Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Jun 2010 at 2:19 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3
Default Problem when doing th "save as" for resource.cfg link
When i do it, i have the option of "save link as" and i thought ok same thing. But when its in my mods folder it just says resources and has four little squares on the left of it. It looks nothing like the guide says, and i continued through the modding proccess and they dont work. Is it because the resources.cfg is somehow linked wrong?

I have Vista, maybe thats the problem, but im thinking im just overlooking something or did something stupid without realizing, but ive spent about six hours trying to mod this game and im tired and decided to ask for help. Can anyone help me out quickly? I love this game but would reall like some mods.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 29th Jun 2010 at 9:45 PM
Default MTS2 Staff Reply
  • Sims 3 - Installing Custom Content
    You appear to not have read our great guides to downloading and installing custom content for Sims 3.

Game_Help:TS3_Custom_Contentwiki This link contains everything you've ever wanted to know about installing .package and sims3packs.

• Sims 3 - Verify 1.12/AMB Mods folder and resource file
    1. What is your gameversion? How_to_find_your_GameVersion

Copy and paste the first line of the skuversion.txt from the following locations, for whichever games you have:
      C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin
      C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 World Adventures\Game\Bin
      C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 High End Loft Stuff\Game\Bin
      C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 Ambitions\Game\Bin

Quote:
      BG: GameVersion =
      WA: GameVersion =
      HEL: GameVersion =
      AMB: GameVersion =
    2. Take a screenshot of:
      • Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\
      • Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\
      • Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Packages
      ... and attach them to a post on this thread? Click Go Advanced and then Manage Attachments.

Make sure you set your folder view to Details mode and expand out the Name and Type columns so they're fully readable.

3. Open your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\resource.cfg file in Notepad and copy-paste its contents here.

4. Right-click on Resource.cfg and check Properties. Is the file name Resource.cfg or Resource.cfg.txt or something else?

You've followed the guide above? Perhaps more specifically the Game Help:Installing Sims 3 Package Files/Setup and Fileswiki
Where you can download a resource.cfg file to put in the mods folder. Clearly your setup is wrong somewhere.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#3 Old 30th Jun 2010 at 12:58 AM
Can you provide a screenshot of the file?
You should be able to just click the link and copy the text, if downloading doesn't work. Paste the text into a new document in notepad, and save it as Resource.cfg with the type set to All files (*.*).

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.