Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Dec 2013 at 4:39 PM Last edited by Phaenoh : 7th Feb 2014 at 4:41 PM.
Default Runaway Teen Challenge for TS2
Hi, this is my first challenge. If any of you guys play TS3 challenges you may have heard of the runaway teen challenge. I was thinking "Why isn't there one for the sims 2?" I suggest getting Sims2Sims2's live camera mod by sims2sims2 so you can place your lots anywhere, you don't have to have this though

Rules:
1. Every time you take a taxi you use family funds to take away $5
2. You can only get food by gardening or fishing
3. For your lot you should have a campfire (download here: www.thesims2graveyard.com/pcsims go to business/type stuff, it will be in there)
and a tent
4. To get just a teen make an adult and your teen for your challenge, don't make him/her wear fancy custom clothes, if you see any ripped clothing, use that, and their hair shouldn't be too fancy either.
After that place a small lot and kill off the adult any way you want
5. Your sim can only talk to other teens, pets and children
6. Skip school because, realistically, the teacher would like to know where you live, and if you tell them your a runaway they'll call the police
7. No money cheats unless you are taking away taxi money or you are setting your amount to $5 or $10

Please feel free to tell me if you like the challenge or what happened once to your runaway teen
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 8th Dec 2013 at 11:43 AM
Seems like an interesting challenge, but it needs some more information.

You haven't specified what ends the challenge or what scores points and takes away points or what denotes a failed challenge.

Are teens allowed to earn money in any way e.g. taking a teen job? What money do they start with? Are they allowed to buy anything?

Can you make an adult in CAS and age them down instead of killing off the parent or can you move the parent out instead of killing them?

Are there items that teens aren't allowed such as phones, electrical things etc.?
Field Researcher
#3 Old 11th Dec 2013 at 8:16 AM
It seems interesting.
But as @Charity said,we need more informations.
And i have another question.Can teens go to community lots? xD
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 4th Feb 2014 at 12:30 AM Last edited by Phaenoh : 7th Feb 2014 at 4:34 PM.
Default The Teen Runaway House Challenge... thingy
Hey guys. My first challenge, so please feel free to help. This is going to be part of a huge project that you can make a neighborhood out of. Any, let's get down to business.
This is a challenge that can involve all your sim families. It's awesome. Firstly, you'll need some sort of sims teleporter/teen moving out thing (if you do the moving out, use familyfunds to get rid of any money).
Then, you'll need to build your squat house. I don't really care how you decorate it, although it must be on a 1x3 2x2, 2x3, or 3x3 plot. I made mine dingy to add more of an abandoned feel. I also used the cheapest possible stuff.
Next thing is to move in your teens. You won't make them in CAS. You'll use teens from your neighborhood. That's right, your precious perfect family's teen? That's it, they are stuck in the squat house. I put some of my family's sims that I was really attached to. Lol
Then they will have to survive untill they grow up. But that's not it.

HOW TO GET TAKEN BACK HOME:
Your sims can return to their families if any of the following happens. Note: This will cause you to lose points.
1. A relative or roomate of the sim in question walks by if that sim is at the house (Not work or school)
2. A relative or roomie of the teen calls while they are at the house.
3. A best friend of any sim that has visited the sim in question's home come home from work/school.
4. A relative comes home from work/school. If it is a teen sim, and the sim has over 75/75 relationship, flip a coin. If heads, that sim decides to keep the secret and your sim doen't have to go home.

SCORING:
I will work on that later, have to eat right now.

Rules:
Again, later.

I am taking suggestions for this challenge. I gtg. Bye and try and play!
Mad Poster
#5 Old 7th Feb 2014 at 2:33 AM
Come back: so what's the rest of the story? The challenge part? Rules?
What do you mean "if a roommate walks by" - a roommate (someone that lives in the same house) WON'T "walk by". Seems like it should just be: if the sim is in the house and a relative WALKS IN, or calls - BUSTED! they must move back home. If they are at a community lot and a relative shows up, they have to leave at once; if the relative tries to talk to them - BUSTED! Does a sim EVER bring a relative home from work? What about a child/teen coming home from school? Sounds POSSIBLE, but don't think I've ever seen it.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 9th Feb 2014 at 10:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
Come back: so what's the rest of the story? The challenge part? Rules?
What do you mean "if a roommate walks by" - a roommate (someone that lives in the same house) WON'T "walk by". Seems like it should just be: if the sim is in the house and a relative WALKS IN, or calls - BUSTED! they must move back home. If they are at a community lot and a relative shows up, they have to leave at once; if the relative tries to talk to them - BUSTED! Does a sim EVER bring a relative home from work? What about a child/teen coming home from school? Sounds POSSIBLE, but don't think I've ever seen it.

Regan Capp came home with Goneril Capp every day (or viceversa). They were both in the Lawyer career.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 9th Feb 2014 at 11:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
Does a sim EVER bring a relative home from work?

Rarely but not all the time they do. Usually it's just a Townie, but if you're really lucky, you'll get a relative.

Желаю счастья и успехов для всех олимпийцев - I wish you happiness and success for all Olympians
Formerly "ZedzKay" - Thank you Leefish <3

I live on the forums.
Thank you to all creators for the CC that is available for me and for everyone
Test Subject
#8 Old 12th Mar 2014 at 6:46 PM
I agree. This challenge DOES seem interesting but with so little information how can anybody do anything with this challenge. The rules are all over the place and nothing is clear at all. Have you tested out your idea yet in your own game to see if this would be doable?
Field Researcher
#9 Old 1st Apr 2014 at 2:52 AM
Only one problem in sims 2 Teen sims cannot live on their own.
Scholar
#10 Old 1st Apr 2014 at 3:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CulMiku
Only one problem in sims 2 Teen sims cannot live on their own.

They can perfectly well live alone. The only things you cannot do are creating an unaccompanied teen sim in CAS and using the move out - option from the paper.
But move out all adults and you´ll see that it´s possible. (Teens are even able to rent apartments if I remember correctly.)
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 2nd Jun 2014 at 8:21 PM
i am totally going to try this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i am doing this challenge on ts3 so i know the full rules
it will be interesting in the sims 2 because there is no dumpsters so you cant find and sell
could you start with 100 simoleans ?
#12 Old 27th Sep 2014 at 3:31 PM
shall i just copy and paste ts3 runaway teen challenge rules and put it here for everyone who dosent know the sims 3 runawayteen challenge......
Mad Poster
#13 Old 27th Sep 2014 at 3:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ShannonSimmerYummyCookies
shall i just copy and paste ts3 runaway teen challenge rules and put it here for everyone who dosent know the sims 3 runawayteen challenge......
The OP has the rules listed at the top for the S2 challenge, so it's not really necessary to post the rules for another game. Was there a point of comparison that you wished to share?

I like the challenge, it sounds interesting! I rarely every play challenges, but when I'm in the mood for one, I'll know where to look.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.