to use than TS2 basements). TS3 also had the diving board patched into the base game (remember that drama?), which coincided with the release of Seasons. Given their track record, I'm definitely in the "patched in" camp for pools, and I would also expect them to have a bunch of pool party stuff, like slides and pool bars in an EP or SP around the same time. Everybody wins, for the most part.

- Loading Screens: While losing the open world sucks, TS3's open world wasn't great to begin with. Especially as expansions piled on, the first 15-20 seconds in a lot involved watching white cubes magically transform into objects. Even once the lot was loaded, it typically took ages for other Sims to mysteriously rush to your location and fill up the lot. That's assuming other Sims bothered to visit, anyway. I have many memories of sending a Sim for a night out on the town where the only two people at the bar were my Sim and the DJ. If TS4's loading screens can give the game time to fill up community lots with other Sims and remove texture popping, it might be for the better. Ideally, I wish they would have improved the open world from TS3, but hope in one hand, etc.

- Terrain Editing: It's either a patch or nothing. It just doesn't make sense to make this part of an EP, as it would unleash issues unto eternity for every EP and piece of custom content released after it.

I agree with you that toddlers will be added as a patch at the same time as an EP containing more family life objects and interactions. And likely pools too.
Scholar
#57 Old 28th Aug 2014 at 3:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by shaposh2012
I agree with you that toddlers will be added as a patch at the same time as an EP containing more family life objects and interactions. And likely pools too.

To be honest this is not a realistic point of view, changing the coding and the game engine to add toddlers will take a bit more work than changing the coding so the game will run offline as was the case with Sim City 2013. EA will most likely if they don't keep insisting their game is "absolutely perfect" and "we made the game we wanted to" and " the fans will love it" and not adding toddlers at all (which given their record is the most likely scenario) put the toddlers themselves in an EP or in the store as paid content.

Just because they gave away free stuff after the Sim City 2013 debacle does not mean they will continue to do so. For one thing Sim City 2013 is a simulator more along the lines of Sid Meier's Civilization, or Cities XL e.g. a strategy simulator- and thus a "REAL" videogame. The Sims (as in the Life Simulation) has never been considered a "REAL" videogame just as for the most part the public, and most game developers have never considered the average player of the Sims series (outside Sim City) "REALgamers" .. According to EA's sunshiney happy view of everything the Sims franchise is little different from Flo's Diner (as is shown by the fact that Franklin has been placed in charge of it) and Simmers are all either 12 year old girls who love Barbie, or fat 40 year old housewives depending on if you are Rachel (12's) or Graham (Fat 40 year olds)... They already released their freebie (TS2 Ultimate) that will make all of the "Wittle Simmers pway nice after dey find out dey haveta go wifout toddwers and poows" After all we must play nice mustn't we.
Forum Resident
#58 Old 29th Aug 2014 at 12:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by VerDeTerre

Nope, this game is really important to some players. They think this is some fight they have to win or something. It doesn't bother me in the slightest, it's really amusing to me.
Test Subject
#59 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 10:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TotallyJW
@virgalibabe - Yes, that was what I meant. I'm aware that it would very hard to pull off, even with a good (read: not EA) team behind the wheel. And I agree that most TS3 store items were trainwrecks, both in regards to pricing and functionality. I think the place I'm coming from is that I can't get Generations b/c of imaginary friends, I can't get Supernatural b/c of zombies, and I can't get University b/c of social groups, and it annoys me to no end, because they sound like awesome EPs. But you're right that alternative might be even worse..

You'd probably be ok with those EPs though. Zombies only arrive on full moons, and you can set your lunar cycle to avoid them if you're willing to sacrifice werewolf transformations. Imaginary friends only turn up if you get your toddler to have a really high relationship with a special doll that you sometimes get in the mail, so no doll interaction, no imaginary friend. As for social groups,you can ignore them and not get involved, you'll climb the ladder a little bit as part of a degree, but to get far up the ladder you have to have your Sims do certain tasks or buy a lifetime reward. I only play them because I want the extra trait you get to choose once you get to level 8. If you graduate uni as well you can get yet another trait. I hate sending Sims to uni really but I want 7 traits instead of 5 cause then my Sims are more multi-layered
Page 3 of 3