Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Oct 2017 at 2:40 PM Last edited by Lyralei : 22nd Oct 2017 at 10:25 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Nraas traveler + making your own vacation world
Hi guys! I've been making japanese inspired worlds using lots from one of my favorite creators here, Masaharu777. But I just discovered recently my computer lags when trying to play a save with all his lots. I've figured out a small vacation world may actually be best.

So with nraas traveler I know that you travel to actual worlds *not saves* so would it be best to go ahead and edit the world in caw and then to edit in game and place the lots there so that every time I want to travel to this world and from whichever save I'm playing this vacation world will already have the lots I want placed?
also...
How functional are base camps in player made vacation worlds? There's no missions ofc (right?) and so they just function as a place to stay?
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 21st Oct 2017 at 7:23 PM
First, I would do a test. Travel to that world. Delete 50% of those lots. Does it still lag?

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Oct 2017 at 8:27 PM
nope I just went to it. lag was definitely from my the large lots filled with items I placed in other worlds.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 21st Oct 2017 at 10:15 PM
On the Base Camp question, they really aren't necessary for custom destinations unless you want your sims to stay in one and like to have one so it attracts other Tourists, and no I don't believe there would be any missions provided. I never use them, except when traveling to WA worlds. When your sims arrive in a world with no Base Camp, they will be asked "Where do you want to stay?" and be presented with a map and can choose any uninhabited lot; think of the cost of lodging having been built into the sims' travel tickets. Actually, if you have Uni you will be asked "Where do you want to stay this term?" and it will look like it's suggesting dorms and frat/sorority houses, but the mod/game knows you aren't really in Uni World. That's a bug we have yet to fix.

One slight danger is that if the world has no Base Camp and every single residential lot is occupied, you can get stuck on the arrival screen with no way to get out of it. I usually try to place at least one empty 10x10 residential lot in every world I play to make sure silly things like that never happen.

Be careful when placing a Base Camp, on the lot type selection screen in Edit Town it will look like there are two of them but one is really the ITF future world community center (if you have ITF in play, that is) and that one won't work right in other worlds.
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#5 Old 22nd Oct 2017 at 10:24 AM