Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Nov 2015 at 3:29 PM
Default questions about custom sliders
I'm interested in downloading some of the sims people have put up on this site, but I've noticed that many of them use custom sliders. Forgive me if this is a FAQ, but if I download one and I don't have the custom sliders the creator used to create that sim, will the sim appear the same in my game? I already have body type sliders installed because it makes me happy to create sims that have figure variations, but I don't have any custom facial sliders. Thanks so much!
Advertisement
#2 Old 29th Nov 2015 at 4:04 PM
I donno. I suppose I could do the obvious and download the sim made with the custom sliders you're interested in, take out my slider mods, fire up the sims and seeing the custom slider sim looks like the advertised picture

I'll do that, if you tell me which sim... but you could do it in 15 minutes easy, and it will take hours for me to get back to you. Your call on that.
One Minute Ninja'd
#3 Old 29th Nov 2015 at 4:11 PM
If you download a sim made with custom sliders and/or a given slider hack multiplier and not edit their faces/body in CAS (clothing is OK), they should look the same. But if you change anything in their appearance, those custom settings will be lost and their face will "snap back" to a default appearance.
Scholar
Original Poster
#4 Old 29th Nov 2015 at 4:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by eskie227
If you download a sim made with custom sliders and/or a given slider hack multiplier and not edit their faces/body in CAS (clothing is OK), they should look the same. But if you change anything in their appearance, those custom settings will be lost and their face will "snap back" to a default appearance.

So, if I decide to give someone blue eyes instead of the brown they came with, then they'll default out? Thank you!
dodgy builder
#5 Old 29th Nov 2015 at 8:22 PM
I have several times experienced that if I have several different skins by mistake and forget about the sliders, I end up with black EA pudding faces.
Scholar
Original Poster
#6 Old 29th Nov 2015 at 11:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
I have several times experienced that if I have several different skins by mistake and forget about the sliders, I end up with black EA pudding faces.

Thanks for the heads up, but I don't have any custom skins. My computer is right at minimum requirements, so I'm just happy the thing runs. I downloaded a few sims, so now I'll go see what's in my bin. Wish me luck!
One Minute Ninja'd
#7 Old 30th Nov 2015 at 12:02 AM
Good luck!
Scholar
Original Poster
#8 Old 30th Nov 2015 at 3:57 PM
I downloaded a few sims with interesting faces from a few different creators and plopped them in my game. I looked at 5 or 6 in CAS and only one had the problem Volvenom described. The worst thing about that problem is that once I got her skin to display normally, she defaulted out. I'm looking at 83% success which is good enough for me.