Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Dec 2009 at 3:07 PM
Default Problem with oval table : new mesh
Hi,

I've made a newmesh of oval table but in the game Sims can't sit down around it . I thought it was to large so I scaled it to do 2x1 tiles but it doesn't work more ... Chairs are on the round corner, is it the problem ?

I've assign joint in Milkshape ; what could it be wrong ?

Here are 2 pictures : 1 of my set and 1of the reaction of my sims when they want to sit.

Créa Sims 3

If you find I'm talking strange, don't forget I'm frenchy ... ;o)
Advertisement
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#2 Old 28th Dec 2009 at 4:37 PM
Was this a clone of a 1x2 table? The slots for the chairs and sims are controlled in the RSLT which we haven't quite been able to modify yet. Did the chairs snap into the slot? Can the sim sit at the chair at all? I know you said you assigned the joints, but my guess would be that is where the issue is.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th Dec 2009 at 11:46 PM
Yes, it was a 1x2 table slot and Sims can sit on this chairs when they are not near the oval table but they can sit too when the chairs are with another table ; so I think the problem is with the table.
I don't understand "did the chairs snap into the slot" (sorry !)

I had no problem when I did another set before!!!

Créa Sims 3

Alchemist
#4 Old 29th Dec 2009 at 7:03 PM
I could be mistaken but I think HL is asking whether you placed the chairs with or without a cheat.

When you look at an EA table with chairs placed around it (placed without a cheat) the chairs don't seem to be sitting quite as far into the green footprint box as the chairs are sitting in the pic you showed above. The pic you show makes it seem as if you placed those chairs with a cheat and they are too close to the table. Here's a picture for comparison:

See how your chairs seem further inside the green box? Did they automatically go this far inside the green box on their own when you bought them or did you have a cheat enabled that allowed you to slide them there?

Then again, the difference in how far the chairs appear to be within the green box could be a function of the chair and/or table you cloned for your objects...it seems that they are not all the same.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 3rd Jan 2010 at 10:18 AM
Hi,
I don't use cheat to place my chairs ; they go around the table alone, by themselves.
But I see on your picture that the feet of the table are all in the corner of the green box and mine not ; they are in front of the chairs ...
So I ask : could the feet interfere so the sims can't sit down ?
This would be strange because I think the game doesn't take care of mesh but takes care of slot, position and all codes the mesh could have ...

Créa Sims 3

Alchemist
#6 Old 3rd Jan 2010 at 1:04 PM
Very good question that I wish I knew the answer to myself. Did you use the same table/chair to clone this time as you did for the set you made which worked right in the game? Will the table work if you place a different chair around it?