Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Oct 2015 at 12:06 PM
Default Adding morphs to multi-group meshes
I recently found out that it's possible to see the number of morphs in a mesh in SimPE. My first thought was "hooray, now I can easily see which meshes are missing morphs and automatically make them with the mesh toolkit!" But the very first mesh I extracted turned out to have about six different groups. How do I add morphs to that? Does each single group require a morph? What do I name them all? Or can I regroup them all together and make morphs out of the full body, then go back to the ungrouped version and have them all use the same morph? I have no idea what to do with it and I'm beginning to think that's why it didn't have morphs in the first place!
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 7th Oct 2015 at 10:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sushigal007
I recently found out that it's possible to see the number of morphs in a mesh in SimPE. My first thought was "hooray, now I can easily see which meshes are missing morphs and automatically make them with the mesh toolkit!" But the very first mesh I extracted turned out to have about six different groups. How do I add morphs to that? Does each single group require a morph? What do I name them all? Or can I regroup them all together and make morphs out of the full body, then go back to the ungrouped version and have them all use the same morph? I have no idea what to do with it and I'm beginning to think that's why it didn't have morphs in the first place!
Ok let me explain this cause I learned it by myself the hard way. I will show you a mesh I made which has four groups and my fans at this other site wanted to have fat morphs. It consists of a body,body_alpha3,body-alpha5 and a body2,4 groups. I duplicated each group first, then hide the originals. Then you take the copies and make then all fat together to create a fat morph. Then the morphs have all the same comment which is: MorphNames: botmorphs fatbot allright?. I have a picture for you you can see how I have align them and renamed the morphs. For example the first group is called body so the duplicate of it which is in fat state now should be placed directly underneath body and the same with other groups. One important thing after you make the duplicate,select each duplicate and go to joints and press show and make sure all what shows is set to none and then press assign. They have no bones. One important thing I learned was no to add thins to morphs cause that can make them explode and you have to start over.
Just duplicate the original mesh and if you have to add some nice shoes, do it to original mesh before you duplicat otherwise explosions are imminent. I hope I am helping you look at these pictures.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Oct 2015 at 7:35 PM
Thank you! I had originally made fat/preg versions of each separate group, but I got an error exporting it and now I think that could be because I moved them all down to the bottom of the list rather than below each group. I'll try rearranging things and see if that works.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4 Old 10th Oct 2015 at 11:25 AM
I found out why it wasn't working - for the fat morphs, instead of putting MorphNames: botmorphs fatbot in the comments section, I'd just put botmorphs fatbot! Haha. Well, it's exported with no problems, so now i just need to check it. Thank you for helping me past that stumbling block.