Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Aug 2012 at 9:16 AM Last edited by ~aureza : 6th Aug 2012 at 9:35 AM. Reason: Added screenshot
Default Q: Unlocked Forge Choices with Pirates & Nobles
I have an odd... dilemma.

Is it normal that my Blacksmith, newly made, on her first quest (only Level 1 with a Cruddium Hammer) has these items unlocked and ready-to-be-made at her Forge? (See image attached.)

I created a new kingdom in time to try out Pirates & Nobles which I just installed. Everything's ok except messing around with some debugs and cheats to decorate the buildings. Played a few quests with my Monarch as well as my Knight, Merchant and Spy when I was able to buy their buildings.

The Blacksmith was next. I bought the Smithy and created a new Blacksmith. My dilemma of sorts is that I discovered there were new weapons and armor to be made, all seemingly without material cost and available at Level 1 with a Cruddium Hammer (although at yellow). It was strange to me since they seemed to be really good equipment too. The first thing I did was forge a "Frostfang" and did it successfully. I checked it out in my inventory and it seemed legit... and could also sell for 4,000. That didn't seem right so I did a couple of things:

Note: I make an individual save listing at the start of every quest.

1. Closed the game and disabled "TestingCheatsEnabled" (from 1 to 0) in the Commands file. Re-launched the game and loaded my "start quest" save file.
-New equipment can still be forged

2. Closed the game and removed all mods. Re-launched game and loaded save.
-New equipment can still be forged

I don't know if it's a feature with the expansion, since I haven't encountered these items before or I just did something to my game. It's not that big of a problem since it doesn't interfere with my gameplay or anything that I notice (yet). It just bugs me a little bit since I try not to modify my game too much, always taking care only to decorate and do things on an aesthetic level.

If it's a bug, is there anyway to pinpoint how it became activated? Like buydebug or something? So I can put it out of my mind. Thanks.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 6th Aug 2012 at 11:31 AM
P&N added quite a lot of things right at the start for the blacksmith. There's staffs and weapons that don't do much either and random junk as well as I recall. The lords arnor has really bad stats on it as I recall, isn't it really heavy? The armor is a 'for show' armor.
I think the better ones of those items have been unlocked at your blacksmiths by other sims. You get the shovel and armor unlocked automatically once a sim finds them treasure hunting, so I think they've been unlocked by another sim...and I think a couple of the swords there get unlocked from quests or from treasure hunting again, so again by another sim who's done the relevant quest or has found them in a treasure chest.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Aug 2012 at 10:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ChickieTeeta
P&N added quite a lot of things right at the start for the blacksmith. There's staffs and weapons that don't do much either and random junk as well as I recall. The lords arnor has really bad stats on it as I recall, isn't it really heavy? The armor is a 'for show' armor.
I think the better ones of those items have been unlocked at your blacksmiths by other sims. You get the shovel and armor unlocked automatically once a sim finds them treasure hunting, so I think they've been unlocked by another sim...and I think a couple of the swords there get unlocked from quests or from treasure hunting again, so again by another sim who's done the relevant quest or has found them in a treasure chest.

Thanks for the reply, ChickieTeeta, I was going mad from speculating. Yes... I might have unlocked these items from other quests I finished but I cannot in good conscience forge them because they are either expensive enough to live comfortably on or good enough to actually use. Well, until I get to a certain level and deem my Blacksmith 'worthy' to forge them.

Does the unlocking also count previous kingdom quests? Because I already finished the Animuslaver quest and I don't know if it should be on my list or it's a quest-specific item.

Here are the stats for the equipment I 'unlocked'. Is it okay if you check one last time to see if it's "legal" for me to have. I've also noticed that I only have a few items on my level besides the new expansion ones I'm complaining about so that gave me a little peace of mind.

I've marked the ones that seem dubious for me to have.

1. Admiral's Vengeance
Atk: 6
Wt: 1

2. Frostfang (this one I actually forged, it turns you into a ghost when you sharpen it)
Atk: 7
Wt: 2

3. Blacksail's Blade
Atk: 9
Wt: 5

4. Noble Lord's Armor (on the contrary... it's actually lightweight for the defense it gives)
Def: 10
Wt: 4

5. Reaper Disguise
Def: 1

6. Demonshroud (this one is supposed to be only found while Treasure Hunting, at least according to the limited Google results I've found)
Def: 8
Wt: 3

Sources: http://thesimsmedieval.wikia.com/wiki/Equipment and http://thesimsmedieval.wikia.com/wi..._Nobles_weapons

I haven't forged most myself (except Frostfang) to see if the wiki ones are accurate but I might do that later.
Scholar
#4 Old 7th Aug 2012 at 4:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ~aureza
Thanks for the reply, ChickieTeeta, I was going mad from speculating. Yes... I might have unlocked these items from other quests I finished but I cannot in good conscience forge them because they are either expensive enough to live comfortably on or good enough to actually use. Well, until I get to a certain level and deem my Blacksmith 'worthy' to forge them.

Does the unlocking also count previous kingdom quests? Because I already finished the Animuslaver quest and I don't know if it should be on my list or it's a quest-specific item.

Here are the stats for the equipment I 'unlocked'. Is it okay if you check one last time to see if it's "legal" for me to have. I've also noticed that I only have a few items on my level besides the new expansion ones I'm complaining about so that gave me a little peace of mind.

I've marked the ones that seem dubious for me to have.

1. Admiral's Vengeance
Atk: 6

2. Frostfang (this one I actually forged, it turns you into a ghost when you sharpen it)
Atk: 7
Wt: 2

3. Blacksail's Blade
Atk: 9
Wt: 5

4. Noble Lord's Armor (on the contrary... it's actually lightweight for the defense it gives)
Def: 10
Wt: 4

5. Reaper Disguise
Def: 1

6. Demonshroud (this one is supposed to be only found while Treasure Hunting, at least according to the limited Google results I've found)
Def: 8
Wt: 3

Sources: http://thesimsmedieval.wikia.com/wiki/Equipment and http://thesimsmedieval.wikia.com/wi..._Nobles_weapons

I haven't forged most myself (except Frostfang) to see if the wiki ones are accurate but I might do that later.

Thanks for the stats. I like the lord's armor and was looking at it 2 nights ago in my game, and it was almost as heavy as it was defensive, which saddened me. I'm thinking there may be 2 versions, since the one you list here is noble lords armor, perhaps there's just a lord's armor too with worse stats. Unless the buyable one is different from the forged one. It could just be that the stat hover didn't catch up with itself when I switched which armor I was viewing, but it did say it was like a show piece so I'm sure the description was matched right. Going to have to start my game and see what the hell I was looking at the other night now lol.

And no, nothing carries over from another kingdom.....except the counts towards some of the achievements, but aside from that, your kingdom is a fresh game.

I'll check through some of my kingdoms where I didn't play the blacksmith much, if at all, and see what they have available to them.
Scholar
#5 Old 7th Aug 2012 at 4:25 PM
I was looking at the Lord's plate armor. Same thumbnail. Stats are 6 for both defense and weight.

All my blacksmiths are lvl 10 lol. I'm about to start a new kingdom, just playing the last quest on my current kingdom. If you can wait till I do a bit of treasure hunting, I'll find the things you listed and then drop in a blacksmith and check for you.
I'm fairly sure your items are legal though, and if it is a glitch in the game then you should take advantage of the glitch...maybe your blacksmith is a one of a kind genius =P
Scholar
#6 Old 8th Aug 2012 at 5:54 AM
k, I've found blacksails blade, frostfang, demonshroud and silver eye shovel while treasure hunting but they're not at the blacksmiths. She has really crap low stuff, so unless you got them from a quest it looks like they're probably not meant to be there.
I found them off the maps, I guess there's always a chance it unlocks if you dig it up from random digging, but probably a glitch.
Forum Resident
#7 Old 8th Aug 2012 at 8:56 AM Last edited by Belzader : 8th Aug 2012 at 9:10 AM.
Some can be bought from the village shop i think, haven't played for awhile so don't remember which.
Or maybe i have a mod that let me do that i have many of Shimrods and i think there's one about the village shop or that gives one more books but i'm not a member of the new site so can't check.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 9th Aug 2012 at 3:23 AM
k, I've found blacksails blade, frostfang, demonshroud and silver eye shovel while treasure hunting but they're not at the blacksmiths. She has really crap low stuff, so unless you got them from a quest it looks like they're probably not meant to be there.
I found them off the maps, I guess there's always a chance it unlocks if you dig it up from random digging, but probably a glitch.

Oh, thanks for checking those out! I'm leveling up my Blacksmith and she's unlocked an assortment of Fiery items with really decent stats.

I haven't tried treasure hunting yet since I'm focusing on my ambition right now and haven't explored the features that came with PN aside from the falcon. I'm probably glitched... though I have no idea how.

On a side note... what does Cloudy Well Water do? There are also some thing unlocked for my Wizard and Spy crafts that I have no idea if they should be there or not.
Scholar
#9 Old 9th Aug 2012 at 1:41 PM
Oh, thanks for checking those out! I'm leveling up my Blacksmith and she's unlocked an assortment of Fiery items with really decent stats.

I haven't tried treasure hunting yet since I'm focusing on my ambition right now and haven't explored the features that came with PN aside from the falcon. I'm probably glitched... though I have no idea how.

On a side note... what does Cloudy Well Water do? There are also some thing unlocked for my Wizard and Spy crafts that I have no idea if they should be there or not.

My smith has a load of fiery items too, she got them around lvl 3. Don't know what the stats on them are though, I didn't look.

Is the cloudy well water the quest water involving dacian? That either appears right at the start or hangs around after you've done the quest it's used in.
I've never tried making it outwith the quest.

I'm doing a quest with the doctor and smith just now, if you can wait again I'll add a spy or wizard next and check what they have available at the start.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 9th Aug 2012 at 9:24 PM
My smith has a load of fiery items too, she got them around lvl 3. Don't know what the stats on them are though, I didn't look.

Is the cloudy well water the quest water involving dacian? That either appears right at the start or hangs around after you've done the quest it's used in.
I've never tried making it outwith the quest.

I'm doing a quest with the doctor and smith just now, if you can wait again I'll add a spy or wizard next and check what they have available at the start.

Sure no rush. Ugh, I haven't done the quest you're mentioning since I've never heard of a "dacian" before. I wonder what caused my game to unlock all this stuff... well it's not really a game breaker thankfully. I just have to be careful not to exploit them too much as I'm trying to play as cleanly as I can.

Thank you for all the help.
Scholar
#11 Old 10th Aug 2012 at 4:31 AM
Sure no rush. Ugh, I haven't done the quest you're mentioning since I've never heard of a "dacian" before. I wonder what caused my game to unlock all this stuff... well it's not really a game breaker thankfully. I just have to be careful not to exploit them too much as I'm trying to play as cleanly as I can.

Thank you for all the help.

Dacian is the heir to Tredony.
And nope, I have 4 standard items on the spy right at the start. None of the quest things are there.
Seems you have a lucky kingdom, once in a lifetime opportunity, over-run with geniuses. I'd take advantage of that =P lol
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 10th Aug 2012 at 6:16 AM
Dacian is the heir to Tredony.
And nope, I have 4 standard items on the spy right at the start. None of the quest things are there.
Seems you have a lucky kingdom, once in a lifetime opportunity, over-run with geniuses. I'd take advantage of that =P lol

Yeah, I'm quite happy too since this is the kingdom I will re-use for my other ambitions. When they all get to level 10 I'll start 'exploiting' this, since I believe they (and I as their Watcher) have earned it at least in my head lol.
Scholar
#13 Old 11th Aug 2012 at 3:39 PM
Yeah, I'm quite happy too since this is the kingdom I will re-use for my other ambitions. When they all get to level 10 I'll start 'exploiting' this, since I believe they (and I as their Watcher) have earned it at least in my head lol.

Am I the only one who looks forward to ending a kingdom and starting a fresh one?
It won't really be exploiting it if you wait till lvl 10 since it will all be unlocked legally by then......out of curiosity if your smith has higher lvl armor and weapons available to them at lvl 1 can they actually make them yet?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 11th Aug 2012 at 9:22 PM
Yes, my Smith can actually make them. Some of them don't even need any materials. They don't seem to be bugged, just unlocked early. But some of the items shouldn't actually be forged, like those that you can only get via treasure hunting. I intend to wait til level 10 to make them as 'legal' as possible because this is my 'learning' kingdom and I wanted it to be clean, if not overly-customized.

This is actually my second kingdom, but I want to re-use it to continue on with my generations (I plan to use the "Retire from Profession" from the Core Mod).

But also I will be making new kingdoms depending on roleplay or whatnot, like my Henry VIII idea. I just want a comfortable kingdom that I don't mind continuing on with to finish the game and unlock all the achievements and ambitions with.
Scholar
#15 Old 12th Aug 2012 at 6:10 AM Last edited by ChickieTeeta : 12th Aug 2012 at 4:36 PM.
Yes, my Smith can actually make them. Some of them don't even need any materials. They don't seem to be bugged, just unlocked early. But some of the items shouldn't actually be forged, like those that you can only get via treasure hunting. I intend to wait til level 10 to make them as 'legal' as possible because this is my 'learning' kingdom and I wanted it to be clean, if not overly-customized.

This is actually my second kingdom, but I want to re-use it to continue on with my generations (I plan to use the "Retire from Profession" from the Core Mod).

But also I will be making new kingdoms depending on roleplay or whatnot, like my Henry VIII idea. I just want a comfortable kingdom that I don't mind continuing on with to finish the game and unlock all the achievements and ambitions with.

ALL the things you've mentioned are available to the smith by lvl 10, maybe earlier.

I love all my old kingdoms, but I'm always glad I made new ones. My favorite so far is kingdom 12, I had a lot of laugh out loud moments during that kingdom, but the first one I thoroughly enjoyed the characters in was kingdom 3, they were the first set of sims that didn't annoy me by the end, and I was really sad when I finished the last quest. If I'd stuck with that I'd never have had the 12th one though.
The sims are so random, even one with the same traits in the same profession won't act exactly the same way in another kingdom. Also if you have weird kingdom glitches they don't carry over to a fresh kingdom. I don't think I've ever come across the same glitch twice.
I have very few bugs and any quests that haven't ended which have been 2 so far, have both been because I overlooked something, or the one achievement that seemed bugged was badly worded and required something more specific than what it stated. I kind of think the kingdoms weren't meant to be played for so long and some of the apparent bugs are due to kingdom over-use and others are due to too much tampering with testing cheats and debug options. I can't prove that though. I just know that I'm very fickle and a huge coward when it comes to tampering with my game, I test debug options for a while in a temporary kingdom before I'll use them in a kingdom I'm actually playing, and I experience very few bugs or glitches and the ones I have had haven't been game-breaking.
I also like to drop my fave sims in to different professions. I like screenshots and a new profession gives them a different set of animations. And I like to decorate all the places a different way each time, and I love seeing what the new NPC's are like after you've edited them in CAS. A couple of my now fave heroes were originally NPC's from my 14th kingdom. I also love that each kingdom seems to develop it's very own personality.
I'm the same in all the sims games though since TS2. I love to start new neighborhoods, and in TS3 it's pretty much the only thing that will make me start the game up is to try out a new custom neighborhood.
I like the idea of generations, but given I can't stay in one place too long lol and I like to be able to unlock all the buildings and gather the other territories, I was going to save all the kids in one kingdom to the sim bin and start a fresh kingdom using them as the new heroes, with the oldest royal child being monarch. For curiosity to see how that will play out more than anything else.

I've only heard a couple of other people say they enjoy starting afresh, it seems most like to stick with the same kingdom. I know from experience how much I would have missed out on if I'd done that though.
I may start a proper generational kingdom eventually to do it properly since who knows what I've missed out on by not doing that and also to see if it becomes bugged or overly glitchy after long use. I think I'd have problems with that though as my 5 fave sims would have to be immortal, I know I wouldn't be able to kill them. I'm really bad at my job as 'Watcher' lol.
Test Subject
#16 Old 31st Mar 2013 at 3:15 PM
Ok, what are the cheats you used, PLEASE I WANT THIS CHEAT!

"We are nothing but a planetary dust."