Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#26 Old 2nd Jan 2012 at 7:12 PM
Definitely body sliders. I would love to have pudgy pear-shaped girls or stickly thin guys and everything in-between. Also height-sliders if it would be at all possible. It really bugs me that all adults are the same height when I'd like some to be taller or shorter than others.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#27 Old 2nd Jan 2012 at 9:47 PM
Whoa, these are all great ideas! I never really thought about this stuff before. (Except for the walking to neighbors' houses without loading screens, though; I've thought about how nice that would be.)

ENTJ
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 2nd Jan 2012 at 11:37 PM
I would love it if TS2 had horses. I'm jealous of TS3 and their pretty horses. </3

Also, body/height sliders would be fantastic. It would really add some much-needed diversity to the game.

|| Tumblr ||
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 2nd Jan 2012 at 11:49 PM
Definitely body sliders. Would love to change individual body parts and height. Not all girls are a b cup, not all fat people only carry their fat in their stomachs. Would love to have been able to do that.

More fighting options. I'd have loved a violence EP with weapons and such. Would have loved an archery hobby object. And I'd have liked to have been able to hunt in the game too.

More musician options. Yeah, they have the microphone, but the songs you sing have NOTHING to do with the one repetitive song the band is playing.

I would have also liked to be able to choose the era my neighborhoods are set in. You could have a Medieval neighborhood with dirt roads while keeping your other neighborhoods with paved roads.

A daredevil EP would have been fun too. Imagine having your Sims able to go parachuting or bungee jumping and stuff like that?

And pretty much the only other thing? More animals. Deer, horses, bears, cattle, stuff like that.
*shrugs*
retired moderator
#30 Old 3rd Jan 2012 at 12:10 AM
Better lot impostors,
body (and voice) sliders,
hair states (length, style, growth rate, and other customizations for scalp, facial, bodily),
better Wants/Fears/Aspirations customization,
Traits (for Sims and the hood itself so we could better simulate real urban/military/deserted island/whatever area),
miscellaneous objects people have been asking for (such as a real high dive),
...and as many of the existing problems fixed as possible.

And as long as I'm breaking the whole "(only) one thing" element to this thread, why not more complex/expanded building features such as courtyards, above ground pools, different wall shapes, different roofing textures per lot, shiftable windows and stages?

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...
Test Subject
#31 Old 3rd Jan 2012 at 12:43 AM
Default So much agreement!
More sliders for face and body types, YES!
I know there are replacement templates. But I don't want to replace everything. Add a few, take away a few. And it has always annoyed me when I want someone to have wide, high cheekbones, but the eyes are not what I want and I change them, only to find that the cheekbones are linked to the eyes.

More gradients of genetics for offspring, YES!!! I have a tendency to make mixed sim couples (I'm mixed too :D). It is sad when my blond-haired, lighter skinned sim and black-haired, darker skinned sim have a sim baby who looks like one or the other.

I agree with the clothing issue: clicking on one mesh and being able to choose a color style in the selection instead of having to scan pages and pages of clothes. That would save so much time!

It would be SO awesome if there were more sets of hair. If someone's every day hair has bangs, shouldn't there be a formal hair option with bangs? Or at least some similar textures with similar lengths with and without hats? Almost no hair in the BG and later EPs actually has such sets of hair styles. Another cool thing would be wet versions of hair, for all the aquatic activities.

More styles of jewelry based on the eaxis mesh. Alpha stuff, though lovely, annoys me when they show up blinking blue sometimes...

I wish that the sky could have a little more going on. Having seasons, I can see that the light quality changes slightly during different weather and times of the day. But it would be awesome to be able to scroll up and see some stars, or clouds, or the sun. I mean, there's a birds-eye-view toggle option for looking down, why not the same for looking up?

I wish driveways and garages could curve and still work. It would be nice if you already have a bunch of stuff on your lot and don't want to move things around to make room for a driveway and garage... Just alter the driveway path to wind around things :-)

And for that matter, driveways that can have a car going up or down in elevation, like an underground or hill top driveway.

It would also be nice if it were possible to build an on-ground garage right next to a raised house without having to put space between them... and not having that weird restriction where you can't place a roof when you already have windows and objects on the other side of the wall... Grr

Or how about being able to distinguish between watering flowers, trimming bushes, raking leaves, and watering crops as different activities in the cue? It takes way too long when they do it all automatically.

A nice fire hydrant that all the dogs use instead of peeing near my flowers and starting so many weed patches it's hard to keep up weeding! (One family of mine has 6 dogs, ahem!)

More animals that behave respectively similarly to the cats and dogs!! Rabbits in the garden? Racoons in the garbage? Ducks in the ponds? Livestock? Yes please!

Ok, I'm done now. Thank you for the opportunity to vent about these annoyances!

Mad Poster
#32 Old 3rd Jan 2012 at 2:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Selly_2009
I've already downloaded a hider for those. I was searching for something else when I came across them

I saw those, but then I read the comments that it also tends to hide custom sims in CAS. I know I'd forget to remove it when I wanted to make a sim I'd downloaded. Plus it's something extra to load. I'm trying to cut down on the excess files, not add more. XD

ETA: Hats! I'd like hats to be a proper, separate category of their own and sit on hair properly. I've made a couple of custom hats and I hate that there's just no way to make them fit every hair. They clip, they float, they have big gaps.
Field Researcher
#33 Old 3rd Jan 2012 at 3:49 AM
I’d like to add a middle-age, preteen and little kid life stage. It would add a lot of gameplay, help separate close-in-age siblings, and give sims a sense of gradual aging. Also, if the game had better looking grass and sky, better looking lot impostors, and the ability to see all neighborhood deco in lot view, then it would look a thousand times better. And, I second the other posts—I would love to have an open world and body sliders in the sims 2.
Field Researcher
#34 Old 3rd Jan 2012 at 4:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LearnerOfAll
More sliders for face and body types, YES!
I know there are replacement templates. But I don't want to replace everything. Add a few, take away a few. And it has always annoyed me when I want someone to have wide, high cheekbones, but the eyes are not what I want and I change them, only to find that the cheekbones are linked to the eyes.

More gradients of genetics for offspring, YES!!! I have a tendency to make mixed sim couples (I'm mixed too :D). It is sad when my blond-haired, lighter skinned sim and black-haired, darker skinned sim have a sim baby who looks like one or the other.

It would be SO awesome if there were more sets of hair. If someone's every day hair has bangs, shouldn't there be a formal hair option with bangs? Or at least some similar textures with similar lengths with and without hats? Almost no hair in the BG and later EPs actually has such sets of hair styles. Another cool thing would be wet versions of hair, for all the aquatic activities.

I hate to suggest CC when you don't want to change everything, but there are custom geneticized skin sets that give an enormous variation in skintone. (I use a CC skin set that has 18 different skintones, and an eyeset with dozens of shades of eye colors. I love the variation it's added.)

I do agree about the hair, though. A "wet hair" texture/overlay/style for someone who's just gotten out of a pool or a shower (for maybe an hour sim-time?) would be awesome.

My one thing would be wanting a trait system. Anything to increase the diversity in Sim personality would be great. (Second to that would be body sliders, and, as Learnerofall said, the ability to have more sliders on the face. Even with default face replacements, there's still that "I want that eye shape but it's linked to those cheekbones!" or the "I want those ears but they're attached to the rest of that face!" dilemmas.)
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 3rd Jan 2012 at 5:08 AM
Things I'd like for sims 2:
  • More aspirations especially CREATIVITY.. I really miss that one from ps2. I have lots of creative sims who would love to have an aspiration to fit them. I would also like a kindness aspiration where your wants would be postive interactions like give a gift, encourage someone, and so on; and fears would be negative interactions like fight with someone, have an affair with someone, and so on. There could be an Evil aspiration that would be the complete opposite.
  • More body sliders. You can customize the sim's face from forehead to jaw, but body shape only has two options: fit and fat. Come on, Eaxis!
  • The only thing I liked about sims 3 is how everything is designable: hair, clothes, objects, walls, floors. I'd love that for sims 2.
  • I used to play this game called Animal Crossing for gamecube where you could visit your friends towns and your friends could visit yours. I would love something like this for Sims 2. They can visit your town with their chosen sim(s) and interact with sims in your town maybe through going to community lots or owning a house and vice versa.
  • I wish Eaxis would get rid of all the little things that cause BFBVFS. If you aren't supposed to delete sims from the sim bin, why is there is a delete button? Things like that really annoy me.

Now is that too much to ask?

Visit my simblr for sims 4 mods and more &
My simstagram =(^_^)=
Field Researcher
#36 Old 3rd Jan 2012 at 6:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MimiSim
  • More aspirations especially CREATIVITY.. I really miss that one from ps2. I have lots of creative sims who would love to have an aspiration to fit them. I would also like a kindness aspiration where your wants would be postive interactions like give a gift, encourage someone, and so on; and fears would be negative interactions like fight with someone, have an affair with someone, and so on. There could be an Evil aspiration that would be the complete opposite.

This one! I remember having high hopes for a few more aspirations after NL came with one, but that obviously didn't happen.
transmogrified
retired moderator
#37 Old 3rd Jan 2012 at 8:00 AM
I'm wondering if the people who want traits in TS2 imagine a different implementation than what EA did in TS3?

I ask because I find traits to be one of the most limiting aspects of character-based gameplay in TS3, and I honestly don't see much expression of unique personality via the trait system. Instead, it just opens up specific conversational topics (we already have both interests and hobby topics in TS2; "talk about gardening" for a green thumb trait in TS3 is no different), influences moodlets which are relatively meaningless unless you are trying to earn points for reward items, and offers the occasional new behavior (kleptomaniac). I would love to have those behaviors in TS2 -- more for the Sims to do is always better -- but I prefer the non-trait personality system, which is more open to interpretation.
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 3rd Jan 2012 at 8:57 AM
From TS3, I'd like:
- The job system to be similar to TS3. Where job progress doesn't get stagnant after level 10 and you still get increments in pay if you max your performance meter.

- I'd like the writing/ novel writing system to be similar to TS3.The whole structure and the getting royalty part.

- Ability to cancel stupid wants. (it still might not help though, as it doesn't in TS3)

In general, I'd like:

The ability to travel between neighborhoods using planes trains etc.

@mangaroo:
TS3 took away the lively personalities of the sims and added little boxes and called them 'traits' and 'moodlets'. In TS3, I have to actually see the sim panel to find out what the traits of the sim are. In TS2, I'd see a townie joybuzzering everyone and think, "this one must be playful". Or If I'd seen a sim poking others for no reason, I'd know they were really mean sims. TS3 sims all act the same. Maybe the only exception is the 'no sense of humor' trait which I can recognize as the jokes always backfire. Also many traits are utterly useless in TS3. I find the whole "wash hands with evil soap" , "take evil bath" and "take extreme nap" entirely silly and childish.

I personally find Olive Specter much more 'evil' than Vita Alto. Reading Olive's memories had certainly given me goosebumps the first time. An evil woman is someone who murders and keeps murdering with only the slightest provocation. Not someone who has an "evil soap" or who steals candy from babies. That's just childish and stupid.

I think I'd like to see the personality system of TS2 getting expanded and a new system of traits added though which is more than boxes and words and actually sensible.
Mad Poster
#39 Old 3rd Jan 2012 at 4:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Firelira78
"wash hands with evil soap" , "take evil bath"

Seriously? Chalk up yet another reason to avoid Sims 3.

Couple more things I wish they'd done with Sims 2:
Servos that are more robot-like. It would be neat if there was an option to give them human desires and personalities, but otherwise, I'd prefer them to be more like appliances with quirks, and Wants/Fears related to cooking, cleaning, and perhaps gaining skills to make them more efficient.

Pets need more interactions with other pets. Nuzzle, for instance, ought to be available for more than just parents to offspring. And they ought to be able to share beds and food bowls. And groom each other.
Field Researcher
#40 Old 3rd Jan 2012 at 5:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mangaroo
I'm wondering if the people who want traits in TS2 imagine a different implementation than what EA did in TS3?

I ask because I find traits to be one of the most limiting aspects of character-based gameplay in TS3, and I honestly don't see much expression of unique personality via the trait system. Instead, it just opens up specific conversational topics (we already have both interests and hobby topics in TS2; "talk about gardening" for a green thumb trait in TS3 is no different), influences moodlets which are relatively meaningless unless you are trying to earn points for reward items, and offers the occasional new behavior (kleptomaniac). I would love to have those behaviors in TS2 -- more for the Sims to do is always better -- but I prefer the non-trait personality system, which is more open to interpretation.

Yeah, I'd imagine a very different implementation of traits, with different behaviors/interactions for people with different traits, or with something that modifies various aspects. And, given that this would be for Sims 2, I'd like traits + the personality points. (This would eliminate things that would be redundant - a "Neat Freak" or "Slob" trait wouldn't be needed with a personality points system, but things like "Lucky," "Unlucky," "Evil," and the like would

My idea of a Sims 2 trait system would be something like:

For example, a sim who's commitment-phobic might require extremely high relationship requirements for even "Going Steady" or "Engagement" - you might have to get them to 90/90 or 100/100. They might be more likely to spontaneously roll a want to "Break Up" with their spouse. They might have a harder time falling in love.

A Sim who's "unlucky" would be more likely to get bad results on chance cards, be struck by lightning, have fears that are reliant on random chance fulfilled (so if they're a Knowledge sim, their alien abduction chance goes down, but if they're Romance, it goes up), and might do random things like slip and fall on the sidewalk when it's rainy, losing a Body skill point. They might have little random "Oh, woe is me!" animations or break the fourth wall to make more "Why me, Sim God?" gestures.

Bookworms could have the option to get max fun from any bookcase - they could get more fun from a book than from the most fun electronic object. Insane Sims might randomly disobey orders, have a Social Bunny constantly accompanying them around, or have options to have random funny interactions. Childish Sims could probably keep the same perks they have in Sims 3.

Or, in lieu of a trait system, I'd love either a couple more aspirations or a general alignment system - a villain (and possibly hero?) aspiration would be interesting. I mean, right now I generally make sim-Voldemort a fortune/knowledge Sim, but it's not really that good a fit. Something like that would probably involve adding an alignment system rather than traits, where Sims could "study evil" or "study good," much like they do with the witch stations. A "villain" aspiration could have wants to "Have Terrible Reputation," "Become Evil Witch," "Fight with Sim A," with possible LTWs of "Be Mad Scientist," "Make Enemies with 20 Sims," "Be Criminal Mastermind," and so on. Sort of like the "Power" aspiration that was planned at one point but abandoned for being too similar to Fortune, but with an evil tint. (You could also implement an Evil trait that way.)

(Really, what I'd love to have that EAxis would never implement would be an Avada Kedavra type spell - right now, the closest you get is the "Drink X" or "See Ghost of X" wants, but you can't actually have Lord Voldemort kill Harry's parents.) I know that one Sim directly doing something to cause the death of another would make it an M-rated game, but we have death by Murphy Bed - I wish they could at least have had some sort of comical "Sim A kills Sim B by dropping a piano on them" death, with an elaborate setup + chance of failure or something.

Basically, I'd like anything that would give the Sims even more individual personalities than what they already have. A new aspiration, alignment system for everyone, or traits that would add to a Sim's uniqueness are really all just expressions of ways to implement that.
Mad Poster
#41 Old 3rd Jan 2012 at 8:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mangaroo

Well, yeah, probably. XD I've never played TS3 at all, so my imagination is probably miles off the mark.
*shrugs*
retired moderator
#42 Old 3rd Jan 2012 at 8:54 PM
Yes, mangaroo, I imagine (or hope for) a different and better implementation of traits. I remember pre-release videos of TS2 with two teen sisters (twins?). One was very outgoing and the other was very shy as evident by the way they carried themselves when idle and when actually performed interactions. The released TS2 did implement this to some degree: neat Sims will wash windows, outgoing Sims do the "hey there!" finger point upon entrance (plus nude hot tub), and so forth. But it is still rather limited and relatively minor in some respects. There are some motive effects, but so many other things affect motives now that you may not always see the connection between Neat Sims and their hygiene bar. So these elements do manifest themselves but not always in the desired manner or frequency. Elsewhere on this site, someone mentioned their supposedly hardened soldier Sims having an obsession with hugging each other which would be inappropriate for their player-created context. As other people have pointed out before, a Sim at the top of the Law Enforcement career (the superhero) should not be frantic and helpless against a petty thief in their home. The basic, "traditional" Sims personality structure just seems too simple sometimes.

Generally speaking, what we imagine will tend to be better than the reality...but it would be nice if I could actually designate certain characteristics that are not available in the TS2 personality structure. For example, how might you simulate arrogance? I've known some nice (or at least pleasant) people who were very arrogant, so a low Niceness score would not be proper. Neatness, Seriousness, or Outgoing-ness were not contributing factors either. There are also relationship dynamics (e.g. competitive, dominant, submissive, one-sided) that cannot really exist in TS2. (Now that I think about it, having traits/attributes associated with relationships might open new doors for more complex and interesting types of relationships. I know some Sims who would love to just be "Friends with benefits" without that oh-so nasty "Commitment" element.)

Given the flexibility of sliders, it would be interesting if the traits system and the traditional point-based system could be combined into something better. I don't want to say "compromise" because that sounds like something "good" of either system must be lost. There is probably always going to be a problem with balance though. Leave things too vague and left to the imagination, you might find situations like the hardened soldiers where you see flaws or inconsistencies. Leave things too strict and Sims may be pigeon-holed into flat stereotypes. If mannerisms are too rare or infrequent, there is not much point to them. If they are too frequent, they become annoying (like the Free Time hobby idle animations).

*shrug*

*goes back to read Julieryc's post I missed*

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...
Test Subject
#43 Old 6th Jan 2012 at 1:43 PM
As I mentioned in a post elsewhere, HORSES and the ability to breed them. That's it. Everything else on my personal wish list would be a great perk, but horses will always be my TS2 want.

Runners-up:
Livestock - I vote for chickens, turkeys, goats, pigs, cows, and sheep.
More options for garden plants.
More options for trees.
Sliders for ladies' bra cup size.
Sliders for body shape, musculature, fit or fat - basically, steal TS3's handling of this and stick it in TS2.
Mad Poster
#44 Old 6th Jan 2012 at 10:30 PM
i want to a add a feature that would let us change clothes and hair in CAS just like in sims 3 sims 2 on ps2, not in a window-like thingy.
Mad Poster
#45 Old 6th Jan 2012 at 10:58 PM
I have virtually created my OWN custom Sim2, with all the mods & CC. But I find so many things lacking... or just stupid, or boring, or broken... I go to sleep at night imagining a NEW game; a Sim that could have been, but no new version of Sims could ever be. Example: hoods would actually be differant (roads, vehicles,etc), including what's available in each (AND a choice of which one to put CC in!). Alien, Old West, Renaissance, Primitive. And a "natural disaster" setting. And REAL personalities - bad guys that come up with their own mischief, and refuse "nice" commands; Sims you can mark as moral, so they won't fall in bed with anyone who makes friends with them. And you can't call it Sims, what COULD I name it? If the technology even EXISTS, why has no one challenged the not-so-expert creators of SIms?

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Instructor
#46 Old 7th Jan 2012 at 12:24 AM
- Open neighborhood like in S3, but no story progression
- More aspirations! Perhaps also the ability to customise those we all ready have. For example the ability to chose whether a family sim will have the desire to have lots and lots of children, or just want to have a simple stable family where interactions between the family members are an important thing.
- Body-sliders or at least more different body shapes. Even if my sims are as fit as they can be they don´t look direct muscular. The arms of the female sims are still thin as spaghetti no matter how much they exercise.
- Anti-corruption. I don´t wanna have to worry about neighborhood corruption, and I wanna be able to play a loved ´hood for the rest of my life if I so wanted!
- A pre-teen life stage and also a stage between adult and elder. The contrasts between a child and a teen and between an adult and an elder are simply too big.
- Personality points + traits! Traits was a good idea, but I don´t want it to replace the personality points - it should instead be a complement. A trait like "heavy sleeper" is not really an important description of someones personality, but it can be a good complement. Simply put: I want the personality points to be the basis and the traits to be something that complement it.

Well that´s what I can think of right now.
Test Subject
#47 Old 7th Jan 2012 at 12:25 AM
The design tool is the biggest thing I would want. Story progression would be next.
Lab Assistant
#48 Old 9th Jan 2012 at 9:45 PM
This is a small thing, but all my Sims paint pictures of each other and have through the generations. They use them to decorate their homes and I use the pictures as a reminder of the families who lived there. I wish there was a way to label the pictures so that, with a click, I'd know the name of that ancestor above the fireplace.
Page 2 of 2