Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Jun 2016 at 4:25 PM
Default Override - Tuning Mod Tinkering. How to do?
Hi there

I have downloaded 2 mods for my game, that happen to conflict with each other - but I still want both them in my game.

One mod is called:
Buy Horse and Unicorn Fertilizer at the Grocery Store/Higher Fertilizer Values (requires Pets EP) Update 1-3-14
made by bluegenjutsu, who has allowed me and any other to mess with his/her Mod. Bluegenjutsu doesn't build mods for sims3 anymore.
you can take a look at it at Simsasylum.com – Registration needed.
Here is the link: http://simsasylum.com/tfm/index.php...47-mods-sims-3/
In the discription it says...
This file edits the Ingredients XML file and it will conflict with any other mod that edits this file – that includes a buy all produce mod --> like cinderellimouse's mod.
An Override-tuning mod like cinderellimouse's I guess.
Its a mod, that makes Horse/unicornmanure more pricy, simply the best fertilizer and the longest lasting. For me that would be WAY more natural feeling than fertilizing my plants with fish and garlic.

The other Mod would be:

Cooking and Ingredient Overhaul + More Nectar Ingredients.
Override – tuning mod buy cinderellimouse
To be found here: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=548787
It takes crops - custommade or otherwise - and ingredients of different mods and the game and makes them play nice with each other. You can sell or buy all of them as well as the stuff from different countries (china etc). Also you can cook with all of them.

The Overhaul mod overrides the following xml resources:
- Plants (0xD7254D7A48A94584)
- Bars (0x270C087EF75701F3)
- Shop Tabs (0xEEF06251680758F9)
- RecipeMasterList (0xC804E72F531C6AAD)
- Ingredients (0x918403294B7A0B63)
- Ingredients_Store (0x54987D38B61E6AE1)
- and a large number of recipe (cooking process) files.

I think either one or all of the marked files are the troublemakers for both mods.
What do I need to do for both mods to play nice with each other? Or is there someone with time and skill to fix that problem?

I never made a mod so far. No knowlegde of it. The best I did so far, was to take an deco-object, open it with... S3PE I think it was, and changing a line so that the object becomes a container - thanks to treeags Mod.
Computerlanguage has been a reason to run fast so far. So yeah, I still feel like running, but I want both mods in my game. *grin* I need either someone, who is interessted to doing this or interessted to helping me learn how to do this. Orrrr at least some links to pages where I can learn how to fix the mod myself (God help me with that - the idea scares me! O.o).

Well than. Anybody any suggestions how to work this problem?
Thanks for reading and your help

Seewolf
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 16th Jun 2016 at 5:54 PM
1. Choose which mod you want to run or would be more difficult to replicate--in this case, probably the Ingredients Overhaul mod.
2. Look at the XML resource that's being edited by the other mod, and find the changes made by the modder--in this case, look at the fertilizer mod's Ingredients XML and find the lines that have been changed by the modder to make manure better.
3. Copy-paste these changes into the corresponding XML resource in the mod you want to keep. Obviously, if the two mods edit the same lines in different ways to do completely different things, you're out of luck. Otherwise, you've just concatenated bits from the two mods into a single resource, thus removing the conflict.

This is for your private use, not for release, unless you obtain prior permission to edit + share the work from the original modders.

Good luck.
Instructor
#3 Old 16th Jun 2016 at 5:59 PM
Seems like these two mods only have the Ingredients.XML in common, which is the file that is causing the conflicts issues.

If you want to get started on XML editing, maybe check this basic tutorial on the wiki: Tutorial: Sims 3 XML Tuning Modding.
Tuning mods are basically made by exporting an XML resource file from the game's data and modifying lines in the XML files (which you can open in Notepad). They are, most of the time, pretty explicit (example: <CanBuyFromStore>True</CanBuyFromStore>).

Now with your two conflicting mods, what you want to do is see in those Ingredients.XML what each modifies and see if you can combine them.

So open both packages in S3PE and find the Ingredients.XML.

For Bluegenjutsu's mod, it's really easy, you only have one file in that package and you can open it in Notepad.
For Cinderellimouse's one, you're going to need to find the right package in the list of XML. Now personnally, I don't see the names of them.

To gain time in finding the right XML in Cinderellimouse's package, in the tutorial I linked you above, it shows you how to find the right resource with their name. Well, you'll have to do the same thing, but with the Instance number, you'll get from Bluegenjustu's package.

Now, I'm going to say, I want to edit Cinderellimouse's package to add Blugenjustu's edits. But you can go different ways to find those edits:

1) You roughly know what lines Bluegenjustsu's mod edits. Here, I'm going to assume something to with Fertilizers, Horses and Unicorn. So, with Bluegenjustu's XML open in Notepad, I'll tap CTRL+F and try to find either lines that contain "fertilizer", "horse" or "unicorn". Find the right line(s) and copy them. Then find and paste/replace those lines in Cinderellimouse's Ingredients.XML.

2) I personnally like seeing both XMLs side-by-side and see what lines are modified by each mods and where they differe. I use a text comparator (because I'm not completely crazy) to make it easier to see the differences between two texts. Just copy/paste the two texts in each boxes and click Compare. The differences will be highlighted. Then using the same method as above find the right lines and edit the text.
Now that you made the edits, Save your changes, Save your package and you're done or you should be!

Edit: whoops, ok. Butterbot made it all very concise and simple while I was typing this wall of text...
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 16th Jun 2016 at 8:34 PM
*grin* I'm very happy with wall of text as well as short and concise text As long as I can understand what was meant _after_ i read up the tutorial and other stuff As off for now I think: aha... aha... uhu... uhm... yeah. I need to find some lines in a whole wall of lines. Possible Computerlanguage. At least they are similar... still.. Exit please, where art you? LOL
I will look the stuff up Learn and than i will see if I can manage. Worst thing to happen is my game crashing or doing funny things. Well... Manurebla either works or it doesn't. As long as the s*** doesn't hit the fan... LOL
Thank you for your help Hope to understand it soon.

@Blyss
You said, you wish to see those lines to compare - as a pm? I don't think the creators will be happy if i paste and copy them into this threat? Something about privat property and public forum and errr... my languageknowlegde fails me here, but I think you get, what I mean. Shall I sent you my findings via pm? If that is allowed here.

By the way, I have some of your mods too. I thought I knew your name <3 XD The dog and kitty hunting mods as well as the 'don't look at new stuff' mod

For tonight I have plenty to do hehehe

Have a nice evening, both of you and thank you. Will write soon.
Instructor
#5 Old 17th Jun 2016 at 11:27 AM
Haha, yeah, that's me.

And hum, I'm not sure I specifically asked to see those lines per se? I just wanted to share how I like to proceed when I want to see, find and/or combine XMLs. Maybe, my explanation was confusing, my apologies. ;p

But, hey, if you want to pm me a question on this specific matter or want me to check something with you, I don't mind at all!
Though, I don't think it would be forbidden to discuss the content of those XMLs here, since it is first and foremost EA's coding that was then edited? But do what feels most comfortable with you.

Just don't worry too much, it seems overwhelming at first, but you'll get the hang of it!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 20th Jun 2016 at 5:28 PM
Harharhar....

Got it done. Wasn't as scary as I thought. Found the Horses*** as well as the Unicorns*** and changed the lines. It really was easy to follow the how to after I decided to not only try to decifer the text, but just open the damned S3PE and work the mod while reading. So much fear for what? 6 Lines all in all? Geez... So I say now Just wait, till I want to do something on a different mod, that might be bigger... Or where i don't just copy and paste lines, but have to edit them without a clear example. Oh yeah - courages me will turn into am mouse again *grin*

Thank you Blyss And yeah it was a missunderstanding on my side. I didn't read it as 'if it were me' but as 'I'd like to see that'.

I still have to see, if it works, though
As for now I still have trouble with ccm, which happen to not load my cc-items ig - only the stuff in Mods and Override. Problems, Problems everywhere. Like with my cats. They are everywhere too. Just two of them, but they show up at differents spots every now and then. Nuff with my chatting, Gota see, whats up with that damned CCM.

Thank you all for your help
Now I have a toe in How to mod and I don't think the water to cold or to hot. harhar... Lets see, If I can figure out one thing at a time I still have some beef with other things - like a Pipe and a Bag for tabak instead of a cigarette and a box of cigarettes in cmomoneys mod But I guess, that needs something called mesh... uhu... making one.. turning it into an object and somewhat copying and fitting the modbla of ccmoney to it.... and asking him before I do all that. godhelpme.... LOL