Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Jan 2010 at 2:42 PM
Default How can I find the polycount?
How can I find the polycount of a cc buy mode object?
Advertisement
In the Arena
retired moderator
#2 Old 17th Jan 2010 at 2:50 PM
Is the polycount from a cc causing a crash? Or is just a "how do I find out.."?

Moved to Meshing (from Help), as I can't remember the answer off-the-top-of-my head.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 17th Jan 2010 at 3:05 PM
I apologize - I think I confused people by the way I asked my question. I am not a creator (so the Milkshape answer was totally over my head, but thanks anyway, HugeLunatic!). I just want to check the poly count on a piece of cc that is causing me some concerns. I used to do this for TS2 by using S2PE, and I can use CTU for TS3 hairs, but I can't figure out how to find the information for TS3 objects.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#5 Old 17th Jan 2010 at 3:12 PM
Yea, far as I know the only way to see it is by decompiling the mesh and opening in Milkshape. I too miss seeing it like in SimPE. Even though I have a good pc I still like to keep polys down.

If you don't have Milkshape, I would ask the creator of the poly count. Of course anything uploaded here has it listed. If the package is causing issues, have you double checked to make sure it isn't a potential blue lot causing object?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 17th Jan 2010 at 3:30 PM
Thanks, HL. I have attempted and failed at meshing several times, so I do have Milkshape. But I'm thinking that until there's an easier way to check, I'll just remove the packages and/or ask the creators directly. ;-)

With the particular object I was wanting to test - I did check it using Delphy's new dashboard tool and ProcMon, so I'm guessing it's just a high poly object.

Thanks for the advice!
Alchemist
#7 Old 17th Jan 2010 at 4:43 PM
The S3ObjTool has an information button that will tell you the poly count of objects.

I don't think you even have to decompile the object to see the poly count.

Just export the MLOD to a folder, open up the ObjTool and click the button that says MODL/MLOD Info. On the right hand side in the empty space all the information about the object will appear.

If it is a single group object the face and vertices count will be above the MTST line. If the object has multiple groups the tool adds all the counts for the groups and puts the total at the bottom.