Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Aug 2014 at 11:10 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Pets, Seasons, Island Paradise
Mods and CC killing the game
Hello everyone,
So, before few days when I finally got home from holidays I wanted to play Sims. Hoewever, I used different laptop, not mine. I logged into Origin and installed Seasons Ep only and played it. It was quite laggy and I had no CC that I had installed on my laptop (okay, that laptop is actually very slow one so lags are not worth mentioning). Then I went back to my own laptop and wanted to start game (I have base, all sims 2 ep's and seasons, pets and island paradise ep's but i play only with seasons and pets because my computer simply cant take more that two ep's...at least it seems so). When I went to CAS i saw that all my CC was gone. Okay, it wasnt much so I started downloading new one. This time I had really a lot of package files (i never used them before) and few mods and poses. It wasn't much still, I have had more than that before. When I went in my game this time, CAS was really glitching. It take about two minutes to switch between tops and pants for example or to switch outfits etc. Pet creating works better than Sim, tho. Game itself hasn't been lagging, but I really wanted to have a good gameplay this time and CAS lagging makes me sick! Oh and if someone has any idea how do I know if it s my laptop's fault that I can't take more than two EP's could you please help me?
To mention, I installed some ponies and coats and the sliders wich helps you o change horses height but i couldn't find them. Maybe I'm just noob but could you help me?
Really huge thank you if you know a solution!
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#2 Old 20th Aug 2014 at 11:26 AM
Default MTS2 Staff Reply
  • General - Post System Specs
    We need more information before we can help with your issue.
    • Please post a Quick summary of your System Specs
      Instructions on finding them are here: Game Help:System Specswiki.
    • If you have Dual-graphics, please post your complete DxDiag report in your thread. And put in between [ spoiler ] specs here [ /spoiler ] tags (remove the spaces).

• Sims 3 - Game Problems
    Please go through this FAQ and follow the instructions, doing each step in order and not skipping anything:Most issues with the game can be resolved by following those steps.

There is no specific "you can only have two" limitations to any hardware. Generally, you can add as many EPs as you like, as long as your hardware is strong enough to handle the most strenuous of them, and the three you have installed are by far the most strenuous. Please post your system specs - it's possible that your system is just not up to handling TS3 at all, or there may be some other issue going on.

For the issue with switching from one thing to another, best to try the Game Problems FAQ - each step in order. Sounds like one or more of the pieces of CC you got is problematic in some way - best way to find that out is to try that FAQ.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Aug 2014 at 11:01 AM Last edited by leefish : 21st Aug 2014 at 11:04 AM. Reason: Merged posts: 4493013, 4493016
System Specs ( I hope I have copied the right info):

And I'm going to check the Help link aswell.

Uh, I read the problem post and I have tried stuff like this before when I had other problems but I do not really want to do it again. Anyway, I hope you an get some info out of my system specs.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#4 Old 21st Aug 2014 at 11:15 AM
Unfortunately, your computer is far underpowered for even the base game of The Sims 3.

Your processor is a 1.8 gHz Celeron, which is under the required 2.0 gHz Pentium 4. You have 3 gigs of RAM, which is okay (1 gig required, 2 gigs "recommended" in the official base game specs - I'd really recommend more like 4 gigs). But your graphics card is a slightly undepowered version of the Intel HD 2500, which unfortunately is far underpowered for even The Sims 3 base game - minimum is HD 3000 which we've seen is really not even enough to play the base game well.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but your system is unsuited for TS3, and the best thing you can do for it, if you would like your computer to continue functioning, is to not play TS3 on it at all. Not the base game, not EPs, none of it. As it is a laptop, it cannot easily (or at all) be upgraded for better components, and continuing to play TS3 on it can cause permanent physical damage to it. Damage to components is cumulative, which may be why you're only now starting to see major issues, but even with no EPs, no CC, nothing - it would still be a bad idea to play it on a system with those specs.

Sorry.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 21st Aug 2014 at 5:12 PM
Woah.
Well, i don't know, my game is actually functioning very well except the freezing part now, but today I see it has gotten better. Can you maybe suggest me what kinf of laptop would be good for Sims? Because I might be getting one not in very far future just for gaming.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 21st Aug 2014 at 6:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nareliin
Woah.
Well, i don't know, my game is actually functioning very well except the freezing part now, but today I see it has gotten better. Can you maybe suggest me what kinf of laptop would be good for Sims? Because I might be getting one not in very far future just for gaming.

Is it important that it be a laptop and not a desk top? I've got a refurbished desk top that cost me $300 with a graphics card that ran me $30 added on that runs the game like a dream.
Forum Resident
#7 Old 22nd Aug 2014 at 1:49 PM
i would also recommend a desk top like HystericalParoxysm mentionend that the big plus is still that it can be improved with better hardware at later times. so its investing in the future. also labtops with better graphics and freaky awesome RAMS and fast processors tend to be sensitive when it comes to make them work really hard with games that need a lot performance. they get hot and what not. at least thats my experience... ( i am a labtop user - you know) so better overthink your buy i guess

<< ... too old-fashioned to die young-fashioned >>
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 22nd Aug 2014 at 4:56 PM
Well, my problem is that I need the laptop for study also wich means I take it with me a lot and you simply can't do that with desk top...
Field Researcher
#9 Old 22nd Aug 2014 at 6:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nareliin
Well, my problem is that I need the laptop for study also wich means I take it with me a lot and you simply can't do that with desk top...

All I can advise then is a laptop that exceeds these specs as much as possible and possibly some sort of external cooling device. I once had a laptop prone to overheating with a sort of stand that it sat on that plugged into one of the usb drives and ran an external fan to keep it cool.

CPU: (XP) 2.0 GHz P4 processor or equivalent; (Vista/7) 2.4 GHz P4 processor or equivalent [If built-in graphics chipsets then 2.6 GHz Pentium D CPU, or 1.8 GHz Core 2 Duo, or equivalent.]

CPU Speed: (XP) 2.0 GHz P4 processor or equivalent; (Vista/7) 2.4 GHz P4 processor or equivalent [If built-in graphics chipsets then 2.6 GHz Pentium D CPU, or 1.8 GHz Core 2 Duo, or equivalent.]

RAM: (XP) 1 GB RAM; (Vista/7) 1.5 GB RAM [If built-in graphics then add 0.5 GB additional RAM]

Video Card: 128 MB Video Card, with support for Pixel Shader 2.0 (NVIDIA GeForce FX 5900 or above / ATI Radeon 9500 or above / Intel GMA 3-series or above)

With ram, as people have pointed out the Sims 3 can only access 4 gig, but your system will be using ram for things other than the game as well so 6+ gig of ram is best so the game will have all four gig it can use available to it. The CPU as I understand is probably more important that the video card for running smoothly, I've heard the game often described as very CPU intensive, but video cards are where a lot of laptops tend to fall down and the Pets expansion especially requires a really spiffy graphics card or you'll have eldritch non-euclidean hell beasts running around instead of cats, dogs, and horses.

And you probably want it to be running Windows 7 (unless you're a mac user), I've heard of people having lots of problems getting the game to run on Windows 8.

Edit: People successfully running the game on a laptop may have more helpful information.
Forum Resident
#10 Old 22nd Aug 2014 at 6:39 PM
but you already have a labtop (the weak one you tried to play the sims with) or not? that labtop should be still ok for studying. when i studied all i needed was a better typewriter for writing excerpts and that can handle multimedia software for presentations. but these tasks normally dont need a "gaming-machine". of course you need to know for yourself. i only wanted to share my experiences here.

<< ... too old-fashioned to die young-fashioned >>