Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#1526 Old 9th Mar 2017 at 12:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
No, like Crumplbutt, the Charlton likes games. It's all vanilla game behavior and perfectly safe.

Thanks for clearing that up

❈ "Well, you know what they say: if you don't have anything nice to say about anybody, come sit by me!" ❈
– Clairee Belcher, "Steel Magnolias"
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#1527 Old 9th Mar 2017 at 4:28 PM
I think the Charlatan is trying to hustle people at those games. The ones he chooses are all ones that you can play for money. I've never seen him log-rolling or ax-throwing or playing pinball.

In Widespot, I played a little out of order to get Candy's son Arden, with whom she has moved downtown, all grown up to teen together. Wallys Beech had a 50/50 shot at being Romance or Popularity, and he rolled Popularity, so Hamilton's influence has apparently won out. Rhein Land and Laika Weiss had a joint party, since their mothers have married their fathers and they all live at the Hart residence now. Rhein has demonstrated over and over how thoroughly she's Mary's daughter, so she's Family and Laika has likewise shown a lot of influence from her mother and maternal grandfather so she's Knowledge. And Arden, with his huge piles of Mommy issues, is Romance. They all had good parties, but where Sandy chose her guest list with great care so that everything was peaceful, and Rhein and Laika were surrounded by friends, family, and neighbors who have no beefs with each other, Arden got treated to fights between his father and his grandfather and between the landlord and guest Peter Ottomas, who thinks Doyle the landlord is sniffing around his wife.

They all grew up into acceptable outfits, but the girls were not dressed for winter so I sent them to Trisha Travellers bookstore/beauty salon/ice cream parlor Booktique and dressed them in a related style. Rhein isn't exactly rebellious, but she's had enough of Mom's pastels and skirts. She and Laika are dressed for the winter in red and black, boots and pants, snug but not binding, retaining their signature hairstyles of cute little braids and a massive pony tail but adding a little makeup and in Laika's case getting new glasses because the old ones don't fit her face anymore. Rhein's trying out for the sports teams and Laika's going all out for the academic competition of UIL. Rhein ultimately wants three children and a househusband, and if she can carry on the family sports tradition she can support them. Laika plans to be a teacher. She's bi but not in a hurry. Wallys is also going out for sports, wearing Coach's fan jersey for luck. (He knows Valentine is his grandfather now, but still calls him Coach.) He mostly just wants a bunch of friends, though, so possibly Hamilton can encourage him into a political career.

Arden grew up perfect, in the teen style t-shirt with the skull on it.He's rebelling against Candy, who he's still mad at for liking other men (like his father) besides him, by going all dark-bad-boy, with skulls on his bedding, a carefully cultivated five-o-clock shadow and sideburns, studs on his outerwear, and the whole nine yards. Candy thinks it's adorable but wouldn't dream of letting on. The landlord won't let him repaper his bedroom (which is all pink flowers and white beadboard) so he's doing the next best thing and covering it with posters of bosomy women. He's spent enough money on his new look that either Candy needs to finish her next novel or Junior needs to cough up more child support before the next rent check comes due. His first act as a teen was to sweet talk Sharla Ottomas into a crush and he's also started working at one of the CJ Peggey's clerks. He minds shopping at CJ Peggey's, but it's right across the street from his apartment and it was the middle of the night. He also went to the municipal pool to show off his new skimpy swimsuit, but it was all old people like his paternal grandmother and guys like Rocky Beech. He played marco polo with Rocky and a townie boy till sunup and no girls came along at all.

Meanwhile, Ginger and Gavin Newson and Sadie Wilkie have graduated high school and gone off to Land Grand University to share a dorm. They have enough money for a residence, but I went to all the trouble to build those dorms, I may as well play them! Maybe sophomore year they and River Land, who hasn't left yet but I think is about to when I play the Lands, will get a place, but that's a long time from now.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Inventor
#1528 Old 9th Mar 2017 at 5:53 PM
Now with Sims 2 working on my XP tower (after Origin's agonizing download), I decided to start on a clean slate...sort of. My Sims, their custom-made clothing, hairs, etc., and mods have all transferred from my laptop. I also used whatever empty neighborhood templates I still have for some of the expansions and improved the lighting with Gunmod's radiance lighting mod.

So, the clean slate truly means my own constructed homes and updated community lots that already exist in-game. I am rebuilding those from the ground up (except I won't do the downtown's northern park lot), and I wish to share the homes with this community once they're completed. I have quite a few so this will be an interesting challenge marathon.

Another reason I decided to roll along in this diligence is because I accidentally deleted my homes' original templates - the state in which they were never occupied beforehand. Since I still had the homes in neighborhoods, luckily, I moved out their current families temporarily to save them into another template; however, I think that caused a little corruption within these lots.
Instructor
#1529 Old 9th Mar 2017 at 6:16 PM
I fixed a bug where I couldn't get two sims engaged because the game was treating one of them as already commited to two other sims. The weirdest thing? those two other sims are married . When I FINALLY saw the propose engagement option showing in their available interacions, I wasted no time, and they got married the next day. Of course, the guests paid more attention to the champagne than the ceremony. Mental note: Put that thing AFTER they get married.
Lab Assistant
#1530 Old 9th Mar 2017 at 6:23 PM
One of sims died in a house fire after not calling emergency services like I directed her to do. Instead she decided to keep screaming at the fire anyways, even after telling her to move. I clicked the fire action to get rid of it, but nope... she wanted to continue to scream at it. I feel bad for her newborn.
Inventor
#1531 Old 9th Mar 2017 at 6:46 PM
Fayport
LeBacs camping
Hyun arrived depressed at camping LeBacs where Mateo, the camping owner, gave him his own tent for free. He has his own entrance he can lock.
Luckily for him it was spring, so he won't freeze sleeping in there.
The Lebacs family helps him getting back on his feet, because Hyun barely has a penny to his name and certainly doesn't have a job.
He would like to work in a science-related business, but no luck finding such work yet. To the best of his ability, he's trying to fit in by giving attention to Mateo's children Yonas and Ajani. He also cooked a meal for everybody and tries to socialize.
His depressed state, however, does get the best of him sometimes. Then he's shedding some tears out of the blue. The others don't really know how to respond, but Mateo felt a bit sorry for him and befriended him.

Maybe Gitta Horst can turn the tables for Hyun. She passed by the camping and when he saw her, he was smitten. The chat had a bit of an akward start, but went smoother later on.
She was in a hurry, though, to get back home since she was due for work, but she did give him her number and he already called her once to chat some more.

Albin Sawicki came by to 'hide out' on the camping, escaping the cold atmosphere at his house.
He stayed for 1,5 days.
Then his wife Lupita showed up and assumedly persuaded him to come home.
I don't think she asked for herself. They do have a toddler and a child together.

At the Horst clinic
Lochlan boldly flirted with Gitta, but cowardly when his life partner Ania was at work.
Gitta, who goes through life alone welcomed the attention, but then realised it wasn't a nice thing to do and lectured him for his attempt.
She also disliked his tendency to tell her dirty jokes. While she expressed an interest in Hyun, she still has a lingering crush on Albin, stemming from their days in the Quantum Ten program, but he sure isn't thinking about her anymore.
It's high time Gitta looks to the present and see what's in front of her with Hyun.
Mad Poster
#1532 Old 9th Mar 2017 at 6:57 PM
Still playing the Monty - although this time it's Antonio, Beatrice and Benedick. The twins both rolled wants to adopt a dog, so Antonio did, naming him Balthasar.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Forum Resident
#1533 Old 9th Mar 2017 at 7:50 PM
In the forest section of my medieval island, Jacob Swift has been trying to build a new school for the kids on that side of the island. It's still not got a roof or a chimney (no indoor cooking) but he's started classes for the teens in the area. I was surprised that I've got 7 teens on that side of my town. They spent their time at the new school working on getting skill points they can't learn on their home lots (these are some of my poorest students, and none have books and few have creative objects on their own lots). Three of the teens are siblings, and a couple of the others are extended family, but the others didn't know each other well. When socializing, for the most part things went well. The one exception was Felix Green; he choose to argue with his uncle Alain Gervais. Both have low nice points, and both want to become adventurers. They had become friends as children and I think the arguments were about how they should pursue their dreams. Both want to join a ship's crew and travel together, but Felix wants to leave home now while Alain has to help at the mine and wants to wait until younger siblings are old enough to help with the work.

On the Greens' lot, Felix has started going out to see if he can find work at the harbour. It's not the same as being part of a ship's crew and travelling, but he figures that if he works hard enough there he might get known to the crews and then have an easier time getting taken on as a crew member once Alain is ready to travel too. The rest of the time, he's been helping his parents forage for edible plants. Their little roadside stand did brisk business all fall, which was great as they won't be able to forage once the snow falls. Sara and Connor helped with the foraging as well, but they spent most of their time playing and longing for the new school to start taking younger children. Connor had his teen birthday on the second last day of fall, and became a knowledge sim. He woke up the next morning with a LTW to max all the skills and a want to win the extraterrestrial reparations grant. He has full science enthusiasm, so at the end of fall he spent the night watching for UFOs (trying to find evidence of fairies). He was abducted and returned just as winter began - there were chimes. He doesn't know what they mean yet, but I'm sure he'll be thrilled.

At the Gavigans' smithy, John has finally become skilled enough to make suits of armour. That was a big help, as Mary started the fall pregnant again, and with twins again - this is her third set of natural twins. Luke helped with the business side of the smithy and Mary tried passing on some of her mechanical skill to him, but he's not very interested in tinkering. Nathan spent a lot of the fall trying to rebuild his charisma skill, only to have a work event lead to him getting the points he desperately wanted for promotion. He's now earned a title - moving up like this is costing the family a bit, but most of the family have moved to a new house in a more expensive part of town. The two teens stayed at the smithy (for now), but the three children, toddler, and newborn twins all went to the new lot. Their new neighbours are rich merchants and minor nobility. Unfortunately, the Gavigans don't have enough resources to fully build their house, so only one room on the main floor is roofed over. They are fairly poor nobility, and they'll have to do a lot of the work on their house themselves - Mary is fine with that. She loves building things, and would rather be doing that than most "normal" activities of noble ladies. She split her time between caring for the three youngest with cutting wood to build floors or a roof. Marianne, Mathew, and Christine are looking forward to being able to have music lessons and access to more tutors - another new school, this one for the upper classes, is being built just down the street from their new home. Nathan, now at the top of his career, suddenly wants to become a bard - he's going to remain a knight, but take up music as a hobby. He and a couple of the children are planning a flower garden for the new house. They love nature, but didn't have space for a garden at their last home. Mary rolled the want for 10 children four times during the fall, once without the normal prompts of birthdays, and Nathan wants another baby too (he's already got a tenth that Mary doesn't know about), so she and Nathan tried for baby one last time. She's now pregnant for what will definitely be the last time (and this time, it's not natural twins).

Back at the smithy, the twins were on their own for one day, and then Isaiah, his wife Gabriella, and their triplet toddlers moved in. They had been studying on the mainland for three seasons and buying things not available on the island yet. Isaiah and Gabriella will be running the smithy, and the twins will help until they go off on their own trip to the mainland.
Field Researcher
#1534 Old 9th Mar 2017 at 7:58 PM
The Capp's parrot died shortly after I finished refurbishing the house. Caged Pets Fixes has never failed me before, so I'm annoyed -- mostly at myself, because I should've booted the visitors out before redecorating. Mitch Indie was playing with the parrot, and I think that's why it happened.

I'm actually quite upset about it :-(

And I'm also starting to wonder if removing the Visitor Controller hasn't borked my game. Visitors remain in their outerwear, inside; sometimes even the playables don't change back into casual. And I've checked, I've got a ceiling everywhere (not that I've ever forgotten that; no, no, not me!). I'll see if it keeps happening.
Mad Poster
#1535 Old 9th Mar 2017 at 8:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Jth1998
One of sims died in a house fire after not calling emergency services like I directed her to do. Instead she decided to keep screaming at the fire anyways, even after telling her to move. I clicked the fire action to get rid of it, but nope... she wanted to continue to scream at it. I feel bad for her newborn.

Pescado's firemod will help prevent that.

Quote: Originally posted by Pescado
ANNOYANCES ELIMINATED:
Sims will no longer moth fires when panicking when something catches fire. Sims
that are have seen more than one fire before will attempt to extinguish it
rather than panicking. Visitors finding your house to be on fire will
immediately declare this to be somebody else's problem and find an urgent and
pressing interest in being elsewhere, rather than going into aspirational
failure....after all, why should they care...unless they are on FIRE?

AL: Firefighters will no longer be auto-summoned for fires occurring outside,
in range of a sprinkler, or in your apartment (Get your own fire thingus!),
so that they no longer always show up and then fine you because the fire is
gone already.

Go into the folder for your latest EP and get firemod.zip from the "hacks" folder in there. As noted above, the AL version has some extra features that earlier versions apparently don't have.
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/ffs/
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#1536 Old 9th Mar 2017 at 9:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Jth1998

Or you can activate the dorm on cheat (no idea of the full name I use cheat shortcuts) to open build& buy mode, turn on moveobjects and delete the fire, it's just an object.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#1537 Old 9th Mar 2017 at 10:34 PM
Or you can activate the dorm on cheat (no idea of the full name I use cheat shortcuts) to open build& buy mode, turn on moveobjects and delete the fire, it's just an object.

I just let her die because I wanted to add a little drama to my game
Mad Poster
#1538 Old 9th Mar 2017 at 10:49 PM

If you have testingcheatsenabled, you can shift+click on the fire and force error, though it can be tricky to get it sometimes. The Sim Manipulator (which you don't need to go into build/buy mode to get, as you can click on the ground to spawn it) also has a deleter that can get rid of fire.

Sprinklers help too.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#1539 Old 10th Mar 2017 at 6:19 PM
In Mosquito Creek, I have a lot of couples but only a few of them are actually faithful to one another. I just had to send one couple to intensive counseling to get them to even speak to one another without attacking each other.

Needless to say the birth rate is rather low right now.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#1540 Old 11th Mar 2017 at 12:17 AM
Building . . . got a new ugly green quadroplex in Strangetown. The Singles girls tested it out for me and it plays just fine.

I've had this funny thing lately where absolutely identical floorplan and stuff apartments rent for different amounts. Like the little rooms Mary and Chester rent downtown, one side of the building is two simoleans less than the other. Two! The same thing is happening with these, the total variation is under ten simoleans, and there are three different prices between the four units. Identical. Same flooring, same walls, same absolutely everything.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Inventor
#1541 Old 11th Mar 2017 at 7:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunbee
Building . . . got a new ugly green quadroplex in Strangetown. The Singles girls tested it out for me and it plays just fine.

I've had this funny thing lately where absolutely identical floorplan and stuff apartments rent for different amounts. Like the little rooms Mary and Chester rent downtown, one side of the building is two simoleans less than the other. Two! The same thing is happening with these, the total variation is under ten simoleans, and there are three different prices between the four units. Identical. Same flooring, same walls, same absolutely everything.

Perhaps the view is better? You would pay more for a room with a good view.
Field Researcher
#1542 Old 11th Mar 2017 at 1:37 PM
Second rotation finished. Third started.

Burbs spend an entire day cleaning the house after a great fire that killed them all. Lucily for them, the Grim was nice that day and let them win each other's souls back. But their house is destroyed, and they don't have much of money. They were able to buy some cheap kitchen stuff, but still can't afford table or chairs. Lucy's kitten Allegra grew up.

Pleasants moved to now-empty Goth manor. Mary-Sue wants to use it's history and fame to show that Goth family has "fallen" and Pleasants have taken their place as power family of United Neighborhoods of Simnation. Or at least Pleasantview. They were able to afford the house, but not to fully furniture it, and Mary-Sue is constantly rolling wants to earn money and buy things. She got pregnant with a surprise baby, but doesn't know it yet.
Daniel asked Bella Goth to come over, and woohooed with her right before Mary-Sue came home from work. She catched them. Daniel run away to outing with Kaylynn Langerak. He is still mad on her for cheating on him with Don Lothario - and that Kaylynn took Don with her to the outing didn't help. They ended up fighting in men's bathroom. Daniel won.
When Daniel came home, Angela was bullying Bella. She throw water on her, electroshocked her, told her upsetting things, and I think at one point farted on her. Meanwhile, Mary-Sue was very calm and civil. She was probably plotting a revenge, because at the morning she told Daniel, that he can have any woman he wants, as long as it's kept secret and they keep the image of perfect family. Then she rolled a want to "drink Bella".
Bella, you should worry.
Mad Poster
#1543 Old 12th Mar 2017 at 1:25 AM
Antonio Monty went on a date with Demi Love, the Pleasantview police officer. Night came, Antonio rolled a want to turn her into a werewolf - and then, two hours later, they were married. They blame werewolf impulsiveness.

It all happened on a community lot, too. The poor twins were so confused when they got home from school to find they had a stepmom. They're getting along well, though.

Top Secret Researcher
#1544 Old 12th Mar 2017 at 11:42 AM
Curious Household: Contains the 3 curious brothers, pascal's alien daughter Star, Vidcund had his alien daughter Nova, and Nervous Subject. Nervous rolled Grilled Cheese secondary. He's such a loving family sim to me. He has his issues thanks to what the Beaker's did to him but now he can know what kindness and love is. He is so good with the girls Star and Nova! Also..he's pregnant with his and Pascal's baby. They got married and I have a same-sex pregnancy mod.

Lazlo, as always in my game for some reason, is the one doing best in his career. He switched to Oceanography at the beginning while Pascal and Vidcund are still in the regular science career. Lazlo also went on an amazing date with Crystal Vu and woohooed in a public photo booth with her.

Star Curious is now a child and Nova Curious is a toddler. Also Nervous changed his name upon marriage to Pascal to Midnight Curious. His mother Olive (who is the reason he got away from the Beaker's..she's an odd woman) said his original name was Midnight Specter.

Newson Household: The 6 of them are having a rough time but not too rough, they are making it together! No one is going to seperate the Newson clan! I got Garret and Georgia to children. They also managed to get potty trained in time as there were no accidents! Ginger stayed home with them every day while Gavin went to school. Now that they are children she can go to school too. Gavin also got an after school job in Journalism. He really wants to go to college and is trying to make that happen. I think he will

Grunt Household: Buck is now a teenager. He loves art and is more on the feminine side than Buzz would like. As Buzz is disappointed in Tank for going into Dance, Ripp with his rock music and now Buck with his art and everything...Buck was Buzz's last hope so they got into an argument. Buzz is a jerk. Also Buzz dated and is now married to Bella Goth (now Bella Grunt). She moved in and is pregnant with another Grunt baby.

Ripp is also now an adult, no college for Ripp.

Beaker Household: Loki lost his job due to a chance card. He got it back but at a much lower place, so with a lower wages mod, 2x bills and now taxes by yours truly they may have to demolish their house and build a cheaper one. Maybe. Their daughter Alexis is now a child and a chip off the old Beaker block. Loves to be read to, will kick up a fuss and is mean just like her parents. She is due to start school next rotation, she grew into a child on Friday. Granted she will probably come home from school with other kids during this rotation. I still have to play the weekend for them.

I also am getting ideas and an itch to create a custom hood.

My Simblr
He/They
Top Secret Researcher
#1545 Old 12th Mar 2017 at 12:08 PM
I entered Ronnie Arends' household to see him fall down in total aspiration failure. I checked his memories - six deaths of Sims he knew, including two cousins and an aunt. Oh, oops.
Mad Poster
#1546 Old 12th Mar 2017 at 12:08 PM Last edited by smorbie1 : 12th Mar 2017 at 12:20 PM.
It's almost Purge Day in the communist burg of Monopoly. The Council has noticed that, despite tight controls on births, the population numbers seem to be creeping up. They have attributed this to high numbers of multiple births as well as rogue gypsies and other supernatural practitioners restoring youth, extending lives, and resurrecting the dead. (They don't know about the somewhat common practice of hiding unsanctioned children). Therefore, they have decreed that midsummer's day is now purge day. Representatives will be going through the land purging it of the elderly, returning all animals back to the shelter to be adopted by other families, and randomly reducing the size of large families. The only exemptions are families expecting sanctioned babies. Anyone else can be purged.

It's going to be interesting. The first family visited was the family of Chrysanthemum and Faunus Bell. They were expecting their second Council-ordered baby, so their family was exempt.

Now, we are with the Kouloris-Sapphire group, a blended household put together by the Council, It is a group of college dropouts as well as the Sapphire family. Their house was seized by the Council for repeated failure to earn enough money to pay taxes. Mary Sapphire, her husband, Armando, and their roommate, Brittany, are all elders and can expect to be purged (though the townspeople are unaware of that aspect of the law). Who else will die is a roll of the dice. But here's the thing. Another roommate, Unity Griffin, had an assignation with Cox Sapphire (the eldest of the Sapphire's three Council-ordered kids, in a hot tub. And now she is hidden away in one of the smallish house's rooms awaiting the birth of an extremely illegal baby. If she is discovered, the whole household will be purged. Mwahh ha ha

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Scholar
#1547 Old 12th Mar 2017 at 2:02 PM
Cyril Baker is really showing a lot of interest in Crystal and asked her out on a date again. They have developed a crush, and they seem to have quite a bit in common (both are knowledge sims) so I think we'll have our next couple here.

She works as a maid for most of the households, but the Walkers have just fired her. Not that they were unhappy with her services, they simply can't afford a maid anymore. (On Friday they still owe the weekly rent and all the bills are unpaid >_<)
Charles, Eleanor and Roger are teenagers and have teen jobs which help a little bit, and Marjorie and Christian go to school now, which leaves Sophie plenty of time to do the house chores.

And what about my fave boy, Steve? Oh, well, he's always looking for trouble, isn't he?
The other day Carol asked him out. Carol is married and a mother of one, but it seems that she is quite bored in her marriage and decided to relight an old fire. Which of course he was veeeery willing to. (Her daugher caught them, which stressed the little one a lot, but Carol decided to enjoy herself no matter what).
That was his normal behaviour anyway. He never says no, hehe.
In fact he accepted another date from Vilkaa Gorge as well. And when it was his turn to play, he waked up in the morning with a want to propose to her o_O
It seems his past experience (he is divorced from Chloe Hunicke) has not taught him better, and so he went ahead and proposed!

And, well, we'll have another girl in the block. The name is Cynthia Freeman and she's a cute blonde who wants to have a lot of fun (pleasure sim). I hope she creates trouble too :D
Top Secret Researcher
#1548 Old 12th Mar 2017 at 4:15 PM
I 'cheated' lately by playing some households a little longer than I'm supposed. Today I played the Williams household for 5 days instead of the usual three. There was just too much going on for me to not keep playing.

Camille and her twin brother Seth were supposed to head off to college together but since she got pregnant and got married, Seth left without her. Camille's LTW is to get to the top of the dance career so college wasn't a necessity for her. Camille aged up and cried of course. Welcome to the REAL world Camille!

Camille's step-father Jake achieved his LTW of owning 5 top level businesses. (I actually do cheat with that since I consider it an impossible LTW to complete unless I use aging cheats) Once he completed his LTW he made a call and sold his business and retired early. They've got more than enough money in their savings to live off of for the rest of his life. His wife Hannah also had some good luck at work, she got promoted to studio musician. Camille finally found a job in the dance career. Its at level one but its better than nothing. It certainly pays better than the gig at the record store.

We had three consecutive birthdays so there was a lot of party throwing. First was Hannah who aged into an elder. She automatically got a want to go on vacation, what perfect timing now that Jake has retired. I'm thinking of maybe having them go alone together since they've never really been alone now that I think about it. When Jake and Hannah got married she was already a mother of three children and while the kids went to their fathers' homes on the weekends they had Brett not too long after they wed. But playing two sims on vacation is oh so boring! So I may make it a family trip anyway

Little Kailyn aged into a toddler and her father Eric aged into an adult. Eric has been staying home to help with Kailyn while Camille worked. He was also working on his college degree. He just has a paper to do and he'll be done! I gave him a makeover since he'll be getting into the education career. No mohawks allowed!

The only person who didn't have much going on was Brett. He was grounded since he got a D at school but he brought it up to a B by the end of their session.

Little Kailyn will age up into a child the next time I play them which means Camille and Eric will have to move out of that basement and into their own home finally. Hopefully Eric finds a job ASAP because Camille is pregnant with baby number two.

Jake will be happy to finally have his basement again. He hasn't had his pool room since he married Hannah and they renovated it into the kids' room. Yup, he's definitely looking forward to retirement. No more kids, no chaos, just his pool table, giant screen TV and his wet bar. But I think Hannah wants to make it her studio so we'll see what t he result will be. Happy wife, happy life after all.
Mad Poster
#1549 Old 12th Mar 2017 at 5:26 PM
I finally got around to fixing Jessica Picaso's blank want slot problem. Sent her to a community lot - nope. Sent her on a date - she rolled date wants, but it went blank again afterwards. I moved the family out and back in - nope. I then went into SimPE, deleted her SWAF history - still nope. Then I moved her out and back in again following this (just on a hunch, really) and suddenly they started rerolling properly. If anyone has any idea what I managed to do, I'd love to hear an explanation.

Mad Poster
#1550 Old 12th Mar 2017 at 6:11 PM
It's the magic move-out-move-in spell. It fixes a lot of glitches, but is annoying because you have to refurnish everything all over again.

That might not seem like a big deal, but my OCD requires I furnish one room at a time, one day at a time, at precisely midnight. So...my sims sometimes suffer by living on the lawn or without necessities for many days.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Page 62 of 349