Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Jun 2013 at 4:35 AM
Sim won't sleep?
I recently created a second knight for my kingdom, by taking a villager, editing them, then changing their profession. This knight wasn't going home to the Barracks however, so I added him to the active household of my other knight, effectively setting the Barracks as his home. This worked well, if it weren't for the issue that I discovered shortly thereafter. My new knight was incapable of sleeping, as every time i attempt to sleep, in the upper left-hand corner the sleep action is queued for a couple seconds before disappearing, and my sim never makes any motion toward the bed. I attempted moving the bed, deleting the bed, trying other beds, and even going to other homes to try other beds. All to no avail. If anybody could potentially help me, that would be absolutely awesome. Thanks for any and all help.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 20th Jun 2013 at 5:30 AM
Could be a bug in the game preventing a Sim to sleep.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 20th Jun 2013 at 7:17 AM
make sure there are several beds,and a few benches
hit pause, cue up three naps on a household bench :/ ... or set up a tent outdoors, send them there
either the sim will get used to it, or you will
Scholar
#4 Old 20th Jun 2013 at 12:15 PM
What ForumZombie said.
NPC's have different motives and they refresh their bars without any interference, but like ForumZombie said they can be trained.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 20th Jun 2013 at 5:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ChickieTeeta
What ForumZombie said.
NPC's have different motives and they refresh their bars without any interference, but like ForumZombie said they can be trained.

I have no problem getting him to nap on benches, but is there really no way I can make him sleep? Is there a way to change him from acting like an NPC? Also, if this is as a result of turning an NPC into a hero, is there any better method for creating a second hero of any type?
Test Subject
#6 Old 20th Jun 2013 at 5:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Pariah
Is there any better method for creating a second hero of any type?

I was wondering the same thing :D
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 20th Jun 2013 at 8:03 PM Last edited by ForumZombie : 20th Jun 2013 at 9:06 PM.
Yes, npc turned into heroes continue to act like npc in various ways, this is normal

2 (multiplied) hero workaround; only seems complicated, but this works...

install grim's core
start your kingdom
under core options tab check sim DEBUG and retirement

pause game, to keep everbody still
grab a villager tool (they must not live with hero) with keyboard + mouse: shift right click to make Active, this can be tricky, aim for the villager's shoulders
using Active villager, set Alpha hero to village as home by shift left click then "add to active family"
select Alpha, set hero Alpha to "retire from profession" don't worry...

go to to kingdom mode, on this screen go to hero building, create new hero Beta
return to Live Mode
select new Beta hero (you may need to shift right click if they're not Active)
then using Beta "add to active family" old Alpha retired
use debug to reassign Alpha to original profession, reset to original level too
deactivate villager tool (shift right click)
= 2 hero same type, same house, enjoy!

The last multiplied hero added to that profession's household "owns" house
eg. king and queen added to castle, bard and bard added to tavern

something fun, multiplied heroes left as villagers wander kingdom at night

don't be concerned about having multiples, I have months old kingdoms with four knights (and a lord) in barracks, multiple lords in castle, wizard families in tower, etc

if you screw up, don't save :/
save with a new file if you're happy...