Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Nov 2014 at 2:50 PM
Default Making the violin non autonomous
Both times I've tried, I am overwritten the original, even though I have a new GUID..
The new violin does not work, have no interactions and cannot be deleted. This is annoying.
I am not wanting to create a global hack, I just want to create another violin, that would not be autonomous.
Any hint would be appreciated!

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Advertisement
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#2 Old 21st Nov 2014 at 2:53 AM
Apparently, and i didn't know this..musical instruments are known to cause problems when cloned. people have made special mods/objects etc...that allows the cloning, and make the violin, or else work in game. This is way too bad.
I could make a mod to stop the violin from being autonomous, i know how..but this is really not what i wanted. I wanted 2 violins. I love the fact that visitors can play it, it tells me right away about their creativity skill state
i would use the game one for households as I always did..but would have needed another one, for community lots that would have been player directed only.
Oh well...

Pretty Space Pony
retired moderator
#3 Old 2nd Dec 2014 at 6:56 AM
Wild guess, but could it be related to self-referencing GUIDs? Why are people saying that musical instruments can't be cloned? http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=127742
Disclaimer: I'm all for trial-and-error, so I might be on completely the wrong track here
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4 Old 2nd Dec 2014 at 8:58 AM
I just saw your reply. Thank you. This tut is now in my favorites.
Musical instrument can't be cloned the normal way = what everyone seems to be saying, when you are me and browse forums, sites and whatnot. I am glad this isn't true.
It might be as true as.."meshing is hard!" (so you better download MY stuff, rather than learn how..) Not all creators loves to share their finds.

Thank you again! I'll look into this.

Pretty Space Pony
retired moderator
#5 Old 3rd Dec 2014 at 8:11 AM
Looks like my guess was indeed way off the mark. Did you see these posts?
http://www.modthesims.info/archive/...p?t-135100.html
http://modthesims.info/d/297767
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6 Old 3rd Dec 2014 at 3:56 PM
Yes, I did. hence my post number 2. Then you came and..gave hope and....and, and...