Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Jun 2013 at 2:51 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Ambitions
Default Sims 3 Ambitions Glitches and Crashing During Saving
When playing Sims 3 my game either glitches for about 30 minutes while I'm playing and then crashes or crashes when I’m try to save. I started to follow the steps on the Game Help: Sims 3 Crashing Checklist. Deleting Cache Files and files in the Thumbnails folder did not fix the problem so I moved on to deleting files ending in .dbc in the DCCache folder since I do not have a WorldCache folder or a Mods folder. When deleting the .dbc files did not work I followed the instructions for Renaming User Files. I was able to play my game without glitches or crashes with fresh user files and when I copy-pasted the Saves folder from my The Sims 3 backup folder to the new The Sims 3 folder my game started glitching again. However, on the Wiki it does not say what you’re supposed to do once you figure out that the Saves folder is the problem. I realize that this might be a simple problem, but I’m new at this and I’d like more detailed directions if possible. Thanks for your patience!
Advertisement
In the Arena
retired moderator
#2 Old 1st Jul 2013 at 4:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by scinnick
However, on the Wiki it does not say what you’re supposed to do once you figure out that the Saves folder is the problem.
But I did! See Section D
Quote:
5. At what point did the crash occur?
  • At the initial loading screen?
  • After you've chosen a Town or Save game? You've obviously tested with New game, but that was fine? If it only affects one Save file, but not others, and especially if no crashing on new, vanilla games
    • Get ErrorTrap from Twallan @NRaas Industries.
Do you mean you did try ErrorTrap and it didn't help?

Have you also read and tried suggestions in Game_Help:TS3_Save_Errorswiki?