Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Jan 2012 at 11:46 PM
Default What did you think of Appaloosa Plains?
I just got Pets and haven't played the neighborhood yet, as I've been focusing on my Sunset Valley. What did you think of Appaloosa Plains when you played it?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 15th Jan 2012 at 7:49 PM
its pretty cool. I went there because I wanted a horse... and i dont wanna buy all the horse stuff...in my backyard.
itsvery like country-like...old school. But i think there missing venues thats the downer.... I wanted my sim to be an actor... and icant find that job.
Eminence Grise
#3 Old 15th Jan 2012 at 11:19 PM
AP has more venues from other EPs than any other new town so far, including specially-crafted versions of the Ambitions venues (very nice consignment store, salon and firehouse, not the ugly defaults we usually get), and several LN venues as well. It's true though that if you want a movie studio, you'll have to add that manually.

I think it's one of the best worlds we've had, just in terms of its aesthetic qualities... but tastes differ of course. It's also a bit small in terms of premade population. But the lots are nice and big, which you'll need if you want horses
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 16th Jan 2012 at 8:24 AM
The world is very well made, with the aesthetics being quite on-place, and the fact they bothered on including special lots for use with Ambitions says a lot to it. The sims themselves are not that enticing (at least for me), but that's somewhat excusable when you consider that the world's main draw is to play it with the pets.
Theorist
#5 Old 18th Jan 2012 at 6:54 PM
It's pretty great, try it out when you get the chance. Like everyone else said it has its own specially designed Ambitions lots which is amazing. It has some nice premade houses as well and it's fun to have your own farms on those. Playing as a pet in Appaloosa Plains is fun too, lots of space to run around and explore.
Test Subject
#6 Old 18th Jan 2012 at 10:50 PM
I have only played it for a few hours, and i like it better than Twinbrooks and Brigdeport. I like the colors and the layout. Would have liked a little more spawners and I think it's a bit small, but overall a desent hood.
It kinda reminds me of where I grew up, only a lot bigger
Haven't tried any of the premade sims yet.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 18th Jan 2012 at 11:03 PM
I killed everyone off using mastercontroller and populated the town myself. I like the layout the best and the fact I only had to add the laundromat and movie studio was a bonus!
Test Subject
#8 Old 21st Jan 2012 at 5:00 AM
It's a very nice world. Appaloosa Plains is the best world to go for if you want horses. I like the look and the feel of it, like it is a country town. I still have yet to see a wild horse in that town though and I still haven't seen the unicorn either. But overall, you'll really like it.
Field Researcher
#9 Old 22nd Jan 2012 at 10:34 PM
Its a nice town the only thing I didnt like was that there werent many houses that were kind of big, I have some big families with horses and i couldnt fin a house the size i wanted.

-Though this be madness, yet there is method in it-
One Minute Ninja'd
#10 Old 23rd Jan 2012 at 2:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RoseGirl101
Its a nice town the only thing I didnt like was that there werent many houses that were kind of big, I have some big families with horses and i couldnt fin a house the size i wanted.

RoseGirl, that's true. I also lean towards larger. mutli-generational families, but I found that with the large lots, as well as the layout of the existing homes, it is fairly easy to expand.

Of all the worlds to date, I would say it's my first or second favorite. I really liked the idea of Bridgeport, and thought the approach of combining a "city" center attached to a private "Bel Air" type of neighborhood was pretty creative. It was just too bad the technical gremlins weren't addressed, leaving me disappointed it wasn't fully exploited. As I'm not big on rural towns, I was apprehensive about AP. I thought Twinbrook was OK, and SV was fair; I hated Riverview and have only opened it once. Hidden Valley/Springs/ whatever it was called, and Barnacle Bay were disappointments as well. AP turned out, IMO, to be a really entertaining world for me.

I haven't spent much time with some of the custom worlds out there, but after the last agonal breaths of my old DuoCore pc (RIP, you did well for your age), my new unplanned family addition pc is like lightening. I'm looking forward to throwing the biggest quality worlds I can find onto it and have the gameplay time finally outpace the rate my coffee cools off at.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 23rd Jan 2012 at 11:40 PM
I agree with the fact that AP has a very country feel to it. That may be why there's no movie studio, because it's supposed to be geared to those who truly want to experience that 'on the plains' feel. I personally thought the hood was perfectly created, however I actually live in a country town like AP, so I can't get away from the fast paced life of Bridgeport.
Test Subject
#12 Old 24th Jan 2012 at 2:31 AM
Yeah, same as 'mswilson2007'. I love the country feel in AP. Love the simplicity. No apartment, no high rise...
But, hey, why there's only one Pub in AP?? lol
Forum Resident
#13 Old 29th Jan 2012 at 2:35 PM
I think there is a Late Night club in the Library bin, but I don't want to put it into the town because it doesn't fit the atmosphere at all, JarkaD built some decent western-look pub and house that go perfectly with AP, ung999 has this wonderful Pets (http://www.modthesims.info/d/460784) lot that I've used since the release. Still this is the best world that EA ever crafted so far. Though I end up bulldozing all residential lots as always (sorry EA, couldn't resist the exceptional beauty and clutter-y fullness of CC houses), I really appreciate the effort that went into AP.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 29th Jan 2012 at 8:08 PM
I played for a bit in AP, before my save corrupted. And I have to agree that it's so beautiful. I love the landscape and the mountains, as well as the new rabbitholes. I just decided to kill off all the EA made families (with AwesomeMod's destroyallhumans cheat...mwahaha) and make my own, and I really do like the premade houses. Way to go EA!
Test Subject
#15 Old 31st Jan 2012 at 6:22 PM
I made a pretty good family in Appaloosa Plains and then they got laggy so I had to move to a completely new neighbourhood, and again I chose AP. It was all smooth until I chose to make my own world, so I moved my family there and I don't play AP anymore.
I think it's practical, nicely decorated, there's lots of green area instead of concrete so it was perfect for me, I have nothing bad to say about it, go ahead, play it
Field Researcher
#16 Old 31st Jan 2012 at 9:13 PM
I got frustrated with it. I couldn't find seeds or gems anywhere, and found one piece of metal. I just ended up moving the sim to another town.
Test Subject
#17 Old 1st Feb 2012 at 9:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kawaiipd
I got frustrated with it. I couldn't find seeds or gems anywhere, and found one piece of metal. I just ended up moving the sim to another town.

I found it all, mostly rare seeds as well :/
Field Researcher
#18 Old 1st Feb 2012 at 10:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kawaiipd

I've found when playing a new neighbourhood that you have to wait a few days to one week for collectables to start spawning.
Forum Resident
#19 Old 1st Feb 2012 at 11:25 PM
I actually like it quite a lot I think all the community lots are really cute (the pond at the cat park is shaped like a cat!: D)
Instructor
#20 Old 2nd Feb 2012 at 2:17 PM
The grass is so... yellow But it's either that or neon-green. I wish there was a middle ground @__@

But other than that, Appaloosa Plains is nice.

♥ ❤ ❥ Tumblr (which I never update) ♥ ❤ ❥
My Blog
Test Subject
#21 Old 2nd Feb 2012 at 11:44 PM
Its very small for my taste. There's a lot for your pets to do but there isn't really anything for sims to do here. No social locations, not a lot of normal looking sims, and very few houses. Not a fan of Appaloosa Plains, I just keep editing Sunset Valley per expansion pack.
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 6th Feb 2012 at 8:51 PM
it's my favorite town so far. plenty of space, the aesthetics fit my tastes, and if i feel like dropping a family into a pre-made house instead of spending 5+ hours on one of my own, i don't have to do any drastic renovations. compared to some of the stone cold atrocious pre-made lots available for other towns (EVERYTHING IN SUNSET VALLEY MAKES ME FLIP TABLES), appaloosa plains comes with some really solid stuff. i also love the community lots the best. biggest downside: having to make a couple of my own just because the offerings, while great, are a little sparse.
Instructor
#23 Old 8th Feb 2012 at 9:20 PM
I find it sort of hard to place. It kinda reminds me of western Nebraska, parts of Montana, northern New Mexico or western Colorado. But it really is too hilly for other parts of the "old west." It certainly is too hilly for Kansas, eastern Colorado.and the vast majority of the Great Plains. Also the river really does not fit too well in what should be a semi arid climate. But, if the terrain were flattened out a bit more, and the river replaced by an interstate highway, it really could pass quite well for the old west. The town really should have a railroad running through it; most towns in the west were laid out by the railroads.

Like most small towns in that part of the world, there really are not a lot of facilities. There really are not a lot of different style bars in most small towns. A cowboy bar with a mechanical bull might have been fitting. Of course, I have yet to see a mechanical bull in a small town bar. But it makes more sense than in a Showtime style world.

Also, the equestrian center is off. I would expect to see a facility like that farther east -- like in Kentucky. There really is not that much horse racing per se in the West. We do have our rodeos, so replacing the equestrian center with rodeo grounds would be more fitting.
Test Subject
#24 Old 9th Feb 2012 at 4:57 PM
With some of the new features, including Horses; BTW, the Pet Shop that I got with my EP was very cool. very put together indeed. I didn't know that EA could had pull something off like this before. It just feel amazing.

The Sims were kinda boring, so I kinda put in all of my created Sims that I had made from my custom world, Sunset Island into Appaoloosa, and some Horses too.

"Unsaddle Me - This saddle has been on me for too long" was one of my favorite moodlets! :D
Forum Resident
#25 Old 10th Feb 2012 at 11:11 AM
I can't be dealing with EA made worlds, unless I'm testing a family, or Egypt or China and France (- they're lovely ^_^). Anne Arbor is really good if you wanna combine LN and Pets. You can easily move some of the lots around to accommodate having horses. Plus obv. not everyone will have a horse.

Um, I wasn't terribly impressed with Appaloosa Planes, simply because it was too rural for me, I needed some city(ish) action. I also though the terrain layout was kinda boring and lazy..

Also, I like to populate my own world otherwise I'd have to go through all the residents and reduce their head size.. Only the service sims I haven't seen have bobble heads in my worlds. I tend to leave the foreigners alone.

Go suck an elf...
Page 1 of 2