Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#76 Old 6th Sep 2023 at 3:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sweetim
Could anyone help me? I've been trying to make some new video game channels. After a few trials I decided to stick to just editing Arsil's All News package file, because if I follow the steps in the tutorial (which I know is outdated) nothing seems to work. So, the thing is, when I add this part:

</TVChannel>
<TVChannel>
<Channel_Name>VideoGame1</Channel_Name>
<Channel_Level>Level1</Channel_Level>
<Video_File_Names>PUBG-Gameplay-No-Commentary</Video_File_Names>
<Associated_Traits>-</Associated_Traits>
<Sync_Event_Name>-</Sync_Event_Name>
<Buff_Prereq>-</Buff_Prereq>
<Target_Buff>-</Target_Buff>
</TVChannel>

to the XML in Arsil_ToDoAbout_AllNewsTVChannel file, everything works just fine and the channel shows up on the TV (under the "Watch TV" interaction). But right after I add this line in the end (which I guess is needed for the video to be identified as a video game):

<IsVideoGameChannel>1</IsVideoGameChannel>

nothing works and the channel doesn't show up neither on the TV nor on the computer. There's obviously some step missing but because of my lack of programming/coding skills I can't figure out what this step is! I don't think I need to add a custom interaction because I guess it's just purely XML scripting, isn't it? So what else could it be?

Did you ever figure this out? I would love to try some new video game channels in the game, maybe even apply a custom moodlet after playing the game,
Page 4 of 4