Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#26 Old 1st Feb 2007 at 2:35 PM
Patched up here. Ran the game for 5 hours last night. I played tons of scenarios, downtown, Uni, etc. No problems here. I'm just a bit peeved that the patch was not more comprehensive..ie: starving parrots, pet related want spam etc.

On a side note, I had something strange occur upon game launch after installing the patch. I got the red X error box on launch stating that I had Sims2 related programs running. I know for a fact that I did not have BS or any other Sims2 application running. Hmmmm. I just relaunched and it played fine. But, for a second there, my heart was in my throat. (I had backed up my entire Sims2 folder before installing the patch...so it wouldn't have been so awful if something had gone wrong.)

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
Advertisement
Instructor
#27 Old 1st Feb 2007 at 3:24 PM
The patch is *****in xD Just gave me sth tellin me that an error occured and I MAY reinstall my game and check if i made a backup before installing the patch...
I'm JUST doing the backup... darn if I can reinstall now I'm pretty mad!

BACK UP YOUR GAMES FOLKS
Forum Resident
#28 Old 1st Feb 2007 at 3:45 PM
my game is alot faster i just tried it its working great !!!
#29 Old 1st Feb 2007 at 3:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Aleesha
The patch is *****in xD Just gave me sth tellin me that an error occured and I MAY reinstall my game and check if i made a backup before installing the patch...
I'm JUST doing the backup... darn if I can reinstall now I'm pretty mad!

BACK UP YOUR GAMES FOLKS

That happened to me too. I don't know whats up, but I'm not worrying right now.
Instructor
#30 Old 1st Feb 2007 at 3:53 PM
but why are only we having those troubles? anyone else? It pretty much sucks since I wanna get rid of all those bugs...
Mad Poster
#31 Old 1st Feb 2007 at 3:58 PM
lol, i installed it last night but didn't have the curiosity to see if it bugged the game. Patches aren't supposed to bug the game... Now I'm curious, hope my game runs well.
Instructor
#32 Old 1st Feb 2007 at 4:02 PM
I didn't say that it causes bugs Just that I wanna get rid of the existing ones in game^^
but the patch wont install...
Test Subject
#33 Old 1st Feb 2007 at 4:30 PM
Okay so the new patches (not the one for BS) are for digital and CD games - what the heck is the difference? Is the digital one for DVDs?
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#34 Old 1st Feb 2007 at 4:35 PM
Digital = downloaded

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 1st Feb 2007 at 6:23 PM
Screw this patch. My townies still don't change into clothes they purchase and I still get the blinking accessories.
Alchemist
#36 Old 1st Feb 2007 at 6:27 PM
Yep I'm afraid my accessories keep blinking too... the game seems ok, but I haven't tested whether it actually FIXED anything...

If wishes were fishes we'd all cast nets
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#37 Old 1st Feb 2007 at 7:13 PM
Yes...and the birds still starve to death. GAH

Lab Assistant
#38 Old 1st Feb 2007 at 8:30 PM
I have the DVD version too This means I can't patch it, doesn't it?

visit me at Sims 2 Artists
Alchemist
#39 Old 1st Feb 2007 at 8:41 PM
No it doesn't. I got the DVD version too, in fact in Europe at least the CD version wasn't even released. I used the CD patch and it worked fine.

Field Researcher
#40 Old 1st Feb 2007 at 10:25 PM
I get the error when installing saying that I needed to uninstall and reinstall pets. *sigh* I think I might just live with the bugs for the next... 26 days until Seasons comes out.
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#41 Old 1st Feb 2007 at 11:03 PM
But, Seasons will not patch your game. I know they say that Uni patched NL and NL patched Uni...but that was lies and propaganda:

http://www.simposieum.net/component...27/topic,1838.0

QUOTE:
I was most surprised by the base game patch. I though Uni updated that, but it seems Maxis has updated the base game patch and now the downloadable patch includes some fixes not on any of the CDs.

It seems to me that to have a completely updated game you need to download and install every single patch. With the exception of Uni, none of the EPs or SPs seemed to update anything on installation. The file sizes of the patches:

Base – 24271 kb
Uni – 21141 kb
NL – 18626 kb
OFB – 27342 kb
FFS – 27887 kb

do not really support the notion that the patches are cumulative (the NL patch is smaller than the Uni patch for example).
Read the entire article for the real story as to why you should patch ALL your games.

#42 Old 2nd Feb 2007 at 12:51 AM
After installing the patch.My sims faces were blank in a yellowish tint
Is anyone else having this issue?
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 2nd Feb 2007 at 5:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghanima Atreides
No it doesn't. I got the DVD version too, in fact in Europe at least the CD version wasn't even released. I used the CD patch and it worked fine.

I'm off to patch my game then. Thanks for letting me know.

visit me at Sims 2 Artists
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 2nd Feb 2007 at 7:34 AM

So the cd patch didn't cause any trouble for your dvd version? Did it actually solve any of the bugs?

(Sorry to ask this, but after reading some of the post here about the patch, I'm scared of the patch...)
#45 Old 2nd Feb 2007 at 8:36 AM
you guys have scared me! Now im worried that the patch is gonna cause me to reinstall! I might not install this one....
Instructor
#46 Old 2nd Feb 2007 at 9:02 AM
So, I must download the CD patch... I hope it would work!
Alchemist
#47 Old 2nd Feb 2007 at 10:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by NH1
So the cd patch didn't cause any trouble for your dvd version? Did it actually solve any of the bugs?

(Sorry to ask this, but after reading some of the post here about the patch, I'm scared of the patch...)

No, it didn't cause any trouble. It installed properly updating all the game files it needs to etc. Now if it actually fixed anything I am not yet able to tell. I haven't played yet further than taking pics for a contest and that took all day. I didn't even have (or haven't noticed) most of the bugs on the fix list...I'll let you know.

Lab Assistant
#48 Old 2nd Feb 2007 at 11:02 AM
No, it didn't cause any trouble. It installed properly updating all the game files it needs to etc. Now if it actually fixed anything I am not yet able to tell. I haven't played yet further than taking pics for a contest and that took all day. I didn't even have (or haven't noticed) most of the bugs on the fix list...I'll let you know.

Thanks for the info! I'll patch my game as soon as I get home...
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#49 Old 2nd Feb 2007 at 5:34 PM
Yes, the CD patch is for CD and DVD versions- I have patched my DVD game and so far it seems to be fixing the glitches it claims to. I have neighbourhood terrain paints again!
Test Subject
#50 Old 2nd Feb 2007 at 7:15 PM
Huh...I didn't see terrain paints upon installing this patch, so I entered a lot to check if I just needed to re-save the lots first.

NOPE. All exposed ground is flashing blue, and I can't seem to paint any new terrain over the blue goo. I'm not sure if this is patch related or not- I was screwing around in SimPE trying to delete a bunch of townies, but uh... geez, who knows.

Edit: After more poking around, it looks like it only affected that one lot. Odd... I guess I will just rebuild it.
Page 2 of 4