Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Sims2Pack Clean Installer V1.6.22 (Updated Aug 2, 2014)

by Mootilda Posted 3rd Jul 2010 at 3:55 AM - Updated 2nd Aug 2014 at 10:28 PM by Mootilda

644 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 460 Feedback Posts, 183 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 7 of 26
Site Helper
Original Poster
#151 Old 7th Apr 2011 at 10:31 PM
Default How to Change the Default Save Game Install Folder
The newest version now allows you to override the default location where the Clean Installer will install your Sims2Packs and CC. With the newest version 1.6.14, you can open the S2PCI.ini file by double-clicking on it and then change the line:
SaveGamePath=""

to:
SaveGamePath="<path to your specific EA Games\The Sims 2 folder>"

For example, to set the install directory to your first AnyGame, you might type:
SaveGamePath="C:\My Documents\AnyGameStarter\AnyGame1\EA Games\The Sims 2"

To go back to the default save game location, change the line back to:
SaveGamePath=""
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#152 Old 10th Apr 2011 at 4:30 AM
I had the old version which I uninstalled a few weeks back. Now that I am trying to install the new version, it tells me I still have the old version. But it is no where to be found. What do I do?
Site Helper
Original Poster
#153 Old 10th Apr 2011 at 5:35 AM
Please try this: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=217787

This is a problem which has occurred since before I took over development the program. I'd love to understand what the problem is, but I've never been able to reproduce it.

If anyone has this problem, would you please let me know which registry entries remained after the uninstall, so that I can try to fix the uninstall process. Thanks!
Test Subject
#154 Old 18th Apr 2011 at 2:24 PM
I deleted the first version and installed the new one. When I try to open it, it comes up with a window intitled "Sims2PackClean Installer.exe - Common Language Runtime Debugging Services"
Then says:
Application has generated an exception that could not be handled.
Process id=0x1360(4960), Thread id= 0x 143c(5180)

What on earth does all this mean? It won't let me open it. In the meantime I will try and install again. Thanks for your support
Test Subject
#155 Old 18th Apr 2011 at 3:00 PM
On second reinstall it also tells me I have an existing version. Viewed thread re HKEY stuff - but don;t know how to do it. Just a dumb gamer I guess. Sorry to be such a pain
Site Helper
Original Poster
#156 Old 18th Apr 2011 at 4:34 PM
What is your operating system? Window XP, Vista, Window 7, MAC O/S? Do you have .NET installed correctly?

When you uninstalled the previous Clean Installer, did you reboot the machine before attempting to install again?

To remove the registry keys: From the Start menu, select Run. Type in regedit and click OK to start the registry editor.

If you are uncomfortable with this, there are also registry cleaners available for download on the internet. I can't recommend one, since I've never used them. Perhaps someone in the help forum could help you by recommending a good one.

Also, please don't double post.
Test Subject
#157 Old 19th Apr 2011 at 7:22 AM Last edited by beverley4647 : 19th Apr 2011 at 8:18 AM.
Thank you telling me how to do the regedt thing which I have done sucessfully. I am running XP. I have rebooted and reinstalled from zip I had on desktop and it now comes up with a window that says it has encounted a problem and needs to close. The only thing I haven't checked is the .net thing - but once again I am in the dark where and how to do this. I came so close to having it that time. Thank you

UPDATE:
I have done a repair download on the microsoft .Net, rebooted and tried again, but unfortunately it is still coming up with the same msg.This is the details of the error msg:
Message: SimPE will shutdown due to an unhandled Exception. SimPE Version:
Default (0.72.1.33855).

Exception Stack:
System.ArgumentException: Font 'Arial' does not support style 'Regular'.
at System.Drawing.Font.CreateNativeFont()
at System.Drawing.Font.Initialize(FontFamily family, Single emSize, FontStyle style, GraphicsUnit unit, Byte gdiCharSet, Boolean gdiVerticalFont)
at System.Drawing.Font.Initialize(String familyName, Single emSize, FontStyle style, GraphicsUnit unit, Byte gdiCharSet, Boolean gdiVerticalFont)
at System.Drawing.Font..ctor(String familyName, Single emSize, FontStyle style)
at Ambertation.Windows.Forms.BaseFontTable..ctor()
at Ambertation.Windows.Forms.WhidbeyRenderer..ctor()
at SimPe.MainForm.InitializeComponent()
at SimPe.MainForm..ctor()
at SimPe.MainForm.Main(String[] args)

Source:
System.Drawing

Execution Stack:
at System.Drawing.Font.CreateNativeFont()
at System.Drawing.Font.Initialize(FontFamily family, Single emSize, FontStyle style, GraphicsUnit unit, Byte gdiCharSet, Boolean gdiVerticalFont)
at System.Drawing.Font.Initialize(String familyName, Single emSize, FontStyle style, GraphicsUnit unit, Byte gdiCharSet, Boolean gdiVerticalFont)
at System.Drawing.Font..ctor(String familyName, Single emSize, FontStyle style)
at Ambertation.Windows.Forms.BaseFontTable..ctor()
at Ambertation.Windows.Forms.WhidbeyRenderer..ctor()
at SimPe.MainForm.InitializeComponent()
at SimPe.MainForm..ctor()
at SimPe.MainForm.Main(String[] args)

Windows Version:
WindowsXP

.NET Version:
Site Helper
Original Poster
#158 Old 19th Apr 2011 at 4:28 PM Last edited by Mootilda : 19th Apr 2011 at 4:45 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by beverley4647
"Font 'Arial' does not support style 'Regular'."
The program is having problems because it can't find the standard font that is installed with the operating system.

You have uninstalled the Ariel regular font on your machine. You need to reinstall it.

If you do not know how to reinstall a font from your operating system disks, please ask for help with this in the Computer & Software Technical Support forum:
http://www.modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=563
Test Subject
#159 Old 20th Apr 2011 at 7:08 AM
Thanks for your support. Altough my fonts file has (true fonts) under the arial namem there is also arial in my 2003 word. For some reason its opening mostly now
Enjoy your Easter
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#160 Old 3rd May 2011 at 9:18 PM
Where do you install it?
Site Helper
Original Poster
#161 Old 4th May 2011 at 12:27 AM Last edited by Mootilda : 4th May 2011 at 2:00 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by TeaXD
Where do you install it?
Wherever you want to install it.

If you don't have a strategy for the organization of files on your hard drive, you can always use the default installation directory.
Test Subject
#162 Old 7th May 2011 at 3:00 AM
Firstly, I just want to say how amazing this is! Thank-you so much!

I have a few questions,
firstly, what does it mean if the file, once it's selected to be downloaded is a shade of red? Does it mean it's broken?
And secondly, when I have all my folders that I want downloaded selected and I press 'OK', nothing seems to happen. Does, it just go automatically into the game, because when I usually install downloads it leaves a copy into my downloads folder.

Thanks again, I'm sorry if this seems somewhat confusing. I'm a huge gamer but pretty fresh with all of this stuff.
Site Helper
Original Poster
#163 Old 7th May 2011 at 3:18 AM
Looks like you need to read the quick start guide and manual at:
http://sims2pack.modthesims2.com/

This should explain the colors and how to use the program.

I'm confused by your terminology. What do you mean by "I have all my folders that I want downloaded selected and I press 'OK'"? Perhaps a screenshot would help me to understand what you're trying to say.
Test Subject
#164 Old 18th May 2011 at 7:49 PM
Default download problems
I've been having some problems with this new version. Well, actually, I'm not sure if it's the new version of Clean Installer or if it's the fact that I'm working on a different computer which runs Windows 7. On my laptop, which was a Windows Vista, I used to have Clean Installer and had no problems with the download OR running it. Now that I've downloaded the new version on my desktop, it gives me some problems. The download itself goes fine, but when I click on the program to open it I get this initial prompt:

Upon clicking "Yes", I then get THIS message- every time:

I've removed and re-downloaded this program SEVERAL times, all with the same result. My boyfriend even tried the other versions, with the hopes that they would work, but they all ended up doing this same thing. What can I do?
Site Helper
Original Poster
#165 Old 18th May 2011 at 10:12 PM Last edited by Mootilda : 19th May 2011 at 2:08 AM.
Try the no-install version.

Are you running 64-bit Windows 7?
Test Subject
#166 Old 19th May 2011 at 5:26 PM Last edited by k.marie_me : 19th May 2011 at 5:41 PM.
We tried that and got the same result. Yes we are running the 64-bit Windows 7. I'm not very skilled in system codes or whatnot, so if there's a really technical way of having to use this program, you'll probably have to explain it to me in some serious depth.
Site Helper
Original Poster
#167 Old 19th May 2011 at 6:13 PM
My original suspicion was that the windows shell extension was failing to register itself during installation. However, if you are getting the same error with the no-install version, then that can't be the problem.

So, at this point I have no idea what you are doing wrong. The error message that you're getting is completely useless. Is there any way that you can get more information about the error from your system?

Perhaps you'd better explain exactly what you did to add the no-install version to your system (step by step, including full paths and file names with extensions), and exactly what you are doing when you get the error.
Test Subject
#168 Old 19th May 2011 at 7:25 PM
The error message itself contained no details as to why the program wasn't working correctly. As far as the no install version, all I did ((since I'm not extremely literate with technical installations)) was to click on the application itself in the folder.

It immediately brought up the same message, and didn't run the program. What steps exactly should I take when working with the no install version? I had read the thread about the no install version for Windows XP, but wasn't sure if I should follow those steps since I'm running Windows 7. I know that I probably sound like a complete invalid, but I'm just so unaware of scripting and such that you're really going to have to guide me through this.
Site Helper
Original Poster
#169 Old 19th May 2011 at 7:39 PM
OK, I believe that I see your problem. You are not extracting things from the zip file before running them, but are instead trying to run them from inside of the zip file. This will not work.

First try downloading the regular version (Sims2PackInstaller.zip) to your hard drive. Extract Sims2PackInstaller_v16_14.exe from the zip file to somewhere on your hard drive (for example, your desktop). Then, run Sims2PackInstaller_v16_14.exe from your hard drive. Once the installation is complete, you can remove the installer (Sims2PackInstaller_v16_14.exe) from your hard drive.

If that doesn't work, try the same thing with the no-install version. First, download Sims2PackInstaller_NoInstall.zip. Then, create a new folder on your hard drive (I usually call the new folder "Sims2Pack Clean Installer") and extract all of the files from the zip file into that folder. Finally, try running Sims2Pack Clean Installer.exe from your new folder.

Quote: Originally posted by k.marie_me
What steps exactly should I take when working with the no install version? I had read the thread about the no install version for Windows XP, but wasn't sure if I should follow those steps since I'm running Windows 7. I know that I probably sound like a complete invalid, but I'm just so unaware of scripting and such that you're really going to have to guide me through this.
I do not have access to a 64-bit Windows 7 machine, so I cannot walk you through the steps required. I have given you the steps for Windows XP; the steps for Windows 7 should be similar. Hopefully, you will be able to use the install version of the Clean Installer and will not have to set up the no-install version at all.
Test Subject
#170 Old 19th May 2011 at 8:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mootilda
OK, I believe that I see your problem. You are not extracting things from the zip file before running them, but are instead trying to run them from inside of the zip file. This will not work.

First try downloading the regular version (Sims2PackInstaller.zip) to your hard drive. Extract Sims2PackInstaller_v16_14.exe from the zip file to somewhere on your hard drive (for example, your desktop). Then, run Sims2PackInstaller_v16_14.exe from your hard drive. Once the installation is complete, you can remove the installer (Sims2PackInstaller_v16_14.exe) from your hard drive.

If that doesn't work, try the same thing with the no-install version. First, download Sims2PackInstaller_NoInstall.zip. Then, create a new folder on your hard drive (I usually call the new folder "Sims2Pack Clean Installer") and extract all of the files from the zip file into that folder. Finally, try running Sims2Pack Clean Installer.exe from your new folder.

I do not have access to a 64-bit Windows 7 machine, so I cannot walk you through the steps required. I have given you the steps for Windows XP; the steps for Windows 7 should be similar. Hopefully, you will be able to use the install version of the Clean Installer and will not have to set up the no-install version at all.

Unfortunately, after trying both of these options, I have found that neither works. I'm really not sure why this is happening.
Site Helper
Original Poster
#171 Old 19th May 2011 at 8:13 PM Last edited by Mootilda : 19th May 2011 at 8:32 PM.
No need to quote my entire post, especially when there are no intervening posts.

I'd like to suggest that you start a new thread in the Clean Installer forum. Explain your problem again and be sure to give us as much detail as you can. I would suggest that you walk us through the exact steps that you followed with the no-install version, including full path names, file names and extensions.
http://www.modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=441

More people read that forum than this thread, so we might be able to find someone who has some other ideas on what could be wrong. People have said that they can run the program on 64-bit machines and on Windows 7 (for example, post #101), but someone who is actually running on such a system might have some advice.

Just remember, the more details that you can give us about what you're doing, the more likely that someone will be able to spot what you're doing wrong.
Test Subject
#172 Old 19th May 2011 at 8:31 PM
Alright, I'll try my luck there. As far as path names and all, ((with the no install version)) I followed what directions you gave me, so should I just include that information in my post? Hopefully this'll work out, because I LOVE using the downloads on this site. Thank you for all of your help!

P.s. I unintentionally quoted your whole post, and realized that I had done so only after I had submitted my response. My apologies- I wasn't trying to "junk up" the thread or anything.
Lab Assistant
#173 Old 9th Jun 2011 at 10:47 AM
NET Framework v2.0. doesn't work for 64 bit are there any alternatives?
sorry my i just googled and found it

A good friend of mine once said "Pythagorain Circles, that's just what life is.", when you think about this it doesn't make sense...well neither does life.
Site Helper
Original Poster
#174 Old 16th Jun 2011 at 9:48 PM
Default New Version Available
New version 1.6.15 now available. This fixes a bug where the Clean Installer was ignoring the checkbox associated with each item in multi-install mode. Ref:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=445823

For more information, please see the release history.
Sockpuppet
THANKS POST
#175 Old 16th Jun 2011 at 10:44 PM
Ok, thank you !
Page 7 of 26