Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#751 Old 1st Jun 2015 at 3:15 AM
My favorite sim is called Namika Tetsuiye. She is always in my game.
List of name I made recently:

First names:
Peter
Namika
Daigo
Lily
Thessaly
Xander
Eden
Evan
Patrick
Harrison
Grace
Ellymae
Asper
Junip

Last names:
Blake
Covington
Holt
Rays
Ellis
Loren
Alabaz
Tetsuiye
Warren
Ocean
Sander
Petrelli
Hunter

So be it. Move. ~Jason Bourne
Simblr
Advertisement
Alchemist
#752 Old 1st Jun 2015 at 10:56 AM
I like to name boys Rasmus and Oscar. If I ever get a son I want him to be named Rasmus
Forum Resident
#753 Old 5th Jun 2015 at 7:25 PM
It'd be funny to name a Sim "Daisy Gowan" because daisy and gowan are synonyms.
Mad Poster
#754 Old 27th Aug 2015 at 10:04 PM
Any body got any names that go well with the surname 'Scott'? (Including puns). Cause I can't come up with anything good right now. :D
Mad Poster
#755 Old 27th Aug 2015 at 10:10 PM
Vaughn. Which may only be funny if you used to go to see Rocky Horror...

Wayne. But you'd have to build him a house with wainscot in all the rooms.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Link Ninja
#756 Old 27th Aug 2015 at 10:15 PM
'Biz' (Biscotti?)
'Mas' (Mascot)
Any 'A' name can be shortened to 'A.' so the sim can be known as Ascott, like Ascot the thing Fred wears in Scoobie Doo.

Other than that I don't know of any other words that end in 'Scot' sound for punny type names.

You can always give them a Scottish name.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Mad Poster
#757 Old 27th Aug 2015 at 10:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Vaughn. Which may only be funny if you used to go to see Rocky Horror...

Lol! I just Googled it and oh wow! A show from the seventies! I still wasn't around back then. (I couldn't find anyone by the name of Vaughn, however, there's someone by the name of Dr. Everett Scott, according to what I'm reading.) :/ :o

ETA: Oh wait! It's Everett V. Scott. Okay, nevermind! :D

Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Wayne. But you'd have to build him a house with wainscot in all the rooms.

Oh! Yes! This sounds good! I could just use any wall paint with wainscoting for his bedroom, that should do for now.

Thanks, Peni!

ETA:

Quote: Originally posted by Charmful
'Biz' (Biscotti?)
'Mas' (Mascot)
Any 'A' name can be shortened to 'A.' so the sim can be known as Ascott, like Ascot the thing Fred wears in Scoobie Doo.

Other than that I don't know of any other words that end in 'Scot' sound for punny type names.

You can always give them a Scottish name.

Oh! I love those too! Why didn't I think of any of these?!

Thanks, Charmful!

And if anyone's got more, do share!
Mad Poster
#758 Old 27th Aug 2015 at 11:10 PM
The deal with Vaughn Scott is that Dr. Scott, a science teacher, has shown up in a dramatic way at a dramatic moment and is someone Brad (A Hero) and Janet (A Heroine) rely on; but when he shows up Frank N. Furter (A Mad Scientist) addresses him accusingly as "Dr. VON Scott!" For the intended audience who knows what kind of parody this is, and who moreover can hear the bad German accent Dr. Scott's actor is assuming, the tone and circumstances of revealing the "von" imply that Dr. Scott is a Nazi scientist on the lam and no more to be trusted than Frank himself. (Who is at least, apparently, good in bed.)

And if you think that makes no sense, you begin to grasp the point of the movie. But I don't recommend you watch it without gathering up a crowd of geezers like me, who will show up with toast and lighters and make you sit in the back row. It's all about audience participation, really.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#760 Old 28th Aug 2015 at 12:54 AM
My very first Sims in my very first hood (the one that later vanished into thin space) were named Aaron and Arlene Arlington. Having fond memories of them, I have named a ton of buildings, roads, etc. after them in my later hoods. I have tried to make new Arlingtons but, of course, it will never be the same. Honestly, most of the time I just make up names on the spot. Sometimes I name the Sims after creators that I like Surnames are not such a big thing, since I mostly played with premades or townies. I did, rather stupidly, decided that Sims was a good enough surname for a test Sim and now I love that test Sim!
Mad Poster
#761 Old 28th Aug 2015 at 1:01 AM
@M.M.A.A. - well, I know a family Norma (mother); Patrick (father); Patrick (son) and Benji (other son). Living right here in my town in Limpopo, South Africa.
Mad Poster
#762 Old 28th Aug 2015 at 1:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
@M.M.A.A. - well, I know a family Norma (mother); Patrick (father); Patrick (son) and Benji (other son). Living right here in my town in Limpopo, South Africa.

Thank you! I'll be saving those for the other ones.

Okay, this might be (or is) an awful pun but: Butter Scott (as in Butterscotch). How does that sound?
Mad Poster
#763 Old 28th Aug 2015 at 7:11 AM
Hehe I kind of like Butter Scott! (Remembered there is also one Anthony Scott around in town)!

As for Rocky Horror - it is one of the most popular live shows in South Africa; performed in all big cities by different professional acting groups. I was fortunate enough
to be in the audience one night when something technical went wrong - one of the performers taught the audience how to do the Time Warp!
Lab Assistant
#764 Old 28th Aug 2015 at 7:14 AM
I like coming up with names based on the parents' names. For instance, I have a couple named Gabe and Emily, and I'll probably name their children things like Emil and Gabriella. Sometimes I'll blend the parents' names together if I can come up with a good way to do it. I also look at family trees, when available, and pick names based on that. Or I'll give the mother's maiden name to a baby to keep that name alive (unless it's a name I don't like). Sometimes I might give names based on something that happened in the game -- one mother gave birth soon after catching her husband cheating, so she named their daughter Faith.

I'm having trouble coming up with anything to go with Scott except Scotty, which makes me think of Star Trek. I just looked it up, and the character Scotty's full name is Montgomery Scott, if you like that!
Test Subject
#765 Old 24th Mar 2016 at 11:32 AM
The Whisenant Family / Washington / Payne
The Whisenant Family:

Mike Whisenant
Morgan Whisenant. Morgan is girl name.
Serena Whisenant
Zach Whisenant
Unborn Baby Whisenant. Boy or girl
Caitlin Whisenant

The Washington Family:

Vicki Washington
Morgan Washington
Connie Washington
Patty Flynn, The man was married with Patty Washington-Flynn.

The Payne Family:
Elizabeth Payne
Chad Payne
George Payne
unborn baby Payne

Take care, I will text you next for marriage

Have a nice day!
Test Subject
#766 Old 24th Mar 2016 at 11:52 AM
legecy family
Normal females:

Elizabeth Deuel
Victoria Falls
Meesha Hardy
Amanda Parks
Georgia Griffin
Brittney Daniels
Vicki Holcombe
Alice Cooper
Serena Williams
Rachel Upton
Barbara Obama

Normal males:

Eddie Bauer
Tyler Parks
Dr. Robert Downey
Chad Whisenant
Ethan Whisenant
Morgan Whisenant
Gregory Allen

Have a nice day
Scholar
#767 Old 24th Mar 2016 at 2:22 PM
I once saw a Townie named "Temperance Church". What are the chances of that ever happening again, huh?
Mad Poster
#768 Old 24th Mar 2016 at 3:25 PM
She married Orlando - good choice - the Centowski nose is one of my favourite noses in the game
My Sims have very ordinary names. I have to name so many twins - gee. Once I named the girl Kevin and the boy Kate. But there are Dane and Dana, Kathy and Kelly, Alex and Alexa, and so on - probably not very original.
I am awarding a name a prize here: Victoria Falls. Hope she is as beautiful as her natural wonder namesake
Forum Resident
#769 Old 24th Mar 2016 at 3:26 PM
I name my sims according to the feel of the character I'm creating when I make a sim from scratch, or I base it on the style of names already in the family and what I think the mother would choose based on her character when a sim is born in game. I like unique names, and I've never had more than one sim with the same first AND last name (because that's just weird to me... no matter how often it happens in real life!)

I also don't come from a typical Euro American background, so I go for names a little outside the usual 'Danny, Sarah, Helen' types (never used any of those). My surname for example, has two Os and a K in it , so I use atypical letter combinations a lot because it sounds more normal to me.

When making sims - and sometimes when examining townies, I also think about what ethnicity/culture I want the sim to have and decide what language the surname will be in.

Currently my sims all have very simple surnames as they are recreations of the very first sims I made when I started playing TS2. I can't remember what their original surnames were so I've basically just given them all simple English ones for now.

Shaylene, Mi'Shara, and Sweety Lewis (and Shaylene is pregnant so I'm thinking Demetrion or Vonte for her child depending of course, on gender)

Mallisa Green, Cecile Averne, Rio King, and Johnnie and Damian Uno.
Scholar
#770 Old 24th Mar 2016 at 3:42 PM
I have a lot of alliteration in the names in my game, with first and last name starting with the same letter, or all the kids using the same letter (Duggar-style). It gets complicated when you get to 10 kids...

I also have a Bigfoot/Alien family with the kids Alina (alien), Sasha (sasquatch), Quatch, Yeti, and so on.

And of course, lots of bad puns like Macon Bacon (fortune, of course).

Paladins/SimWardrobes downloads: https://simfileshare.net/folder/87849/
Scholar
#771 Old 24th Mar 2016 at 5:39 PM Last edited by BoilingOil : 24th Mar 2016 at 5:49 PM.
I often have different naming styles for different families. Xena Aerbora (she has been 'adopted' by her God who is named 'Aerbor') married Julien Cooke, and gave him a son they named Julien Jr. But when he was adopted, his adoptive father Zack Shack named him Zachary.

Later, she gave birth to a long sequence of kids, and fathered several others. Adrian, Bethany, Clarice, Donny, Eliane, Florida, Helena, Isabelle, Jesse, Karen end Lestra. If you wonder where the 'G' name went... after Florida was born, Eliane (a plantbaby) gave birth to Giorgio. Other grandchildren are Mellia, Nicola and Othello. The pattern must be clear here..

Short before Eliane's birth, Xena had become a plantsim, and she had been in contact with Aliena Impregnata (my custom PT-substitute). That's how Eliane was born a plantbaby and got her name to remind of mommy's friend Aliena. Giorgio, Helena and Mellia are Aliena's offspring, Lestra is the daughter of Lelestra Entassah, another alien.

Xena's oldest son - Zachary Cooke - and his wife have two sons, whose names both start with a J (Jonah and Joshua), in honor of Julien, their grandfather. A third child is on the way; a boy will be Jeremy, a girl probably Juliana.

Since many of my sim couples are lesbians, the children that they have usually get the mother's last name. So I often give them first names that remind of the 'father'.

Zack Shack originally fathered three children of his own: Vanity, Violet and Valerie, daughters of Vaula Holm, Zack's 'partner'. Later, he gave birth to the twins Babe and Dude, fathered by Social Group townie Nery Turner.
Forum Resident
#772 Old 24th Mar 2016 at 6:07 PM
Speaking of puns I'm quite pleased with Love thy Neighbour. Nevermind that I had that planned for... a few years.

Anyhow, my rule of thumb when it comes to first names is no regular names unless they are also an English noun or the last name of someone very famous, such as Kennedy, Caligari, Rambo. At first, this just went for members of the Neighbour family, or when I made sims in order to become spouses to them (Sahara, Baileys, Ace, Lady, Sunrise). Now I only play with that family, but I do have some sims I made when I was 14-15 with names I thought sounded nice such as Roxell Harrison, Mickey Bat, Matthew East, Greg Kender, Sunny Holiday. I guess I was into American sounding names. And I recently made a Julian to be a townie, because I love that name.

I sometimes do alitterations for twins (Beat & Bye, Crab & Crown) or themes with twins/other siblings:
Nike & New york, not twins but intentional alitteration. Their little sister is called Kennedy, which makes a pattern of having an N and a K in all names.
Comanche & Biker because when I was 14 I was obsessed with the movie "Hell ride", which is about bikers and features a character named Comanche.
Apple & Muffin.
Phoenix & Sigma = both are the names of game protagonists that still hold up to my standard of random names.
Pony and her daughter Ducky.
Jaws & Baywatch.
And twins Eleventh love and Twelfth love, the eleventh and twelfth children of Nina and Neighbour (I had already decided they were to have 12 kids). Love thy is Eleventh love's daughter,and the last kid of the second inborn generation, and it wasn't intended but I like the idea of giving each generation's final child a name with "love" in it.

Servos get Spanish names/words for names, for some reason. (Chicuitita, Enrique, Niña)

As for why I chose to name my family funder Neighbour both for his first and last name, I've got no idea. Anyway, other names from that family include Emo (again, no idea why. I wasn't into emo when I chose it, and neither is she), Pepper, Mess, Buddha, Everest, Solito, Nessie, Storm, Roadnight (from my favourite book "The double life of Cassiel Roadnight"). And I have a looong list of more potential Neighbour-names. Right now I really want one of my knowledge-sims to have a babygirl so I can call her Andromeda.

I am Error.
Field Researcher
#773 Old 24th Mar 2016 at 8:33 PM
Some recent new babies in my hood have been named thusly:

Grant Rabbit: son of Grahame Rabbit, hence the name beginning with 'Gr' (if he'd been born a girl she'd have been called Grace). Like SciBirg, I often go for alliterative names.

Ravella Mellanby: daughter of Travis and Radegund. Travis is one of my Blake's 7 sims, who are often named after characters in that ancient BBC space opera and name their children likewise. Travis was the Federation officer obsessed with hunting Blake down (he failed on a weekly basis, of course), whilst Ravella was a minor character in the very first series. As for Radegund, she's from a family with a tradition of archaic and rather overblown names - Radegund was the Queen of the Amazons in Spencer's Faerie Queene. My Radegund has a twin sister called Rampallian, a term used in some Shakespeare play for a loose or wanton woman. Not perhaps the best name to bestow on a girl, but I like the sound of it.

Ethelfled and Elfrida Davison: twin daughters of Edwin, who was in turn the son of Edwina. This branch of the Davison family goes in for Anglo-Saxon names.

Wendy-Jane Goodbody: there are many Goodbodys in my hood, and some (but not all) have the tradition of double-barrelled fornames based on the initials of the mother's father (in this case, Jimmy-Joe) and father's mother (Wendy). Wendy-Jane's older brother is Wally-Jack.

Remora Lin: a very fishy name. Remora is the daughter of Minnow, who is in turn the daughter of Salmo (the Latin name for salmon), and he was the son of Carassia (derived from Carassius, Latin name for the goldfish!).

Siegfried Goodbody: son of Alberic Nibblet, who was the son of Sieglind Nibblet, who was in turn the daughter of Tristan Nibblet. All names from the Niebelungenlied. (Sieglind had a brother called Wotan, but the Wagnerian tradition died out in his family line).

Robert Rabbit: the Rabbits have a tradition of giving their children, male ones especially, names beginning with R. Hence Roderick, Rodney, Ronald, Robbie, Rowena, Roscoe, Rozza, Romeo and Roy.

Cecilia Sakomoto: descended from Dominic Sakomoto, who established a tradition of naming progeny after monastic orders or saints. Hence Benedict, Francis, Ursula, and Clara (after St Claire).

Harpegonius and Harpelicia Guppy: twin children of Heliophila Guppy and Patrick Polecat. The Guppy family goes in for ridiculously fanciful names. Heliophila means 'Sun-lover'. Harpegonius is derived from Harpagon, a miser in a play by Moliere, and Harpelicia after Harpalice, a bolshie Thracian woman. Which makes me sound very learned and scholarly but actually just proves I've got a copy of Brewer's Dictionary of Phrase and Fable. Heliophila's first child was called Pandemonius, though there's nothing terribly demonic about him.

Orac Stannis: another Blake's 7 sim. Orac was one of the computers in the series. His mother is Avalon (a rebel leader in a first season episode), daughter of Servalan (Supreme Commander of Terran Federation Space Command), who was the daughter of Avon and Jenna (two main characters in the series).

I think, when it comes to names, I'm a bit of a scavenger.
Inventor
#774 Old 24th Mar 2016 at 10:39 PM
It really depends on my mood and my intentions for the sim. Sometimes I end up with very boring, normal names. And other times it's all about the chuckle. My two most recent sims started out with somewhat punny monikers. Roulette Random was... just that, a random CAS sim I rolled up. I had no plans for her other than to see what pushing the randomizer button got me and play. She ended up marrying a burglar named Russ Bear. They have two children, Randy and Russett. The other sim came about in nearly the opposite manner. I wanted to build someplace that playable kids could meet and get to know each other. I wasn't up for doing a full on school, so I settle for an after school sort of care place. The next question was whether to have it as a community lot or a home business. Not having to play or direct any child visitors, since sometimes it seems they are more interactive on their own, appealed to me. So I went with a home business and pretty quickly hit on the idea of calling it Bonnie Kidds Place. The proprietor, of course, being Bonnie Kidds.

One family I like to put in my neighborhoods is the Wilderman family. The father will usually be Adam, while the mother will be Eve. Their children end up with other Biblical names and they all have a tendency to become Plantsims, or at least farmers and fishers. I also have the fondness for the names David and Daniel, and will often use one or both names in at least one family. Another sim I plan on bringing back is Starlight Stasis. I have no idea what prompted such an unusual name. I just like the way it sounds.
Test Subject
#775 Old 24th Mar 2016 at 10:47 PM
My Main Family:

Connie Ross
Jimmy Ross
Cassidy Ross
Jasper Ross

Jimmy was married with Connie, Cassidy was born. When Cassidy trying find out what they do. Connie and Jimmy Ross can't tell Cassidy what happen with Cassidy. Jasper like to see his Aunt Denise Franklin's house. Connie let Jasper and Cassidy go with Auntie Denise. Because Connie and Jimmy have reason to Visit her mother, Dee McCoy. Mrs. McCoy are in Medicine, before she dies. Cause of Old age, Connie cried. Then Tomorrow morning Connie and Jimmy told children this Dee dead. Jimmy and Cassidy go to Nanny Susan Whisenant's house. Auntie Denise going with Connie and Jimmy to Funderal. Connie, Jimmy, abs Auntie Denise back to their home, Connie and Jimmy Ross are pick up the children to bring back to home

Other Main Family

Jason Vasant
Dr. Jessica London
Becky Vasant
Amanda Vasant
Unborn Baby Vasant

Jason welcomed Dr. Jessica London the home. Becky saw her Dr. London was her sister. Becky excited see Dr. Jessica London! Jessica London's daughter is gone with her daddy, Dr. David London. Jason can't wait Becky's pregnant. Amanda likes cute guy, Adrian Landgraab.Unborn Baby Vasant is unknown girl or boy

Gone means nothat dead, just good bye

Take care !
Page 31 of 33