Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Aug 2014 at 4:41 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Seasons Uninstalled but still getting Soaked moodlet
I uninstalled Seasons this past week or so, but I'm still getting lightning flashes and the soaked moodlet. Has anyone heard of such a thing? I've been searching around to see if anyone else has had this problem, but I am having no luck with that. It seems like I may have heard of it before, but I could be wrong.

I did uninstall all mods dealing with Seasons, cleared the cache files, and ran the latest Super patch on the game to see if that would correct it. Sadly, it didn't.

♥ }i{ Monarch of the Receptacle Refugees }i{ ♥
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 18th Aug 2014 at 6:33 AM
Well, soaked has been in the game way before Seasons. Does it explicitly say that it's rain causing your Sim to get soaked? Because if you have WA, dive pools can grant it as well, as can fighting and losing to Ambitions washing machines. Possibly couple more possibilities that I'm forgetting.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Aug 2014 at 6:54 AM
There are lightning flashes on the screen, and then it says soaked from rain. The sims drips water as well.

Edit: The lightning just looks like a bright light, no visible thunder bolt. No clouds, either.

Mad Poster
#4 Old 18th Aug 2014 at 9:28 AM
Welp fuck, that's odd. Sorry, I've no idea!
Forum Resident
#5 Old 18th Aug 2014 at 2:36 PM
are you playing in a costum world? you would additionally have to delete the world caches in the << WorldCaches >> Folder.
i hope that simple thing helps - if not i am suprised why its still raining without seasons...

<< ... too old-fashioned to die young-fashioned >>
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6 Old 18th Aug 2014 at 2:46 PM
No, I tried Sunset Valley, Roaring Heights, and Lucky Palms. The unplayables run like there is rain, but they don't have umbrellas, at least. I use The Dashboard to delete all caches, including the world ones.

I think maybe I will try installing from disk and uninstalling again. Who knows, I might get lucky.

Forum Resident
#7 Old 18th Aug 2014 at 2:56 PM
heres EAs Guide for manually Uninstalling EPs if you want to check that if you missed something: http://help.ea.com/au/article/manua...ing-the-sims-3/ EDIT: realized that Seasons isnt in the list...for some reason. sorry
so better check the wiki if you were missing a step

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#8 Old 18th Aug 2014 at 3:16 PM Last edited by ~MadameButterfly~ : 19th Aug 2014 at 10:11 PM.
Yeah, I visited those pages already, but thanks, though.

Edit: Tried reinstalling Seasons and then uninstalling Seasons. Got rain 1 Week and 4 days into the fresh save. I actually saw water coming from the wheels of vehicles. My next attempt will be to try with a fresh Sims 3 folder.

Edit 2: Got tired of messing around. Made an xml mod to make it go away, and that worked.

Forum Resident
#9 Old 20th Aug 2014 at 10:23 PM
"Got tired of messing around. Made an xml mod to make it go away, and that worked."
... awesome! dont you make the butterfly angry no-no