Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Jul 2010 at 5:12 AM
Default Town wont load
Hi now that I've updated to the patch I've started having problems. I've made sure to update my frames, and double checked that I have all the correct patches in the right places. But my game wont load my town fully. It gets to 99% and just sits there continuing to give tips but doesnt go any further. Im at a loss of what to do. someone please help.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 14th Jul 2010 at 6:57 AM
Default MTS2 Staff Reply
  • Sims 3 - Game Problems
    For generic game related issues, please see this FAQ:

Game Help:Sims 3 Game Problemwiki

• Sims 3 - Verify 1.12/AMB Mods folder and resource file
    1. What is your gameversion? How_to_find_your_GameVersion

Copy and paste the first line of the skuversion.txt from the following locations, for whichever games you have:
      C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin
      C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 World Adventures\Game\Bin
      C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 High End Loft Stuff\Game\Bin
      C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 Ambitions\Game\Bin

Quote:
      BG: GameVersion =
      WA: GameVersion =
      HEL: GameVersion =
      AMB: GameVersion =
    2. Take a screenshot of:
      • Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\
      • Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\
      • Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages
      ... and attach them to a post on this thread? Click Go Advanced and then Manage Attachments.

Make sure you set your folder view to Details mode and expand out the Name and Type columns so they're fully readable.

3. Open your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\resource.cfg file in Notepad and copy-paste its contents here.

4. Right-click on Resource.cfg and check Properties. Is the file name Resource.cfg or Resource.cfg.txt or something else?