Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Jan 2010 at 9:27 PM
Default Does TS3 exported mesh need to go through MilkShape?
Phew! I am trying to work up the courage to start a project that involves an actual mesh but this particular project could use a mesh I exported from within TS3.

Anyway! I have this one question and searched through the forum without finding an answer, so here goes.

If I export that mesh directly from TS3, do I still need to run it through MilkShape or can I use it in its exported form?
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 7th Jan 2010 at 10:41 PM
If you used the tools from here (s3oc,s3pe,S3ObjTool) then you will need Milkshape as far as I know.
Theorist
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Jan 2010 at 11:45 PM
Thank you so much for your reply, OM! Do you happen to know if there is another option, like could I create something in *gasps* TSRW without going through MilkShape?

The only reason I ask is because right now I'm pretty strapped financially and my trial ended on MilkShape before I had a chance to do much more than open the program, so in order to use it I'll have to buy a license.
Alchemist
#4 Old 8th Jan 2010 at 12:31 AM
The only information I have on this is from the TSRW website here:

http://www.thesimsresource.com/work...0TSR%20Workshop

but this is from October of last year. There was a post here at MTS suggesting, at least, that Milkshape was not necessary in order to use TSRW so maybe things have changed. I would check at the TSRW forum to see for sure. I wish I could be more helpful.

I hope your financial situation looks up soon.
Theorist
Original Poster
#5 Old 8th Jan 2010 at 1:01 AM
Thanks, OM! I am looking at some tutorials at the moment, trying to at least start to get my head wrapped around this. I don't really want to use TSRW but if it comes down to a choice between having to use TSRW or not do it I'll take the former.

Thank you for the kind words. Fortunately as soon as I get a few things behind me and warmer weather comes along I can be a bit less frugal.