Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Dec 2013 at 1:06 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default wrong file type
hey

i downloaded a house some time ago and now im trying to install it.
my only problem: its a .package-file
is it possible to install it or to convert it into .sims2pack?

thanks for any help.
glibber
Advertisement
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#2 Old 3rd Dec 2013 at 1:11 PM
Do you have a link to the download? You can also try contacting the creator via the comments tab.

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd Dec 2013 at 2:04 PM
its actual a non-MTS download
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#4 Old 3rd Dec 2013 at 2:06 PM
That makes it a bit harder to help you. Why not ask on the site/blog you downloaded it from?

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 3rd Dec 2013 at 4:00 PM
I tried but the creator hasnt been online since 2 years.
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#6 Old 3rd Dec 2013 at 4:16 PM
well, can you give us a link?

Site Helper
#7 Old 3rd Dec 2013 at 4:22 PM
First: be sure it's not a Sims 3 package...

Now I'm quoting from the Downloading for Fracking Geniuses article:

Package

Most custom content files will be in .package format. Package files go in My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads

If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one.

Occasionally, some Package files won't go in Downloads. Collections files will come in Package format, but they'll go in My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Collections

In other words, if it's a collection it goes in Collections. Otherwise it goes in Downloads, unless there were other instructions.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Site Helper
#8 Old 3rd Dec 2013 at 7:42 PM
Lot packages need to be installed into the LotCatalog folder. However, you will need to rename the lot to match the naming conventions in that folder (cx_########.package).
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#9 Old 3rd Dec 2013 at 8:43 PM
You should also check the lot in SimPE first, because if it's a .package file, it might have been ripped straight out of a neighbourhood's Lots folder.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.