Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Dec 2012 at 6:43 AM Last edited by CleoSombra : 24th Dec 2012 at 7:20 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Late Night, Generations, Seasons, University Life
Default Sim not getting celebrity opportunities
I recently downloaded patch 1.42 and installed Late Night. My only other expansion installed is Generations.

My sim was having this glitch where she her action queue was being cleared at 4 AM every day (e.g., she was waking up at 4 AM). After surfing around on the internet for a fix, it was suggested to have her move out and move back in.

This solved that problem, but created the next one.

When she moved back in, one of her moodlets was missing, but everything else was intact, including her wishes (when they should have been cleared). Additionally, she still had an opportunity open (dance at a club for 3 hours). However, this opportunity had glitched, because the little drop down menu on the panel was blank, and the red text at the top of the opportunity (where it says the due date or location or whatever) was blank. I canceled the opportunity.

Since then, my sim hasn't gotten any opportunities. She might have had one skill opportunity, but I can't recall for sure if that was before or after this glitch. I tried reset sim and tried evicting her, putting her in a different apartment, switching to a different household and back. Still no opportunities.

She's currently a level 3 celebrity.

This is definitely not a mod conflict, as this occurred when I had no mods or CC installed.

Check out my new blog - I Think My Cat Is An Alien
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 25th Dec 2012 at 6:13 PM
Did you back up your game before you patched and installed a new EP?

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Dec 2012 at 7:49 PM
sdoj - No, because once I installed the game, I started playing in a new world, Bridgeport, which was not available prior to installation of the EP.

Site Helper
#4 Old 26th Dec 2012 at 3:16 PM
So restoring from backup is out... I seem to remember a setting where opportunities can be turned off, although I suppose you might remember fiddling with it and it affects all sims not just one.

Hopefully the Game Problem FAQ http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php..._3_Game_Problem can shed more light on things.

(I suppose you could also try using the Master Controller to see if you can spawn opportunities. This will have them showing up faster than if you just wait. http://nraas.wikispaces.com/MasterController
It won't let you spawn an opportunity your sim doesn't qualify for, so if the menu is empty the problem is continuing. When you are testing with no CC, have -only- the Master Controller in the game. )

(Click your sim, then NRAAS, Master Controller, Basic, and scroll down to Opportunities.)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 27th Dec 2012 at 3:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
So restoring from backup is out... I seem to remember a setting where opportunities can be turned off, although I suppose you might remember fiddling with it and it affects all sims not just one.

Hopefully the Game Problem FAQ http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php..._3_Game_Problem can shed more light on things.

(I suppose you could also try using the Master Controller to see if you can spawn opportunities. This will have them showing up faster than if you just wait. http://nraas.wikispaces.com/MasterController
It won't let you spawn an opportunity your sim doesn't qualify for, so if the menu is empty the problem is continuing. When you are testing with no CC, have -only- the Master Controller in the game. )

(Click your sim, then NRAAS, Master Controller, Basic, and scroll down to Opportunities.)

Hi, thank you for replying.

The "Suppress Opportunities" option is definitely unchecked.

I was using Master Controller to spawn celebrity opportunities . . . but I feel like I'm cheating when I do it this way. I wish they'd be spontaneous and work properly.

Off the top of your head, how often would you say your level 4-level 5 sims get celebrity opportunities?

Site Helper
#6 Old 28th Dec 2012 at 3:28 PM
I don't have Late Night, so I don't have celebrities. What I have noticed is that the timing of opportunities for everyone else seems to be quite random. (Although lucky sims seem to get them more often.)

It's possible that you need to toggle suppress opportunities on and back off. I know someone had to do that with memory creation. But if MC is allowing her to spawn an opportunity, then she shouldn't be being blocked from them unless you have a mod that is suppressing opportunities. She might also need to be reset.