Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Aug 2010 at 4:58 PM
Poor single mom *tear*
Everything was going fine for (insert sim name her now to be known as isnh), she was dating the quarterback, she was doing great in her final year of high school and was even a journalist (she loved to write). She was super popular, and everything was perfect until she fell pregnant with her boyfriend's baby. After that, no one wanted to see her, especially not the father. She also fell behind on her schoolwork, meaning that she could no longer do her journalism! But she wanted this baby, ahe loved it and if no one else did, too bad for them.

4 years later

So in CAS make a very beautiful young adult female sim. This the (isnh) from ^^ . So as for her clothing don't make her look too poor (after all her mom was family-oriented so she let her and her baby stay at home, but enough is enough). But also don't make her look wealthy (tight budget when there's an extra face around). Overall she should look like she's still trying to be a teenager. Then make an adorable little boy or girl toddler (after all, the father was GORGEOUS!!). This is (isnh)'s little angel.

Here are their traits:

mother sim -bookworm
-charismatic
-hopeless romantic
-excitable (still a teen at heart)
-you choose

baby sim -light sleeper
-excitable
(basically, these two traits make for a normal baby, but when they age into a kid their traits can be anything you want, the worse for the mother the better)

Now for the rules:
1. Your sim can have relationships throughout the challenge, but may not get married until her child is a teen (her baby is the most important thing)

2. The child can never have the evil trait, thought they may be mean spirited (they can be mean, but their momma taught them better than to be really evil)-EVEN WITH THE OPTIONAL RULE!!!

and 3. Your mother sim must try to climb the journalism career track throughout the challenge but she can never put her job over her baby (if you want, you can make her quit her job if ever she gets the wish/want to, and then make her start all over. But you don't have to.)

Optional rules:
-Your baby sim must be very rebellious (the total oppisite of what their mother was in school) and cannot get along with mother
-okay so theres only one but you get the idea

HAVE FUN!! ps. challenge (may end) when the baby sim grows up into a young adult

WHAT DO YA THINK hmmmmm??
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 5th Aug 2010 at 5:02 PM
So if the original baby grows older and becomes a YA, can we make the mom marry and have MORE kids? :D

That'd be so cool!

Maybe....Have twins, if she has twins, and they are both opposites...A mamma's girl/boy and a loner?

That'd be interesting.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th Aug 2010 at 5:05 PM
ya, technically the mom can marry when the baby is a teen, but ya thats the idea and ya i think thatd b okay, plus forgot to mention, she can work towards any job, she didnt have to be in journalism at high school, she could have done make up at a slaon and then become a stylist, you know what i mean?
Field Researcher
#4 Old 5th Aug 2010 at 5:07 PM
Yeah.

I can't wait to try this challenge out later.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 5th Aug 2010 at 5:15 PM
yay thx
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 9th Aug 2010 at 6:31 PM
bump...
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 13th Aug 2010 at 4:13 AM
This is pretty cool, so
she is now living on her
own right, you don't have to make her parents or anything,
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#8 Old 13th Aug 2010 at 5:10 AM
Why do people think that the seed for their probably-lame sim story constitutes a challenge? There are SO many of these so-called "challenges", but the thing is, they AREN'T ACTUALLY CHALLENGES.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Theorist
#9 Old 13th Aug 2010 at 5:34 AM
Hmmm rude much? ^

"Challenges" often introduce people to playing to ways that they normally would not have, they don't necessarily have to be challenging

This seems like it would be very fun!!

Hi I'm Paul!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 13th Aug 2010 at 4:23 PM
Robodl, but everyone's entitled to their own opinion, im just happy that some ppl like it and yes katysim3, shes living on her own, the parents part was just for her background, although, if you want more of a challenge you can make her young and have her live with her parents, and then (if you have teen pregnancy mod) get her pregnant and then when she becomes a YA, move her to another neighborhood or lot

thx 4 reading
Test Subject
#11 Old 14th Aug 2010 at 12:48 AM
so can we make twins in CAS instead of a solo? and if we do, can we make them opposites? for example:

baby1's traits as toddler: light sleeper, excitable
baby2's traits as toddler: heavy sleeper, grumpy

baby1's traits as child: light sleeper, excitable, friendly
baby2's traits as child: heavy sleeper, grumpy, mean spirited

baby1's traits as teen: light sleeper, excitable, friendly, neat
baby2's traits as teen: heavy sleeper, grumpy, mean spirited, slob

baby1's traits as young adult: light sleeper, excitable, friendly, neat, hopeless romantic
baby2's traits as young adult: heavy sleeper, grumpy, mean spirited, slob, commitment issues

that's just an example, but you get the point. one angel, and one devil.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 14th Aug 2010 at 2:32 AM
ya, im sure thatd b fun, and i always change challenges, so i dont have any really strict rules, if you want to make it a little but more challenging go ahead challenges are about having fun, and fun is different for everyone, and plus, that just sounds like fun
Test Subject
#13 Old 14th Aug 2010 at 8:44 PM
Default Awesome!
This challenge sounds SOOO AWESOME! I'm Trying it asap! One question tho..What do you reckon would be the best life spane to have it on? Epic would just take ages and i don't want the mum to be really old when the chlleng ends..What do you think?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 16th Aug 2010 at 6:44 PM
idk, i usually set my games to long, so thats what im using, but if you find that that is too long or too short feel free to change it, long id just what im used to :P
Space Pony
#15 Old 18th Aug 2010 at 7:47 PM Last edited by Enirei : 19th Aug 2010 at 7:10 PM.
Got a mod that allows teen pregnancy and teen households... I've created the Ashworth family, the head John Ashworth aspires to be leader of the free world. His wife Kaitlin's job is to take care of their two children Michelle and Peter. Peter is going to follow in his father's footsteps while Michelle wishes to become a journalist. I have yet to start playing with the family though when Michelle gets pregnant its going to be a scandal to the point that John wants her out of the house. Been thinking perhaps not the high school quarter back but perhaps a married man who denies all knowledge of Michelle and her baby. Thus poor pregnant Michelle would be kicked out on the streets.

Add on:
In Riverview Michelle met Aiden Jones, a rich and married man who she thought loved her. When she told her about her little one on the way he wanted her to have an abortion. Her father and mother did too, but she refused and was kicked out with just enough money to buy a small cheap house.

Her baby Jesse was born with the traits Neat and Easily Impressed since the pregnancy was anything but smooth.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#16 Old 19th Aug 2010 at 5:46 PM
AWWW i luv hearing sims stories and, nice twist with the whole married man, thing, keep me/us updated
Space Pony
#17 Old 19th Aug 2010 at 8:09 PM Last edited by Enirei : 19th Aug 2010 at 10:48 PM.
Okay... I've gotten to the point where Jesse Ashworth has grown up, had a daughter of her own when she was still a teen (you'd think her mother had warned her) and her teen daughter is pregnant. I have a personal goal to see how many generations I can get in a house with one getting pregnant 7 days before aging to YA. So far it looks like 4 generations.

Anyhow, story part (pictures are hidden with spoiler):

Michelle Ashworth thought she found love in Aiden Jones, who cared that he was already married. She loved him. But then she became pregnant and his true colors showed. He didn't want anything to do with her or the baby. Her own father did not want anything to do with her either if she kept the baby.

So she moved out to a little two bedroom one bathroom house. She sold some things to make sure she had enough money to make ends meet and gathered vegetables from the local community garden for food.

Her little Jesse was born and Michelle decided to stay close while she could. She did use some of her money to hire a babysitter for when she went to school. Michelle knew that if she wanted to provide well for her baby she had to at least finish high school. She worked on writing when Jesse did not need her full attention for some income.

Little Jesse reached childhood happy and content to play with her toy chest. Once Jesse was in school, Michelle felt comfortable enough to begin pursuing a career in journalism. She made sure to keep fresh home cooked food in the fridge and play tag when Jesse asked.

Michelle was content. She was doing well at her job, Jesse was doing well at school and making friends. Then the teen years hit. Michelle was a bit suspicious when a slightly older boy Bimble Bryon started hanging around talking with Jesse but she had warned her daughter about teen pregnancies before. Though Jesse did not listen, had a daughter Beautrice and Bimble lived in a crowded house with no room for little Beautrice and Jesse. Thus it was the three of them. Michelle helped out but she made it clear that Beautrice was Jesse's responsibility and it was Jesse's job to teach her daughter the basics.

Beautrice aged fine, all the way up to her teenage years. She liked hanging with her friends and one day while in the movie theatre things got a little hot between her and her classmate Donnell Rhodes. And of course she got pregnant. Michelle is beginning to wonder if there is a thing about Ashworth women and wondering if having a great-grandson will break the cycle.

Sorry... I got into playing and forgot to take screen captures after Beautrice was a toddler. I'll post pictures of her and her baby later once its born and aged to toddler.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#18 Old 20th Aug 2010 at 6:17 PM
OOOOhh i lovelovelovelovelovelovelovelove it yay, and i like your idea of the generations, smart thinkion'
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 21st Aug 2010 at 1:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by J. M. Pescado
Why do people think that the seed for their probably-lame sim story constitutes a challenge? There are SO many of these so-called "challenges", but the thing is, they AREN'T ACTUALLY CHALLENGES.

Wow rude, why are you even on here then.
Space Pony
#20 Old 23rd Aug 2010 at 4:28 PM Last edited by Enirei : 5th Jan 2011 at 5:38 PM.
Continuing on with the Ashworth teenage story... (again, pictures hidden by spoiler)

Beautrice was pregnant. She went into labor at home while watching tv with her grandmother Michelle. Judging by the look on her face, Michelle was thinking "Not again..." and a happy bouncing baby boy named Reese was born.

Jesse is now a scientist. Her LTW is to grow 8 perfect plants (easy to start when watching a toddler). Beautrice wants to become a star athlete, while Michelle has already completed her LTW and is now retired.

I think I'm going to aim for Reese gaining enough money to move back into his great-great-grandfather's home since Michelle's brother Peter had no children at they are the only heirs.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#21 Old 28th Aug 2010 at 4:55 PM
oooh cool
Space Pony
#22 Old 5th Jan 2011 at 6:22 PM
The Ashworth family is still alive and kicking. Michelle Ashworth finally died of old age, surrounded by family. (again, images hidden by spoiler)

Though life goes on. Jesse and Beautrice still working on their LTW while Reese ages, he has a fling with someone in high school but luckily no babies result from it.

Jesse also dies of old age, out working in her garden. At this point in time, both she and her daughter have completed their LTW and Reese has the LTW of living in the lap of luxury.

Reese has a fling with a coworker in the Business Career track (in a hot tub but I missed her by a few seconds) and has a daughter out of wedlock named Dusty. Caught sight of her being taught to walk by her mother.

Reese while looking into the house that his great-great-grandfather lived in noted it was a bit small. He looked into the home that his great-grandfather(Aiden Jones) lived in and saw it was a nice sized mansion. The one in Riverview on that hill by itself.

So Reese's plan shifted. He would move his family into the house of the man that would not recognize his grandmother and great-grandmother. So he visits and discovers it is occupied by two women. An elderly vampire Ms Herron and a teenage girl named Wendy of no relations to the vampire. He wooed her into marrying him, getting his way into the house and bringing his mother along and they spent their wedding night in the same bed that started the surviving Ashworth family line.

He and his mother noticed the four ghosts wandering around on the grounds, the Remingtons. The patriarch the one who had built the house and was the uncle of Aiden Jones' wife. Reese began to ponder this development.

Wendy gave birth to a daughter named Michelle in memory of her great-great grandmother. Wendy then gave birth to a son named Mikhail after completing her LTW of being a Culinary Librarian (she was still a YA). Beautrice died of old age soon after Mikhail aged to childhood.

With the birth of his daughter, Reese's plan expanded to stake an undeniable claim onto the house. He had his daughter woe the ghost teenage son of the Remingtons, Cody. She got pregnant with twins, Carey and Caleb (Carey having the ghost trait). Though both Wendy and Michelle have been working on skills to make Ambrosia so he will not have it for long.

Collage of Michelle and Cody after woohooing, pregnant Michelle, and Cody raiding the fridge.

Reese's plans of joining the Ashworth and Remmingtons families did not end there. The Remingtons had a young daughter Kristen who was still floating around and he had a son that was unattached. So using the Oh My Ghost opportunity, Kristen was added to the household, still a child. Her along with Carey have both eaten ambrosia and are now fully human. Kristen relationship with Mikhail is very high and ripe for the taking for when she becomes a teenager.

Unfortunately before this section of his master plan could be realized, Reese died (long after completing his LTW).

So the teenage pregnancy story has turned into one of a man trying to stake a claim into the privileged world that kicked out pregnant teenager.

Not sure now what I'm going to do with the Ashworths after Mikhail and Kristen have their children. But oh well, had some fun and will figure something out.
Test Subject
#23 Old 7th Jan 2011 at 3:57 AM
Enirei I love your Ashworth story!!!!! I wish I had a teen pregnancy mod but I'm too afraid of messing with my game
Space Pony
#24 Old 9th Jan 2011 at 5:48 PM
Thanks mjallet, first time I made a challenge into a long and involved story line. I sent a pm to you explaining my take on mods and what teen pregnancy mod I use.
Field Researcher
#25 Old 13th Jan 2011 at 3:31 AM
i think it's the "YOU HAVE TOO DO xxx thing..." in order to be participating in said "challenge"

i also think pescado kindof enjoys comming off as a jerk. personally, i will always love the man even if i dont know jack squatt about his politicks or personal hygene. he is the creator of the omgwtfbbq for sims 2 if i recall correctly, and he will forever have my undying love for that alone. i've seen a buttload of other cool stuff by him too. he just comes off as "surly".

i could be wrong though, he could be a flaming bag of dookey, i still love him. the bbq and all...
Locked thread
Page 1 of 2