Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!

UPDATE: Floor Drain - Puddle Prevention

SCREENSHOTS
Downloads 749 Thanks  Thanks Favourited 47,726 Views
Picked Upload!   This is a picked upload! It showcases some of the best talent and creativity available on MTS and in the community.
Uploaded: 17th Dec 2006 at 4:50 AM
Updated: 10th Sep 2008 at 6:46 PM - UPDATE
UPDATED Sept 10, 2008 - Fixed depreciation to work properly. Item no longer increases in value.
UPDATED Dec 17, 2006 - Included Version with own GUID that drains whole room, to avoid problems with puddle edges being messed up.

I requested an item similar to this a while ago, and decided to make it myself.

This is cloned from Echo's 2 tile rug, with the footprint changed to one tile and behaviors added to drain puddles in a 3*3 tile area around the drain and in the same room. Unfortunately this cleans existing puddles(when drain placed) in a way similar to the CleanBot, which doesn't allow for the nearby puddles to change shape. This results in those puddles having straight edges as shown in the images. However, if the drain is placed on a puddle free floor, any new puddles that form around the 3*3 tile area will flow around that area, generally creating the nice curved puddle edges.

These are great for bathrooms and dog kennels.

Be aware that the placement of the drain acts much like a rug, so it can be placed under objects, walked over, etc. This means it can also be placed on itself and on rugs.

Also, I have all EPs installed, and I'm unsure what this will and won't work with. As it is cloned from Echo's rug, it should probably work with anything those rugs work with, but I make no gaurantees.

These can be found in Plumbing>Misc

May be included with any lot uploaded to MTS2. No clones please, but recolors fine if posted only on free sites.

Poly count as listed in SimPe:
--Faces: 676 / verts: 948
A little much for such a small object, maybe, but I like having the actual holes in the drain.

Obviously, credit to Maxis and all the creators of the programs that make creation possible, as well as to the makers of the tutorials that I learned from. Credit to the creator(s) of the Echo 2 tile rug.