Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Delphy's Download Organiser - v1.2.6365 updated 6th June 2017

by Tashiketh Posted 11th Apr 2007 at 3:54 PM - Updated 25th Jul 2020 at 4:57 PM by Tashiketh : Updated bbcode for headers

1661 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 1565 Feedback Posts, 95 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 67 of 67
Lab Assistant
#1651 Old 13th Apr 2021 at 8:29 PM
the tutorial you're looking for
Thanks! Oldie but very goodie.

To others digging through the comments trying to figure out how to set it up for UC on windows 10:
That's right, I'm gonna give you kids a tutorial so you don't have to suffer like me.

0) (setup)
Download the .rar (a kind of zip) from the downloads area here.
Extract the .rar- If you don't have a program that can open it, I recommend 7-Zip.
Make sure to extract it into a folder- right click the file, extract to "extract files..." (lets you pick the folder name) or "extract to (the name of the .rar). OR extract it to a premade folder.
DO NOT click "extract here" UNLESS you've put the .rar in the file where all the program files should go anyway- this option will extract everything to the same folder as the rar.
As you can imagine, not particularly helpful if everything gets lost in a cluttered downloads folder!
The folder should be put somewhere safe on your PC, like on the desktop or in Documents where you won't delete it by mistake or lose track of it.
double click DownloadOrganiser.exe and move to the next step.

1) First go and set all the EP/SP locations-
File>Program Locations. There are three tabs (for basegame, eps, and sps)

The EP are pretty easy to figure out, and babyliss on page 68 of these comments had helpfully put the usual path for the SPs. Just to be safe, I'll paste all of mine.
Since UC is everything, do all three tabs. You should be able to copy and paste (select line and then: ctrl-c to copy and crtl-v to paste OR right click and use the menu)
If your game is installed on a different drive, adjust the address accordingly- though C should be the default for most folks.

tab1 (base game)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Double Deluxe\Base

tab2 (expansions)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\University Life\EP1
C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Double Deluxe\EP2
C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Best of Business\EP3
C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Fun with Pets\EP4
C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Seasons
C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Bon Voyage
C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Free Time
C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Apartment Life

tab3(stuffpacks)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Best of Business\SP5
C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Fun with Pets\SP1
C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\University Life\VP6
C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Best of Business\VP6
C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Glamour Life Stuff
C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Best of Business\SP5
C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\University Life\SP6
C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Best of Business\SP7
C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\University Life\SP8
C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Fun with Pets\SP9

once you've pasted these all in, make sure you hit "save and close" before moving onto our next step.

2) Next, go to File>Full Re-Scan Folder.
Click "select folder" and select your Downloads folder in Documents (where all your super sweet CC makes its home).
then click "start"

It should take a few minutes depending on how much CC you have. My C drive is a Solid State Drive(SSD) so it's a little faster than a standard hard drive(HDD), and 7GB of mods/cc took around 5 minutes.
When it's done, lo and behold, all your custom content should show up in a spreadsheet from hell.

3) Miscellaneous- if everything works, and you've used the program before, feel free to ignore this.

If you're still having problems, try running the program in compatibility mode for Windows XP Service Pack 3.
You can do this by right clicking the EXE, going to Properties, then the Compatibility tab.
Check "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" and then choose Windows XP (Service pack 3).
(As of April 2021, I haven't needed to do this- it works fine without. But it's worth a shot if you're having issues.)

As another user stated, you may need to install .net framework (a resource required for many programs).

4) tips
I'm not super familiar with every nook and cranny of the program, but here's some basics-

In your resulting spreadsheet, at the top you can click the dark blue at the top, for each column to sort it by that thing-
ex: clicking 'filename' will sort it alphabetically in the order of special characters>numbers>alphabet a-z.
Same goes for the other categories. Clicking the same title again will invert the order it displays (in the filenames' case, starting with Z)

On the left, when you click a file and it's highlighted, a little white arrow > will appear. Clicking and dragging that arrow lets you multi-select.

On the bottom, you can search and filter. Filter is very handy if you're looking for files you installed recently, or for a particular type of CC.

===
Good job! All done!
Hopefully that helped and saved folks some time! Thanks to the other users who have posted tips throughout the last few years that helped me figure things out myself.
Stay safe yall!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#1652 Old 21st Jun 2021 at 8:36 AM
A thousand thanks for that Ceroshiro!
Forum Resident
#1653 Old 7th Dec 2021 at 1:47 PM
Hello everybody. I got trouble with DDO I use it for years fine until recently the program tells me all my objects recolours files are all orphans please help me to fix this error. It seems the program doesn't recognize anymore attached recolours files with their mother mesh as casual.

I speak French only. If my statements are harsh, rude for you, that's not intentional. I just think Different due to my Language and my Culture.
But truly, I am open-minded than you think of.
Test Subject
#1654 Old 30th Jun 2022 at 11:44 PM
Default Can't select my folder
it says that the scan folder wizard appears in the first time that it open the program but it didn't to show and now i can't seem to select my Downloads folder and use the program. Does anyone know how to fix this?
Test Subject
#1655 Old 13th Sep 2022 at 8:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LucieSims
Hello everybody. I got trouble with DDO I use it for years fine until recently the program tells me all my objects recolours files are all orphans please help me to fix this error. It seems the program doesn't recognize anymore attached recolours files with their mother mesh as casual.

I have exactly the same problem after having it worked well for years! Any help out there?

Thanks
Test Subject
#1656 Old 22nd Sep 2022 at 2:48 PM
Default Correction to where to link the 1st Stuff Pack (3rd tab) - Celebrations Stuff Pack
Hi there -

It looks like in the list of where to link the Stuff Packs (3rd tab), there's a duplicate.

The first one (Celebration Stuff Pack) is here: C:\Program Files\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Double Deluxe\SP4

Not here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Best of Business\SP5

The incorrect one links to the H&M Stuff Pack, which is already correctly linked lower on the list. In case anyone runs into any problems.

Thank you so much for repeating the instructions so it's easy for everyone to find

Quote: Originally posted by Ceroshiro

The EP are pretty easy to figure out, and babyliss on page 68 of these comments had helpfully put the usual path for the SPs. Just to be safe, I'll paste all of mine.
Since UC is everything, do all three tabs. You should be able to copy and paste (select line and then: ctrl-c to copy and crtl-v to paste OR right click and use the menu)
If your game is installed on a different drive, adjust the address accordingly- though C should be the default for most folks.

tab1 (base game)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Double Deluxe\Base

tab2 (expansions)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\University Life\EP1
C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Double Deluxe\EP2
C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Best of Business\EP3
C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Fun with Pets\EP4
C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Seasons
C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Bon Voyage
C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Free Time
C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Apartment Life

tab3(stuffpacks)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Fun with Pets\SP1
C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\University Life\VP6
C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Best of Business\VP6
C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Glamour Life Stuff
C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\University Life\SP6
C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Best of Business\SP7
C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\University Life\SP8
C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Fun with Pets\SP9

once you've pasted these all in, make sure you hit "save and close" before moving onto our next step.
Test Subject
#1657 Old 11th Nov 2022 at 5:53 PM
For some reason I can't start the installation? I double clicked and ran the software as administrator, nothing happens. :c
Test Subject
#1658 Old 4th Mar 2023 at 9:04 AM
Fix for Windows 10 users: Go through your registry and delete all entries for "Delphy". Just make sure the entries are for the download organiser (compare location to your install location). There will be quite a few of them. I did this and it fixed mine. It wouldn't work no matter what I did. I installed 1.0 .NET Framework, ran as admin, compatibility mode, etc. No dice. Removing it from the reg did the trick.

Note that I updated to Windows 10 from Windows 7. I suspect many of you who are having the same issue did the same.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#1659 Old 21st Mar 2023 at 2:42 PM Last edited by BaseGamePlayer : 22nd Mar 2023 at 12:48 AM.
I'm having a bit of trouble (noob here) What is the download type (*)? What does that mean?
Plus I'm getting a error message when trying to move a file to a specific folder. Help!
BTW I think this mod is a GodSend! I just have NO IDEA how to use it. lol. Bless U!! LOL.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#1660 Old 6th Aug 2023 at 4:17 AM
Does this still work for windows 11?
Instructor
#1661 Old 10th Aug 2023 at 12:24 PM
I can't open the .exe file after clicking on it a thousand times. I have the Framework, win 10 and the disc version.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#1662 Old 28th Sep 2023 at 8:30 PM
I'm sorry, do I have to download all 3 files to Download Organizer, or just the last one up to date? And please tell me where to extract the file, please? Thank you in advance for your answer.
Page 67 of 67