1 people viewing
Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
#1601 Old 21st Mar 2017 at 6:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sims2Christain
UC

Tryed already to delete the cache files, no change. Haven't added any CC.

I am not sure about memory I'll have to check when I can.

Something similar happened to me until I soft-reset my computer after running a program called ccleaner. It would crash on the loading screen where it says overeating banisters. I couldn't get help here on mts or from the as help persons, so I had to fix the issue myself ...
My gameplay also focused on children, Rosebine. I don't care for babies and toddlers, however. ..
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#1602 Old 21st Mar 2017 at 7:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Emperor Crat
My gameplay also focused on children, Rosebine. I don't care for babies and toddlers, however. ..

I also care about toddlers, but in my Hood, there was too much...how do you say?..*old* kids. lol
That Hood, I've been playing since very long, and i like creating new sims then play them. I end up forgetting all other families... like for a year and sometimes more. They finally aged up to teen in post 173...
Henri and Emile were sent to college yesterday evening..that gives you an idea? lol
So..their little sister Flo , who is a child since more than a year also..might want to become a teen soon..This is why I MUST focus on children sims..
I am so late...but the children stage is by far, my favorite..so I tend to stretch it too much, ahah!

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Scholar
#1603 Old 22nd Mar 2017 at 10:31 PM
Things keep happing, this neighbourhood is quite full of little dramas - little population and a lot of dating, that was a great start xD
But my favourite is still my favourite. Because he's always looking for trouble LOL

Steve was divorced from Chloe and ended up marrying his ex-wife's roommate, an alien girl named Vilkaa looking for an steady relationship and creating a family. That could not work and everybody should have seen it coming, but those two decided to marry anyway.
It did not take him long to cheat on her. In fact he decided to visit the new mall (grocery shopping, he said) and was being veeeery social with one of the (female) employees when Martha Smithers happened to pass by. So he got the other girl's phone number and decided to ask Martha out right there. Nice date btw.
Just as he returned home he became an elder, but don't think that means he's gonna be too tired now to go flirting whenever he gets the chance!

Common friends invited Steve and Vilkaa to their apartment (in fact to the same building in which his ex-wife still lives) and they enjoyed a nice afternoon there.
At a certain point they decided to go out to the building playground so I was kinda ignoring them while I played the other family. Until I heard the sound of trouble.
When I zoomed in Vilkaa was already very very annoyed.

I learnt later that Vilkaa had caught Steve being too friendly to the landlady, ahem, so when they went back home she asked for the divorce.
Not his first time, and he was not too sorry anyway. So he brought a few things with him and moved out. He had so little cash he could not afford to rent an apartment (not even my very cheap §300 ones!) so all he could do was finding a very cheap tiny house and getting a mortgage
Of course now that he's single again he is back to being a womanizer, and has already invited Carol to the privacy of his new home. Then going to work (and was lucky enough to get a promotion, with a bonus that will hopefully help a bit to pay the mortgage) and later asking out an sparkling woman with a huge white hat (I don't think he cares she's a witch, for all he knows both his ex-wives are as good as witches too).

And what about poor Vilkaa?
She dreamt of creating a family but during her short marriage she had not got pregnant, and even after breaking up with Steve the wish of having children remains.
What is one supposed to do? Maybe it's time for her to find a good man who respects her and wants a family as much as she does. That would be an appropiate idea.
But Vilkaa might not care about appropiate or not.
So she invited her good friend James Walker, elder, Romance Sim but happily married for a long time now. And father of five. Do you hear that, father of five! And she has always been attracted to him...
Flirting. Whoohoo. Chimes. And later Vilkaa walking around with a huge belly.

It happened so fast that most people think the baby is Steve's. "Poor poor Vilkaa, how is she gonna manage on her own?" and others say "Oh, he would not have been a good father anyway."
Steve also thinks the baby is his. But he's not mentioning it at all, in case Vilkaa decides to ask him for any kind of money. He's better off with his mouth shut.
James knows the baby might be his. But he's not saying anything either, because his life is already hard enough with five children and because it would be the end of his marriage.
And Vilkaa does not say a thing because she does not give a damn what people think, she's having her baby and that's what matters.
Inventor
#1604 Old 23rd Mar 2017 at 10:37 AM
Havelock Vetinari, ruler of the city, today finished writing his book, 'Corridors of Power' - a manual for successful rulers. And the phone rang! Fan-tiddly-astic! That has not happened in my game for years and years. What made the difference? Was it the medieval scroll phone? Please, Havelock, get started on your next book. The last one is selling fast, as rulers of other countries queue up to buy it. Perhaps your next book could be called 'The Art of War', or perhaps 'The Prince'?

The genius he keeps imprisoned upstairs, Leonard of Quirm, became a game designer more or less absent-mindedly, while giving most of his attention to arts and crafts. He has the Mona Ogg on his bedroom wall. Now unemployed, and intent on maxing out seven skills, he spent much time at the rooftop telescope, and is now looking forward to a strange new experience. Good luck, Leonard!
Top Secret Researcher
#1605 Old 23rd Mar 2017 at 4:45 PM
I'm almost done with all my rotations which means I'm that much closer to playing my college sims which mean I'm thatmuch closer to playing my cult household again lol. I have a toddler, two babies and two alien babies on the way though so I'm sure I'll be driving myself crazy once I'm playing them. The main goal is to get abducted and spawn an alien child. 2/6 sims still need to get abducted so after that hopefully things will settle down.
Scholar
#1606 Old 23rd Mar 2017 at 7:45 PM
Sheffield

Those idiot Llamas in the Sim State Registrar's Office! Cadence Grundstrom (townie) finally got her chance to go to university as Gallagher Newson's love interest. She had plenty of skills already, and attended all her classes. She should have made the Dean's List...but it turns out the Llamas hadn't completed her registration properly, so they didn't even realize she was there until she went for her final exam! She 'met' her professors there for the first time, and got a D for the semester.

She appealed, of course, and was able to change her major and repeat the last few hours of the semester, along with her dorm mates...and now they're all unhappy, too. Joshua Ruben and Gallagher both got slightly lower grades than they did before, even though they'd done nothing differently (and Joshua was actually sitting his exam at the last save point, so his grade should have been fixed by then), and this time it was poor Martin Ruben who was put on Academic Probation, because for some obscure reason he didn't show up for his exam. I usually check that, but I was already flustered over trying to get Cadence the best grade possible, including having Joshua finish an assignment for her while she was writing the exam, and somehow I missed it. He wasn't tied up with anything I'd told him to do, though; he was just mooching aimlessly round the cafeteria, so I'm afraid he's had to accept the result and retake the semester.

Be warned, Llama Registrars - I'm watching you closely from now on!
Mad Poster
#1607 Old 24th Mar 2017 at 12:32 AM
More death by ghosts, one elder and one adult. Fortunately, the adult's wife was pregnant, so while he didn't lift, the heirship can go to his posthumous baby and not his little brother. (Yeah, I know you want to lift paranormal, Linden, but there is no college because the ghosts killed the sims who could've lifted military and education.) Then an old age death, so we're down to Marylena (nee Hamilton), her toddler son Leif, and her teen brother-in-law, Linden. Maybe Marylena will live long enough to lift Medical . . . Oh, the cat lifted service pet, so at least I can control future elders. Phew!

This is the slowest apocalypse I've ever played: four sims dead without lifting anything, or is it five? So many dead I've lost count . . .

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Inventor
#1608 Old 24th Mar 2017 at 8:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
And does Grimmie have a daughter called Susan?

Thanks for the suggestion. Leonard of Quirm has just given birth to a green daughter, and I was wondering what to call her. Now a great future awaits her, including the ability to stop time with the spell 'Tempus Interruptus'. Onwards and upwards!
Scholar
#1609 Old 24th Mar 2017 at 9:54 AM
So Jason Larson and Countessa Tina were getting married, then I modified their relationship score to see what the left at the altar cut-scene looked like and it made me laugh but still feel a tinge of sadness for Jason. hopefully he will find someone else who will mean till death do us part.
Mad Poster
#1610 Old 24th Mar 2017 at 3:08 PM
Had a cuppa with the Blackburn group. This is a group of people who failed out of college and the Council has ordered them to live together (a common punishment since the government pays for college. They don't appreciate it when money is squandered). Anyway, when they moved in the Council dropped by and ordered one of the women, Amber Dawn to procreate. They ordered her to marry Gavin Newson to give their baby a chance a normal life even in an abnormal environment. She doesn't really care about Gavin, isn't attracted to him, and he is equally ambivalent about her. But such is life in Monopoly.
He never bothered to tell her that just as she was talking to the Council, he was upstairs enjoying some casual afternoon delight with one of their room mates, Amorette Baz. She is also now pregnant and getting ready to go into hiding. If Amber had found this out, she wouldn't have gotten pregnant. They could have passed off Amorette's baby as hers and saved themselves a lot of trouble.

Then the Council called again, demanding her to have a baby. She reminded them she was already pregnant, so they looked down their list of room mates and asked to speak to Amorette. She was excited when they told her she needed to have a baby. They were looking for a suitable husband for her, but she told them the house was already so cramped, what about if she chose a surrogate. Gavin had offered his services, she said, since he was from a large family and wanted his child to have a half-sibling at least.

The good thing about this group is that no one is in love here. Amber and Amorette couldn't care less if Gavin has sex with anyone else. And he snuck down to the witch's cottage and got a vasectomy. It's a spell, of course, so it's not foolproof, but it does drastically lower the odds of any unfortunate incident.

And it's a good thing, because Amorette had triplets and Amber had twins. They have five infants in a one-bedroom house. Plus, the other two room mates. fun Fun.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Mad Poster
#1611 Old 24th Mar 2017 at 3:47 PM
One of my orginal four sims was abducted in Sedona. He came back as a Warlock! That, I was not expecting! So I've been and tinkered with the reagent requirements, and hopefully playing witches will actually be fun...

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Inventor
#1612 Old 24th Mar 2017 at 4:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsfreq
One of my orginal four sims was abducted in Sedona. He came back as a Warlock! That, I was not expecting! So I've been and tinkered with the reagent requirements, and hopefully playing witches will actually be fun...

This is useful:
Treeag - NoStupidReagents.package
Mad Poster
#1613 Old 24th Mar 2017 at 5:20 PM
Thanks, I got the treeag one (I think) with good descriptions so I was able to edit it myself. I like that they need reagents for the complicated spells, but not so much for the everyday spells, that doesn't make much sense. So I removed the requirements for some spells and reduced them for others.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Forum Resident
#1614 Old 25th Mar 2017 at 2:57 PM
Started playing a legacy challege with a male sim and found myself a very nice lady downtownie named Heather (in the wiki she's called Shanna Walton )
They really have great chemistry...the two of them...and I was really cheering them on

until I misplaced a new hood file without backup and eradicated my legacy hood Q A Q~~~!!

So I restarted and hoped to find that raven-haired goddess again by starting in downtown itself. However no matter how I try she won't spawn and I thought well ok, maybe my next gen should get together with her.
And so I had my sim begrudgingly end up with a blonde named Ca--Ca--uh....SEE I CANT EVEN REMEMBER HER NAME (Ivy Butler in the wiki)

They seemed alright...but they didn't have the "spark"...heck I had to alter their turn on/turn off to make them compatible lmao and I guess that's the major wrong thing in the first place!

So I guess I'll start again until I find her ...it didn't really feel right and I felt bad for my sim =)))) he was straight up in love and I failed him OTL
Mad Poster
#1615 Old 25th Mar 2017 at 6:34 PM
It was about time for BushVille, to get its very own Cemetery. Very own as in..the same Aridia has, but still. lol
Once again, Raoul Haunter will run the cemetery, and possibly be kind of responsible for the premature death of many. Responsible as in..*I was there, but did nothing to help*.

As soon as I moved Raoul to his new house, the game sends 3 Townies to greet him. Raoul always was popular for some reasons, everyone loves him.
But..unfortunately, the game sends 3 interesting and handsome ones...They will be spared. (edited, but spared)
No one really knows raoul yet in this new Hood, but one seems to think that..he was one to ask a favor.
*There is that Burglar in town..he stole from me, and my friends..and my neighbors...could you take care of him for us please, Raoul?*
It is going to be a FUN time.
Screenshots

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#1616 Old 25th Mar 2017 at 6:50 PM
It's rare that a family receives a welcome notice from the Council. And even more unheard of for the Council to save someone's life. But that's what just happened.

Chrysanthemum Bell is the child of Hannah and Issac. She was unsanctioned by the Council and thus illegal. Her existence put the whole family in danger of being executed. So, she spent the first 18 years of life trapped alone in a small room in the apartment complex where the family lived. Once she was grown, they paid someone in the criminal career to forge her documents and smuggle her out of the apartment in the dead of night, so she could begin a life elsewhere.

This was how she came to "move" to Monopoly. She was given a room mate named Faunus Goto, a college dropout. The Council eventually ordered them to marry. Twice the Council has notified her she won the baby lottery and had to have a child. She has two little girls, Goto and Marian, who is still a toddler. She and Faunus get along pretty well. Their's certainly isn't a match made in Heaven, but they are comfortable with each other.

Which is how baby number three happened. When Chrysanthemum found out she was pregnant, she was devastated. There was no way she could bring a child in this world to be hidden away all its life. And she knew her psyche wouldn't allow her to be locked up while she awaited the birth.

There was only one way out. She decided to kill herself. She was running through her options, wondering how the whole death-by-flies thing would work, when the doorbell rang. It was a courier with an official notice from the Council. Chrysanthemum had won the baby lottery for the third time.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Scholar
#1617 Old 25th Mar 2017 at 7:50 PM
Sheffield, where it’s permanently 1981

Julien Cooke finally proposed to Alon Tsang, giving Sheffield its first same-sex couple (come to think of it, this wasn’t actually legal in 1981, but never mind!). Julien had already saved up enough to buy a small house, and with Alon’s savings as well they’ve been able to buy something a bit bigger. Unfortunately, both men lost their jobs in the latest round of redundancies, but they didn’t stay unemployed for long: Alon, who had been a Hall of Famer with his previous football team, has had to start over as a Mascot for the Sheffield Llamas, but has the skills to progress quickly, while former Vice Squad officer Julien is now a Test Subject.

The Ottomas twins are now teenagers. Daniel looks a lot like David, which gives me hope for the girls (David may not be the best-looking Sim, but still a great improvement on Daniel as a child!), and Gregory has more or less grown into his ginormous nose, so at least he no longer has his nostrils showing as a gaping hole in the middle of his face. Daniel has found a job and aims to win both the Young Entrepreneurs Award and the Alien Repatriation Award, so he’s going to be a very busy young man, especially as they only stay teens for five days (ages 13-18).

Max and Ichelle Flexor are pleased to announce the arrival of their first child, a little girl named Tayla.

Garrett Goodie won both the Scholar’s Award and the Will Wright Genius Award, in addition to the Orphaned Sims Assistance Amount, so he headed off to Academie LeTour with the biggest Sheffield scholarship haul so far. Poor Georgia was less fortunate: she had been on track to win the Young Entrepreneur’s Award, but one lost game saw her fired from her Gamer job, while her grades slipped to B+ on the very last day, so with no earned scholarships she joins Gallagher at Sim State. Strangely, intellectual Garrett hopes to become a Prestidigitator, while easy-going Georgia is interested in Oceanography.

With the departure of their two youngest fosterlings, Faith and Herbert are feeling rather bereft. Although Ginny was always very self-contained and neither of them really felt they knew her at all, Gavin had got on very well with Herbert, and the younger children felt like their own. But over the years their house has gone from crowded, through comfortable, then spacious, to feeling cavernous and empty. Herbert caught himself thinking he couldn’t use the upstairs bathroom because the children would be getting ready for school, then remembered there were no children. They’re considering moving to a smaller house in the near future, but leaving the place where so many memories were made will be tough.

Mary Gavigan returned to work after her maternity leave, and was promptly fired for losing a hill to some ogres. That Gamer career track is tough! On the bright side, at least from Mary’s point of view, she no longer has to worry about being fired for excessive maternity leave, so she cheered herself by getting pregnant.
Top Secret Researcher
#1618 Old 26th Mar 2017 at 5:12 PM Last edited by Gcgb53191 : 26th Mar 2017 at 7:36 PM.
Something's brewing in Bluewater Village, just beyond the forest is a house that seems like no one lives there. They don't attend family functions as often anymore, never seen at community lots, they don't answer their phone calls anymore and they definitely don't invite anyone over. Even those who annoyingly tag along from work get shunned at the door. "Uh, I ate something bad at work, sorry!" or "We're doing some house renovations its not too safe to go in right now, maybe another time" are just some of excuses they've given to their coworkers.

Adam Williams II just graduated from Sim State and has returned home to his fiance and two children. Now that he's no longer at the university he won't be able to keep contact with his eldest child. No one knows he has a child with Aurora Landgraab and now they'll never hear from him again.

The last time I played the cult Aaron Williams gave birth to his abduction baby, Archer Williams. Nicole Robinson and Laura Ari will be next to give birth. At this point the only ones who haven't had an alien baby are the leaders, Meghan and Adam and their right hand lady, Peyton. (Peyton, Aaron and Adam are siblings btw) So the pressure is really on now!

The night that Adam returned he and Meghan wed in a small ceremony in their new church. Its the first wedding ever! Of course no extended family was invited, everyone is slowly cutting communication with their loved ones. After the ceremony their daughter Luna aged into a child and got baptized along with her baby cousin Archer.

The next morning Nicole gave birth to a green baby girl that she named Portia. At least that's what happened the first round, I had some aging issues and had to quit without saving and play them again which I now regret because Nicole gave birth to triplets the second go around. Portia, Ophelia and Janus. I guess the game thought I needed to be more overwhelmed than I already was.

Laura gave birth to just ONE baby, thank the cosmos. Another baby girl named Lyra. Its times like these when I wish the game let children help out with babies. Instead little Luna is on 'pick up the rotten bottle-duty.' At this point everyone helps out when they can but once they're toddlers its every parent for themselves as far as skilling comes along. Luckily for Nicole two out of the three triplets are underachievers so she won't be teaching them much. I thought about hiring a maid but they don't really like outsiders in their home, plus they're pretty broke after some renovations to the house and buying three cribs.

Some accomplishments this rotation: Meghan and Peyton finally found jobs in the paranormal career. Peyton started off as a police psychic but unfortunately got demoted to hypnotist via chance card. Adam got promoted to starter, and Laura to executive chef. Laura got a nice bonus of $50,000 via chance card which helped to pay off some their house loan. Aaron is up for promotion but needs to do some skilling and finish his masters, then he'll get promoted and reach his LTW of getting to the top of the architect career.

Nicole and Aaron are courting at the moment, I put them in one room together and put all the toddlers in a small nursery. Which in hindsight was a bad idea because Nicole is pregnant yet again. Oy vey! Laura has someone in mind to marry but he's currently in college. His name is Seth and whether he wants to join the church or not is an entirely differently story. The Church is definitely interested in converting him so he can try and convert his twin sister and her husband, who are both green skinned.

Marriage is actually not really required in this religion. Laura and Nicole are both family sims which is why I want them to get married. Meghan and Adam already have children together so I figured they might as well get married anyway. Plus every Queen needs a King! Everyone's top two priorities right now are to either get abducted if they haven't already (Meghan, Peyton, and Adam) and to make $$$! As of right now Aaron and Laura make the most money so they're required to go to work no matter what. Luckily if they do need to stay home for whatever reason they have vacation days from being pregnant. But because of everyone's different schedules there's always a sim or two at home to tend to the babies.

I'm not kidding when I say that it took me several hours to play this household You try managing six adult sims and five toddlers! (Luna can keep herself entertained on her own for the most part so she wasn't a problem)
Mad Poster
#1619 Old 26th Mar 2017 at 6:36 PM
Have there ever been two happier people than Faunus and Chrysanthemum Bell when they found out they had been ordered to have a baby and she was already pregnant. They were even happier when she had quads! This is a potential LTW for Faunus because he wants to graduate six kids from college!

Forum Resident
#1620 Old 26th Mar 2017 at 7:47 PM
The members of my medieval city watch have mostly moved into married quarters or have left the force for other occupations; for most of the fall, there were only two people living in the barracks. Suzanne started the fall as the highest ranked person in the barracks, but her lack of focus and low motivation to work have stalled her at sergeant. Simon, however, was very interested in learning the skills needed for promotion (knowledge/family) and rocketed past her with three quick promotions. Some of the other members of the city watch visited the barracks regularly to both socialize and do work; the current watch commander was satisfied with her inspections, and they had a group training session and orientation for the two new members who joined the watch at the end of fall. Louisa Hunter and Keith Woods are both teens from relatively poor families from the forested part of the island - they both want to live in town and have career goals that serving in the city watch will help make possible.

The Quarrier family has had yet another baby, daughter Septima. At about the same time, toddler Lucy became a child and Mara became a teen. Mara is a popularity/pleasure sim and wants to have dream dates - for now, though, she's mostly interested in friends. The family is spent the fall short one bed space, so Lloyd and Quincy took turns sharing their bed with Lucy. Sleeping in separate shifts lead to them also taking clear shifts for baby and toddler care. During the day, there were always family and friends stopping by. Toddler Nick has met most of his aunts and uncles, and several cousins came over to play with the other children. At the end of fall, Peter aged to teen. He's a knowledge/fortune sim, and wants to become a theologian. The Quarriers know they'll never have enough money to send him to university, but Peter's planning on trying to join the monastery in hopes of getting the education he wants - he'll be moved to that lot at the end of their fall rotation.

The Kramer family has done some work to improve their four community lot businesses. The bath house has two cold dipping pools, a couple of hot soaking tubs, a couple of private baths for washing, a steam room, and fireplaces to heat water. The paper shop has a fancy new print press to use on the newly made paper, and the back has places for sims to write. The shop is ready to start selling writing supplies, scrolls, and hopefully books. The toy store has been slightly remodeled, with a larger outdoor area where customers can socialize and eat. Unfortunately, the tree was the most recent addition, and customers looking for items now wander lost and hidden beneath its branches. And finally, the tailor shop is ready to open for the first time - there are a couple of townies in need of new clothes. The Kramer family still has a few more days of fall.

I've also started building a new modern 'hood. I decided not to use empty templates this time, as the town that will be developing is going to be a seaside tourist town. It will be starting as a BaCC variant with a prosperity-style start. My daughter loves rolling dice, and she rolled up 6 families for me. One of them was essentially the same composition as the Ottomas family, but with an elder male instead of female and a female teen instead of male - I'm using the Ottomas family instead, and other bin families will have to be earned as the town grows. Another family consists of four adults and a toddler - two of the adults are the married parents, and the other two adults are siblings of the father. This family is the only one I've played yet. They are starting the first farm, which has both game crops and a lot of farm cc from Sun&Moon's crafting stations at Plumbob Keep. Both Amelia and Neil, the parents of Chloe, rolled up the want to have 20 pet friends - I haven't seen that want in so long I'd been starting to think I'd blocked it. Heather is going to be the town's mayor, and with his love of nature Frank is thrilled to be a farmer. The welcome wagon consisted of Peter and Dora Ottomas and one of the other sims my daughter rolled up (I think her name is Melissa). Heather started trying to make friends with all of them - they don't have phones or electricity, so making friends with sims that come by is going to be important. Melissa went outside for something (either the garden crops or rain puddles were attracting her) and Frank followed to tell her some jokes. They were having a good chat when the rain worsened and Melissa got struck by lightening. I had a horrid fear that it would kill her before I'd even had a chance to play her lot, but she just had her motives tank, wet herself, and then went home. Neil excused himself from the chatting inside to make friends with a stray that wandered by. I think that it was the fastest I've had a dog make friends with a sim - Neil was able to adopt the dog within just the one visit. I had been intending to include pets in the CAS rolls, but forgot - instead, Neil and Amelia will be befriending strays and then giving them to other playables.

With this new modern game, I'm changing my record keeping to include a few more details about individual sims. I'm also implementing a more layered education system, and some politics. The rules my sims are subject to will change not only as the town grows and careers unlock, but as the members of the city council and their interests change. Laws, taxes, and public spending will be guided by the interests of the sims, especially the mayor, but also others at the top of some careers (education, law, law enforcement...). I normally only use the interests to narrow down choices for aspirations, but I am trying to find more ways to use them. In this case, interests will mostly guide spending priorities for community money. Determining if a park, a museum, or a library will be built would involve comparing the interest in environment, culture, and education.
Mad Poster
#1621 Old 26th Mar 2017 at 8:18 PM
In my Old Town, the "Agents" now have actual names! Some of them had an easier time coming up with a cover identity, but in the end they all found something that worked for them:

CIA Agent is now Ciar Sapienti
INS Agent is now Innes McGill
ATF Agent is now Atif El-Mofty
NSA Agent is now Nyssa Dean
FBI Agent is now Phoebe Geeman
Intern Agent is now Paige Alunni

They've also shuffled around their careers a bit, given the expanded list of options. Atif is now in Law, Ciar and Nyssa both in Intelligence, and Innes in Education. Phoebe remains in Law Enforcement and Paige in Politics.

(Yes, my husband and I do think we're quite clever for coming up with some of those names. )
Scholar
#1622 Old 27th Mar 2017 at 5:10 AM
The apartment moved into by Tank and Blossom Grunt was...not even really an apartment. A room with the bones of a broken kitchen in one corner, a tiny adjoining bathroom, a rattling refrigerator, and some crates. Oh, and making the rent on one salary wasn't going to be an option after paying off the deposit. Tank rushed off to work, while Blossom set to work trying to make the apartment as functional as their previous home had been. The crates got made into a bed, food got made to test the stove, and when Tank got home, his pay was put into a stepladder that served as an impromptu shelving unit -- and some things to put on it. Blossom really wanted to have a radio now that she had four walls and a roof that were not those of a toilet block.

Another...um...feature of the apartment was the neighbours. Blossom had enjoyed the throngs loitering about the alleys between buildings as she read the newspaper and did its crossword earlier in the day, but by nightfall two fights had broken out (one with the landlady!) neighbours had shown no compunction to adding to the trash in the alleys, and despite the building thunderstorm, they were still enjoying themselves, popping in and out of their apartments in clear boredom at the contents of the dwellings. (I love the Simlogical signs!) When a woman in leather jacket, torn jeans, chains at her waist and black ribbons in her blond hair arrived, introduced herself as Tiffany Holmo, and invited herself inside, it took Tank a while to realize she wasn't just a neighbour who happened to be toting a suitcase. Why would he have expected Michelle Tse to send them a roommate whether they wanted one or not? When Tiffany started unpacking the suitcase as she explained, he slowly got it...he complained about the lack of room, wishing he hadn't actually swapped Klara for this while at the same time being glad he didn't have to deal with her too...

"Don't worry about me taking your bed," Tiffany said. "You work days, I work nights. I'm a DJ, I need to head out soon...hey, nice little noisebox you have there. It's party time!"

"Why did you agree to have a party?" Tank complained to Blossom shortly after, wishing he could get some sleep.

"I actually like her," Blossom said. "It's nice to have someone amusing around, and she'll be going out soon anyway..." She hurried out into the rain, where Tiffany was enthusiastically inviting neighbours and walkbys to come join a house-warming.

The Beakers were among the walkbys. Tank guiltily invited Klara, who brought Cyd. Ripp stopped over from around the block and was relieved to see his older brother living somewhere more permanent and apparently submissive to Blossom. Loki Beaker decided to tell Klara everything he knew about Consort Capp's resurrection and behaviour. Tiffany convinced Blossom to splash in puddles, then left for work; Blossom was shortly struck by lightning. Circe actually went looking for her in the storm. After Tank's horror at his love's singed state was assuaged by Circe's somewhat sinister reassurances, Cyd pulled him aside. While Blossom stumbled into the shower and the neighbours raised the music volume to levels they would be complaining about if they were in their own apartments, Cyd was lecturing Tank. "Do you not realize who that woman is? Party DJ is a nice way of saying what she went out for...that hyper, she's not just in love with your dinky radio. She was already hopped up for the night, and I'll bet she was toting enough on her person to make sure those party guests like whatever tunes she spins. Not that they'd dare say otherwise, given who hosts those parties."

"Didn't you know, Tank?" Klara asked. Ostentatiously getting herself a glass of water, she said, "Loki said that even in Strangetown, this is known Capp turf. Guess who runs it for them?"

Tank already knew before Klara laughed, turned around, and threw her drink at him, saying, "Michelle Tse."
Forum Resident
#1623 Old 27th Mar 2017 at 5:22 PM
Cox:
Christy Cox (who's name I've been spelling incorrectly for ages because I have a real life friend called Kristie) has solved the problem of being a widow in her prime with two small children: she's hired a 'manny'. Ryler Haban was imported from San Tolino to see to Christy's children. She's wealthy enough to give him a fantastic place to stay in the brand new city of Hollis in exchange for child care and duties around the house, and he gets on fabulously with the boys. Christy loves having a handsome young lad around the place (Ryler's only 18), and the extra pair of hands (that can manage the stairs and the boys without getting tired so quickly) is doing wonders. Ryler's trendy, stylish and cute. I love him already.

Green/Tellerman
Mallisa Green is doing her darndest to get pregnant with baby number 3, but so far has had no luck. That said, little Pat and big Pat have bonded beautifully, and baby Liam is keeping both his parents running. Big Pat was let go from his job as a scientist quite recently, and given his desire to be a space pirate, needs to find more gainful employment as soon as possible as both of them are out of work and the bills are starting to pile up...

Fancey
Melissa Fancey can't afford a manny unfortunately, and she wouldn't have the space for one if she could, but she desperately needed help with her twins. The next best thing was to take in a teen. Sophiette Miguel had been hanging around the deli, fighting with customers and making a nuisance of herself. Realising that the girl didn't have anywhere else to go, Melissa decided to solve two problems at once: she took Soph in as a helpmeet and gave her a home. Immediately, the 17 year old bonded with the twins, and soon changing nappies and taking up toddlers for baths and naps became second nature to her. Soph had never had a place to belong, and while she isn't related by blood to her new family, and doesn't share their name, she feels like part of the little household. Poor Melissa finally got a full night's sleep, and a shower, and something to eat besides, and may now be able to re-open her deli with Soph's help. There's only one thing casting a shadow over their happy ending: Sophiette dreams of going to college, but there's not enough money in the household to pay for tuition at the local community college. Soph won't give up hope though...
Mad Poster
#1624 Old 27th Mar 2017 at 5:38 PM
Finally got two more lifts in my apocalypse. Marylena lifted Medical, Linden lifted Adventurer. Now we can use Jumbok and skill some things super-fast, and take showers. Marylena aged to elder, and she and Linden finally had enough spare non-skilling moments to act on their longstanding mild attraction and mutual respect and admiration. They managed to raise Marylena and Lars' kid in this ghost infested mess, after all. Lars did not seem unusually upset that his brother and wife had finally kissed and woohooed the next time he haunted. Perhaps, even though his urn was next to the bed, since it was daytime, he didn't notice. Or perhaps he figures they deserve some pleasure, since they did what he could not do, being scared to death before Leif was born!

Leif grew up to adulthood, and I was looking at his relationship panel, debating between three two-bolters, when Christy Stratton walked by. He greeted her, and three bolts! Okay, then. She married in as a surgeon. Too bad, medical's already lifted. They decided to use the hot tub for woohoo (maybe because Leif's mom and uncle were using the bed at that moment?) and of course, a pair of family sims, got chimes right away. Both want to graduate three kids from college. Leif's in the Intelligence career, but if I see Military in the next couple sim-days I'll change him. Christy's waiting for something to come up. Uncle Linden thoughtfully made cheesecake, because the faster we get lifts the less likely everyone dies from ghosts, and with Culinary and Medical lifted, a mob is now handle-able.

Oh, Moonshine the cat who lifted Service Pet died, and in haunting, got to meet Linda, the sim who lifted culinary. It seemed quite appropriate. (Linda spent so many nights sleeping on the recliner instead of the bed to avoid the ghosts that she haunts the recliner, but she died outside like a good permaplat old age death should happen.)

Six lifts, generation five on the way. Sooner I get someone to college the sooner all the non-age dead get resurrected to do their lifts. A lot of them are going to be totally stranded in time and relationships . . . I mean, Shelby's ghost is pregnant with gen two, and here's five about to be born. That kid's going to grow up with gen six at the earliest, who are distantly enough related to consider potential romantic interests! The family has about $575,000, so the cost of good resurrections is not a concern. Phil, gen one spouse; pregnant Shelby, gen two spouse; Rouge, gen two spare; Lars, gen three heir. The soonest possible paranormal lift is one of Lars' unborn grandkids.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Scholar
#1625 Old 28th Mar 2017 at 3:59 PM
Ok, I think I can say that Steve Palmer has become my favourite Sim ever.
After two failed marriages, he keeps looking for true love. And in the meantime he dates every woman he meets (how else?).

So he phoned Jessica and asked her out. She accepts, his wants re-roll as the date is about to begin.
What does he want? Oh, he wants to marry Martha. And he also wants to marry Adriana, yep. And what the hell, why not marry Carol (who is actually married to J'Sapp) too?

This guy is looking for serious trouble.
Page 65 of 350