Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Apr 2010 at 2:03 AM
Picture Taking
Hey guys, I'm new to the forums, but have been a long time lurker on the site.

First off, I'm sorry if I posted this in the wrong forum, as I looked around and I thought this may be the best place for this since it wasn't exactly a technical issue with errors or bugs

I'm going to try and make a comic like thing out of screen caps from the Sims 2, and I was wondering a couple things.

Is it possible to get rid of the version number in the top right part of the screen when in camera mode? Also, is it possible to get rid of the boxes showing what your sims are doing in the top left? I'm just using screen cap for the pictures.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

VGE
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 27th Apr 2010 at 2:41 AM
If you have the version number in your corner screen, you've been activating testingcheatsenabled from the neighbourhood. If you don't do that, the version number should disappear the next time you load the game.

If you enter Cameraman mode (which is TAB), the UCP and the queue should also disappear. You can get much closer shots than just with Screen Cap.
Scholar
#3 Old 27th Apr 2010 at 5:27 AM
This is a tutorial on this site that might help you. Not sure if it answers your specific questions but it's got very useful info on advanced picture taking.

http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...ly_Bitchin_Pics
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 30th Apr 2010 at 12:30 AM
Thanks for the help you two! But it's weird... even when I try to disable the cheat that makes the version appear it still appears, and the little "action" icons (like when it shows what they are currently engaged in) still show up (in Cameraman mode).

Are there any mods that are known to do this? Or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks!!!
V
Scholar
#5 Old 30th Apr 2010 at 12:58 AM
I know the version number might hang around for a while during the same play session, even if you've disabled the cheat. But the other stuff should DEFINITELY be disappearing.

Do you have any camera mods installed?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 30th Apr 2010 at 1:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ForeverCamp
I know the version number might hang around for a while during the same play session, even if you've disabled the cheat. But the other stuff should DEFINITELY be disappearing.

Do you have any camera mods installed?

No, not any camera mods... it's very strange.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 1st May 2010 at 8:09 PM
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/...pg?t=1272740913

This is what it looks like in cameraman mode with print screen ^
Scholar
#8 Old 1st May 2010 at 10:37 PM
I'm baffled. Try asking in the Help forums, maybe?
Scholar
#9 Old 3rd May 2010 at 10:01 PM
I just realized why that stuff is still showing up, as I was taking pictures in my own game. You're using Printscreen, which will capture the image EXACTLY as it shows, whereas I use the C button to take my photos using the game's camera. Therefore, that's why my queue disappears in the end product, and yours isn't. Duh, FC, nice going...

Why don't you just use the game camera and then retrieve the pictures from your Storytelling folder in My Documents > EA Games > Sims 2?
Site Helper
#10 Old 3rd May 2010 at 10:53 PM
You can also go into build mode, then click the terrain paint icon and put the cursor over a floor tile to hide it. That hides the gridlines.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook