Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#2826 Old 10th Mar 2012 at 4:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by acidsugar
I have a singer who wants to make an album...and for the life of me I can't figure out how to do it! Does anyone know?

*hangs head in shame* lol

I think they can only "Sell" an album. They either have to hear you or you need to talk to them for the option to come up under Singer. I was able to sell albums after performing for tips.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2827 Old 10th Mar 2012 at 8:10 PM
Thank you! I did mean "sell" an album...I haven't got the option yet so I will keep singing around town

"Too long a sacrifice can make a stone of the heart." - William Butler Yeats
Mad Poster
#2828 Old 10th Mar 2012 at 9:26 PM
Does windy weather come with Showtime?
I saw this badge description on the official site which made me wonder:

"Blown Away!
Bronze
Description: Have your Sim get blown away while trying to walk against the wind"

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Lab Assistant
#2829 Old 14th Mar 2012 at 12:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44
Does windy weather come with Showtime?
I saw this badge description on the official site which made me wonder:

"Blown Away!
Bronze
Description: Have your Sim get blown away while trying to walk against the wind"

I've seen a mime do that, so I think it refers to that.

I've built a dive bar, a fusion bar, and the upmarket bar in Starlight Shores, but there is no option for my sim to register as self employed in the band career at City Hall. The painter option is there, but not a band. Am i doing something wrong? I've checked all the lots, and they all work as they should, but I'm just not getting the band option. Are there certain types of bar you need in order for this to be possible?
Lab Assistant
#2830 Old 14th Mar 2012 at 12:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by acidsugar
Thank you! I did mean "sell" an album...I haven't got the option yet so I will keep singing around town

You have to have relationships with people first, before you can sell them albums.
Lab Assistant
#2831 Old 14th Mar 2012 at 5:27 AM
Why are the instruments of a custom venue being stolen?

I put a stage and all four instruments in the lot so bands can play gigs, but every now and then a guitar or the drums vanish! I've actually found the drumming set inside one of my regular playable sims' inventory! I don't know if she paid for it out of the family funds or... well, you know, kleptoed it?

Is there any way to lock the items of a community lot? Why doesn't this happen in ready-made venues?
Lab Assistant
#2832 Old 15th Mar 2012 at 1:42 AM
for some reason i didnt see this thread before LOL dont i feel rather silly
Lab Assistant
#2833 Old 15th Mar 2012 at 1:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by geerchsim88
Why are the instruments of a custom venue being stolen?

I put a stage and all four instruments in the lot so bands can play gigs, but every now and then a guitar or the drums vanish! I've actually found the drumming set inside one of my regular playable sims' inventory! I don't know if she paid for it out of the family funds or... well, you know, kleptoed it?

Is there any way to lock the items of a community lot? Why doesn't this happen in ready-made venues?

Sounds like a glitch, as it doesn't generally happen. I've had it happen once on an unpatched LN game, but nothing else. Instruments would be hard to "klepto" because there are always people around.
Lab Assistant
#2834 Old 15th Mar 2012 at 2:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JRD7
Sounds like a glitch, as it doesn't generally happen. I've had it happen once on an unpatched LN game, but nothing else. Instruments would be hard to "klepto" because there are always people around.

Thanks for the reply. Maybe it happened because it was a new lot in an old town?

The Yellow Trumpet Jazz Club has lost two guitars and a set of drums, so I'll keep an eye out for these instrument-stealing Sims!
Field Researcher
#2835 Old 17th Mar 2012 at 5:22 PM
Question: Can you make any recipes with fish you've caught aside from sushi? If so, how? :-/
One Minute Ninja'd
#2836 Old 17th Mar 2012 at 5:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by secretsim
Question: Can you make any recipes with fish you've caught aside from sushi? If so, how? :-/

You can make grilled salmon (from caught salmon), fish and chips, and, if you consider them fish (EA does), frogs legs. Oh, and ambrosia from deathfish. This is assuming you buy and read the recipes (although grilled salmon just comes with some level of cooking skill).
Alchemist
#2837 Old 17th Mar 2012 at 6:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by eskie227
You can make grilled salmon (from caught salmon), fish and chips, and, if you consider them fish (EA does), frogs legs. Oh, and ambrosia from deathfish. This is assuming you buy and read the recipes (although grilled salmon just comes with some level of cooking skill).

Does the lobster in lobster thermidor count as a fish?
Field Researcher
#2838 Old 17th Mar 2012 at 6:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by eskie227
You can make grilled salmon (from caught salmon), fish and chips, and, if you consider them fish (EA does), frogs legs.

I see this conversation has taken a horribly twisted and barbaric turn...

Simulis
απολαυστικά κακό
One Minute Ninja'd
#2839 Old 17th Mar 2012 at 6:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by calisims
Does the lobster in lobster thermidor count as a fish?

Yup. Forgot the lobster. I do know that recipe comes with reaching level 10 in cooking.
One Minute Ninja'd
#2840 Old 17th Mar 2012 at 6:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PoisonFrog
I see this conversation has taken a horribly twisted and barbaric turn...

That's why you're taught from the time you're a little tadpole to never take the bait.
Field Researcher
#2841 Old 17th Mar 2012 at 10:48 PM
My stupid question for the day: Why is there no sub board on MTS for Showtime?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2842 Old 17th Mar 2012 at 10:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kiatyn
My stupid question for the day: Why is there no sub board on MTS for Showtime?

My stupid answer of the day: because the Gnome ate it.
Hanging with the Gnomies
#2843 Old 17th Mar 2012 at 10:58 PM
Hey! Why do I always get the blame?
Test Subject
#2844 Old 18th Mar 2012 at 6:50 PM
Probably a dumbest thing asked by me: Where are the gardening tools to buy (soil patches and such)?
Lab Assistant
#2845 Old 18th Mar 2012 at 6:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by boored2death
Probably a dumbest thing asked by me: Where are the gardening tools to buy (soil patches and such)?

you just need seeds/fruits/veggies of something where you click on it inside your inventory and click on "plant", you can find it at random spots of the world, you fridge or the grocery store
Instructor
#2846 Old 18th Mar 2012 at 6:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by boored2death

You plant seeds/produce directly. For instance, you can buy grapes, bring them back home, click one them, and plant them.

I promise I'm not as grumpy as my avatar looks.
Test Subject
#2847 Old 18th Mar 2012 at 11:39 PM
Oooh, thanks. Now for the second and third questions: Why does it says: EP8: Showtime, when it is the 6th? and: Why does it says: Get your SHT on with this cool expansion, when it is not cool?
Lab Assistant
#2848 Old 19th Mar 2012 at 12:13 AM
Ok, is there any way to remove existing celebrities celebrity status? I have Twallans mod and set the number of celebs to 1/2 per neighborhood but there was apparently more than that already existing at the time. Virtually the whole neighborhood are 1/2 star celebs. Anyone know a workaround?

"Those who mind don't matter; and those that matter don't mind" - Dr Suess
Field Researcher
#2849 Old 19th Mar 2012 at 9:44 AM
Is it safe to delete families from the main menu or is it a VBT, like it is in Sims 2? My menu's all cluttered cos I wanted to make all different families when I first got the game and I haven't played them since :x
One Minute Ninja'd
#2850 Old 19th Mar 2012 at 10:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by vickster
Ok, is there any way to remove existing celebrities celebrity status? I have Twallans mod and set the number of celebs to 1/2 per neighborhood but there was apparently more than that already existing at the time. Virtually the whole neighborhood are 1/2 star celebs. Anyone know a workaround?

Click on the celebrity, select Nrass/master controller/intermediate/celebrity level and set it to whatever you want. To remove status , just set it to 0.
Page 114 of 385