Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Dec 2013 at 6:52 PM Last edited by CloudChaser0 : 9th Dec 2013 at 7:30 PM.
Default How do I recolor floor tiles?
How do I recolor floor tiles?

Note: I want to make a new tile (I don't want to overwrite an old one), thanks .
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 9th Dec 2013 at 7:32 PM
Pretty much the same as you do for objects.

In S3OC, go Cloning -> Wall/floor patterns, pick a floor to start with, and hit "Clone or fix...", make sure "Rename/renumber" is ticked, and OK. Then open your new file in S3PE, export the _IMG resources, edit them however you like and then reimport them.

Or, if you prefer, go to TSRW's New Project window, pick a floor (I think they're in the Build objects section), export the textures, edit them, and reimport them.

Do you need help with editing the mask, normalmap etc.?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Dec 2013 at 7:45 PM
I've been using "Sims2 HomeCrafter Plus". From what it displays tiles/walls/etc (including CC), lets me pick one, and then it exports it to a directory where I can edit the tile. Afterwards it lets me re-import it into the game. It seems a lot like Body Shop, but for tiles/walls/etc.

Screenshots:

UPDATE:
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#4 Old 11th Dec 2013 at 1:49 PM
Oh christ, I'm sorry, I completely failed to realise that this is in the TS2 forum. MyMTS just says "Object Creation" and doesn't specifiy. Sorry .

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
#5 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 7:50 PM
Make new tiles easily in Homecrafter
Download The Sims Homecrafter Plus program. From there you will be able to create not only new, unique floor tiles and package them for your game or distribution, you can also make walls - anything walls. Good fun, I've been at it for months and haven't gotten tired of the endless possibilities that are now open to me using the program.

Quote: Originally posted by CloudChaser0
How do I recolor floor tiles?

Note: I want to make a new tile (I don't want to overwrite an old one), thanks .