Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Oct 2014 at 3:58 AM
Default My Floor Package Files All have the same Thumbnail
I made three different floor textures using WallEz, the new version. It worked great, but my issue is that in the catalog view in game, they all have the same thumbnail. I opened the package file in S4PE, and the IMG file is correct, but I don't see where the thumbnail is, in order to check it to make sure it is right. Can I view and replace that thumbnail using S4PE? Or should this be addressed someplace in the XML file?

This is the XML file that has the wrong thumbnail:
[blockquote]<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

-<Package Filename="chevronmosaidMarbleTile" Creator="Naydi33">

-<Floor Description="Chevron Mosaid Marble Tile by Naydi33" Name=" Chevron Mosaic Marble Tile" Price="2">

<Tag Value="Brown" Type="Color"/>

<Tag Value="Tile" Type="Style"/>

<Swatch Middle="#663300" Bottom="#cc6600" Top="#993300"/>

<Texture Filename="Dark-Marble-Chevron-Mosaic-Polished-Tiles.dds"/>

</Floor>

</Package>[/blockquote]

If you need the package file, I can upload it so you can see if the thumbnail is wrong in your game. Just let me know. (It might just be my cache..)
Screenshots
Advertisement
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#2 Old 22nd Oct 2014 at 4:22 AM
WallEz does not make thumbnails, but will give you color coded swatches using the <swatch ...> line. The thumbnails are generated in game using your dds image. Try deleting the cache?
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 25th Oct 2014 at 8:44 PM
I also have a problem with a thumbnail not showing the right way, because of many changes.
Which cache files do I have to delete?

I have a cache map containing: FileCache.ini & temp745419994.js.cache
And a cachestr containing: spotlight.package
And a lotcacheddata containing six: Lot_(Different numbers).dat files.

Do I only have to delete temp745419994.js.cache from the first map?

Curious at all the mods I made or want to learn how to make mods yourself? Take a look at my BakieGaming YouTube Channel
For the people who would like to support me some more, take a look at my: BakieGaming Patreon page
For a quick mod overview, take a look at my Profile page
Sir Not Appearing In This Film
#4 Old 25th Oct 2014 at 11:20 PM
The thumbnails are cached in the \Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\localthumbcache.package file, which is perfectly safe to delete.
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 26th Oct 2014 at 11:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Snaitf
The thumbnails are cached in the \Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\localthumbcache.package file, which is perfectly safe to delete.

Ow, there was another one
Thanks!

Curious at all the mods I made or want to learn how to make mods yourself? Take a look at my BakieGaming YouTube Channel
For the people who would like to support me some more, take a look at my: BakieGaming Patreon page
For a quick mod overview, take a look at my Profile page