Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Nov 2013 at 4:54 PM Last edited by justJones : 10th Feb 2014 at 2:58 PM.
Default The maid challenge
Right, I havn't seen anything like this, so I guess I will give this a go.

So, what you need to do is on the options menu, ctrl shift c and write in the blue box unloickobjects on and then hit enter. Go into create a sims and make a Victorian style family. Have a mother, father and two children.a child and a toddler, is what I would recommend. Give at least the mother and father snob (and if you have SN0 proper. Those sorts of traits.Then, create a female YA sim. Scroll down and their should be a maid's outfit. Give her that, and sensible shoes. Make any other staff if needed (e.g nanny or butler, or cook, or gardener. Just be sensible) Long hair is to be tied back, no accessories except for tights for the girl (the maid dress is very short so it kinda evens it out. Not the ankles!) Delete the school.

GAMEPLAY
Use motherlode as many times as you like to make a victoriany house. SN has some nice stuff to make it. Oh, if you have SN, pleas don't use the bonehilda outfit. It's creepy.
Make a secret room (SN bookcase doors are very helpful and effective) that only your main maid can acess. You maid learns the athletic or MA if you have WA (dundundun). IM NOT BEING SEXIST BUT IT ISN'T A THING GIRLS WOULD LEARN IT'S HISTORY BEING SEXIST I AM A GIRL. If you have SN, make your maid a witch, and make the master and mistress of the house supernatural skeptic. The aim is to find times of the day to pratice this skill in this secret room.

Rules:
You can pratice your witching??? (if you have SN) in front of the toddler, unless they have the talking skill (you have to teach them all three skills). BUT, if the toddler is your bestfriend, you can no matter what, because they won't tell someone. Same goes with the child.
NO ELECTRICS (fridge and telephone is allowed. Yes to alarms but that is it. No TV or anything like that Use the weights instead of the treadmill so its like its a wooden bench and shes lifting something heavy or something)
NO BEING FRIENDS WITH THE MASTER OR MISTRESS OF THE HOUSE
HAVE FUN

COMPLETE
Once you get max of this skill, you overthrow the master and mistress (by defeating them with a spell or kicking them or something ) and they get kicked out of the house, and everyone else moves out. But if you are bestfriends with BOTH children, then they can stay with you. You pick you fav staff if you have any which is you bestfriend as well, and you live happily and stuff. You can continue playing it as a normal Victorian house, or maybe move it to the 1920's or something, I dunno.

HAPPY SIMMING
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 4th Nov 2013 at 6:56 PM
Interesting, I might do this. I like cleaning challenges for some reason. Here is a similar one except it revolves around making children and cleaning. The Nanny Challenge
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th Nov 2013 at 6:56 PM
Thanks for the feedback. I like those sort of challenges to. My poor sim is always tired but she has 50 odd apples- stupid spells Thanks for the link
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 8th Nov 2013 at 7:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ihaveanawsomebro
. You maid plays CHESS (dundundun). IM NOT BEING SEXIST BUT IT ISN'T A THING GIRLS WOULD LEARN IT'S HISTORY BEING SEXIST I AM A GIRL.

HI I'M ALSO A GIRL AND WOMEN WERE ALLOWED TO PLAY CHESS IN VICTORIAN TIMES. EVER HEARD OF MARY RUDGE? SHE JOINED THE BRISTOL AND CLIFTON CHESS ASSOCIATION IN 1872, AND IT WAS THE SECOND CHESS CLUB TO ALLOW WOMEN TO JOIN. AND PLENTY OF WOMEN PLAYED WITHOUT BEING IN A CLUB. SO IT WASN'T FORBIDDEN OR A SECRET. RESEARCH THINGS BEFORE YOU SAY THAT HISTORY IS MORE SEXIST THAN YOU ARE. THIS IS JUST AS BAD AS EVOPSYCH. ALSO, BEING A GIRL DOES NOT MEAN YOU CAN'T BE SEXIST, JUST LOOK AT THE CONCERNED WOMEN OF AMERICA. THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME.

Wouldn't Athletics or Martial Arts be a better fit for the storyline, anyway?

Also, the Victorian period did have electricity. In fact, they had telephones from 1876 onward and refrigerators from 1805.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 9th Nov 2013 at 9:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by hugbug993
HI I'M ALSO A GIRL AND WOMEN WERE ALLOWED TO PLAY CHESS IN VICTORIAN TIMES. EVER HEARD OF MARY RUDGE? SHE JOINED THE BRISTOL AND CLIFTON CHESS ASSOCIATION IN 1872, AND IT WAS THE SECOND CHESS CLUB TO ALLOW WOMEN TO JOIN. AND PLENTY OF WOMEN PLAYED WITHOUT BEING IN A CLUB. SO IT WASN'T FORBIDDEN OR A SECRET. RESEARCH THINGS BEFORE YOU SAY THAT HISTORY IS MORE SEXIST THAN YOU ARE. THIS IS JUST AS BAD AS EVOPSYCH. ALSO, BEING A GIRL DOES NOT MEAN YOU CAN'T BE SEXIST, JUST LOOK AT THE CONCERNED WOMEN OF AMERICA. THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME.

Wouldn't Athletics or Martial Arts be a better fit for the storyline, anyway?

Also, the Victorian period did have electricity. In fact, they had telephones from 1876 onward and refrigerators from 1805.

Oh sorry. I will change it slightly. Guess my history isn't up to scratch
Been a LONG time since Ive studied the victorians
EDIT: Ive changed it to athletic and allowed a few electrics
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 9th Nov 2014 at 6:14 PM
This seems like a cool challenge! When I fix up my game I'm going to try it.

“You want weapons? We’re in a library! Books! The best weapons in the world!”
— The Doctor, Season 2, Episode 2
Test Subject
#7 Old 27th Nov 2014 at 7:09 PM
i am trying it! i love cleaning challenges too for some reason. I can prob not do all the things EXACTLY but ill try : )
Test Subject
#8 Old 28th Nov 2014 at 5:29 PM
I would do this, but I lost the registration code for SPN :/ I might try a slightly edited version of this, because I love the idea!
Instructor
#9 Old 17th Dec 2014 at 5:59 PM
I'm tempted to use the Bonehilda outfit just because you said it was creepy but then I remember that a walking skeleton is probabley too obviously supernatural to fit with the story...damn it.