Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#26 Old 13th Jul 2014 at 1:34 AM
Have you ever got to pass the private school scenario in the sims 2? No cheats
In short, No. But then I've only tried once, and that was with my first family on their first day. I've already described the event to the Things you did as a noob thread (posts 747 and 786). Mr Bertino certainly was not impressed by the bought-in pizza, served because Gloria and Andrew knew they had no cooking skill, but he wasn't impressed by Andrew's ยง2,000 telescope either, but I have to admit that it was parked uselessly inside the house, almost blocking access to the kitchen and dining table. The incident left Andrew in a bad mood for so long that it rather put me off trying again. But I will try again with Andrew while he's still a teen, because, although he said at the time that he didn't want to go to the snobby school anyway, the truth is he's had the want to go to it ever since! His plan is to maximise his own cooking skills and get in on the strength of a meal he has cooked himself.

A couple of salient points about that first visit in view of what other members have said. I must have saved and quit the game between arranging his visit and him actually coming, because Gloria phoned him in the morning, and, when he came in the evening, her (then) new boyfriend Garry Mackay was there. When she phoned him, she was really trying to phone the ordinary (public) school to try to explain that Andrew hadn't managed to get there that day. (I didn't yet know that the school bus doesn't come on the first day you move in.) By the time he arrived in the evening, we (Gloria and I) had almost forgotten that we'd invited him. I must have saved and quit in between playing the morning and the evening because Garry was there visiting when the headmaster showed up, and I hadn't even created him when I played the morning. In fact my first post to MTS came between the morning and the evening at Gloria's house; it was to ask for help in getting Gloria and Garry to meet each other. (There are fuller details in my posts in the Things you did as a noob thread.) I think it was several Real Life days later when I played the evening.
Advertisement
Instructor
#27 Old 13th Jul 2014 at 3:57 AM
Yes I have success with the headmaster.
in my game im selective so not everyone goes to private school in the first place only the wealthy ones.
I go and put the Apple Statue one in each room and he cheers his butt off. that gets major points for a good tour
then while the parent cooks dinner, the kid will schmooz
serve him a fresh meal! he has enjoyed mac n cheese and spaghetti.
if there is time play chess or have an adult schmooz him,
when he leaves i sell the statues

Peace, Harmony & Balance... Libra is Love..
Meet Me In My Next Life
#28 Old 13th Jul 2014 at 9:13 PM Last edited by Simonut : 14th Jul 2014 at 2:40 AM.
When I first started playing the Sims yes I had a hard time getting the children into "Private School" until I learn the tricks using NO cheats as follow:

1. No Cheap furniture or pictures or lights just place the "BEST" items or objects in the Sims home, because you will get a good score when taking the headmaster on the home tour.
2. You will know when you take the headmaster into each room that the environment score is high when he jump with excitement.

3. Make sure you have a Sims to cook a meat with the best cooking skills ( between 8 or 10 ) now to be on the safe side if their cooking skill is like 6 or 7,
I sometime always have a Sims cook a meat a day before the headmaster come and then have the Sims save the food in the refrigerator as leftover. ( don't let them eat it at all just save )
Sims don't pay much attention as to if the food is cold or hot or just made, that way when it's time for the school master to eat the food is ready ( just have the Sims called to meal )

4. Now as for the children that you are trying to get into private school I do not like them running around while the school master is there.
I always make them sit near by and read then call the Headmaster first ( guest ) or all come to dinner.
Sometime if there is time left I have the parents talk to the headmaster, "but never let them talk about getting the Sims child into private school" the headmaster get turn off right away.

5. After the Headmaster is going you can always get rid of all the best items if you want too, if it is before midnight the Sims money will go back to the family funds.
Note: I have never had a problem getting my Sims children into private school following the steps I mention above.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Test Subject
#29 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 10:59 PM
I let the kids deal with him, it generally gets higher smooze points. I also "buy" a bunch of high environment level art pieces before he shows up because it ups the tour value. I sell them back when he leaves. I've also found you get higher smooze points by just talking to him instead of using the smooze option.
Mad Poster
#30 Old 28th Jul 2014 at 12:26 PM
So I accidentally clicked to invite headmaster when I had no one adult with cooking points. He was like "I will come immediately". Mother had family aspiration, she started make family comfort soup, father had high charisma, he talked with headmaster until friendly status before scmooze, showed him only toilets with high environment (other rooms wasn`t so good yet), then soup was ready, they all ate and score was already high enough.
Forum Resident
#31 Old 28th Jul 2014 at 6:08 PM
I accomplished it once. From what I saw it depends on the personality of the headmaster who comes over. I did it two times in a row and the first man was serious and didn't accept the girl, but the second was more light-hearted and easy to impress. Try doing it this way and see if it works:

1. Make sure that everyone has their needs taken care of before you start. You can use the maxmotives cheat if you want, but you don't have to.

2. Have one member of the family start cooking the dinner before you make the phone call. Make sure it's someone who has at least some cooking skill so that they don't burn the house down. I would suggest making it the highest quality meal they can prepare at their skill level.

3. Once the sim has started cooking, have another member call the school and invite the headmaster.

4. When the headmaster arrives, don't keep him waiting and let him in immediately. Greet him with a handshake or whatever you like.

5. By now, dinner should be ready, so have them eat dinner.

6. After everyone's eaten, have one member of the house take them on a tour of the house. All you have to do is have the sim walk from room to room. The headmaster automatically follows.

7. If you have any time left after this, just talk with them. Maybe put them in a good mood with a joke or a funny story too.

8. If all has gone well and the headmaster likes your family, your child will be put into private school!

Hope this helped! Good luck!

The simmer formerly known as Averex
My Claim to Fame
Theorist
#32 Old 31st Jul 2014 at 11:03 AM
Meal has to be the highest one the sim can cook, can be cooked the day before or whenever there's time and stored in inventory. Doesn't matter what level of cooking. Have coffee made and on the counter. Make sure there are no newspapers, puddles or dead plants out front. The bathrooms are clean, beds made, toys put away. He doesn't need to see the whole house, set up a few rooms with a piano or any instrument, easel, chess table with 2 chairs, bookcase, lots of lights and use the option 'turn all lights on' Hang some decent art on the walls. Watch your own sims environment score until it's high. Doesn't matter if child or adult gives tour. There are other good tips here too, just pick out what will work for you. You do have to jump from one thing to another. He will let you know when he's seen enough so click him and end tour, then have another sim call everyone to meal. Repeat it a few times to be sure it worked. A child can invite him to play chess after. If the score isn't high enough, just exit without saving and re-try. It is fun after the fact once you finish. If you use a hot tub and he won't get out, just invite him to do something else or call him over and tell jokes. Oh, that bingo game too. Once you get points for an action, jump into the next one.

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Alchemist
#33 Old 31st Jul 2014 at 11:48 AM
My sims almost always impress the headmaster so well that they get into private school. I think I have only been denied two times, once I served him spaghetti and showed him my trashy house, he was not impressed, the second one I don't remember, I think it was because when he arrived both parents was at work.

Tip: if you have Seasons, go fishing. When your sim catches a fish, go to the kitchen and make it, put it away and serve it to the headmaster! It will give you really high points.
Field Researcher
#34 Old 31st Jul 2014 at 4:19 PM
I've never had any problems getting a kid through to private school, but for some reason, I can't host a successful party without getting someone married to max to party score. -_- I'm not a party person!
Page 2 of 2